We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV5678NEXT
No more Conspiracy Theory topics on the DMT-Nexus! Options

SWIMfriend
#121 Posted : 7/25/2011 8:03:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

People need to get a grip on this issue.

First, there IS such a phenomenon as a "conspiracy theory topic," and it IS true that the very CHARACTER of the phenomenon promotes USELESS and EMPTY discussion which nevertheless is able to raise tempers and lead to discord.

Topics such as "9/11" might be VERY IMPORTANT, and might indeed be capable of exposing GROUND-SHAKING TRUTHS that all people need to hear; yet, they don't have to be the ONLY THINGS ever discussed, or even the PRIMARY CONCERN of all people all the time.

THEREFORE (again, even if these topics ARE of critical importance), it is RATIONAL AND SENSIBLE AND PRACTICAL to have places and times when ONLY OTHER THINGS are discussed. Thus,it is sensible to have a forum with a rule that such topics be EXCLUDED FROM the discussions. This concept is NOT DIFFICULT, and there doesn't need to be ENDLESS DISCUSSION about it.

This is what the owner of the forum wants, and the desire is NOT in any way an unreasonable social burden on ANY aware person--i.e., any person who understands that most things have their time and place, and that certain places are restricted to (and created for) only certain kinds of activities and not OTHER activities.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

a1pha
#122 Posted : 7/25/2011 8:10:34 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Well stated SWIMfriend. I agree completely.

I have my own far out theories about certain topics, but this is NOT the place for them. As you point out, 9/11 is VERY important - but this is the DMT-Nexus and I don't see the relation between DMT and 9/11 (unless you take into account subsequent legislation which alters our privacy and certain 'freedoms', e.g. the Patriot Act - but that's not what gets discussed).
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

jamie
#123 Posted : 7/25/2011 8:25:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Well, I guess I agree. I dont think that topics like what really went down at 911 are something people should run away from, but I dont think it is always relevant to what we want to discuss either. I just feel that it is important durring these times that people do question these things and are made aware of how much of it does not makes sense in realation to what we are being told.

I think it is indirectly related though sometimes becasue psychedelics break down barriers and help us to see bigger pictures..topics like what went down at 911 might be part of that bigger picture. You cant get away from it, or pretend it is not there when you live in this society. It is all around. People are going to take psychedelics and then start to ask these larger questions. It is inevitable. I just dont see one not leading into the other at some point.
Long live the unwoke.

a1pha
#124 Posted : 7/25/2011 8:30:29 PM

fractal enchantment wrote:
People are going to take psychedelics and then start to ask these larger questions. It is inevitable. I just dont see one not leading into the other at some point.

EXACTLY! Wink

We don't need to discuss the topics here. We can certainly discuss the TOOLS to help people open their eyes and do the research themselves - all while keeping the peace and maintaining focus on DMT.

RayOfLight
#125 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:12:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard countless rants about 9/11 mostly by alex jones but I have heard information from other respectable scientists that forced me to the conclusion that the official story is total bullshit. I didn't wan't to believe all this stuff, I was forced to by what seems to be irrefutable evidence. If these CTs have a hope of ever being dis proven for me its going to be dis proven by a member of this forum.

Why ? because the members of this forum are in a completely different league intellectually than a bunch of idiots on some random conspiracy forum. Who better to address these things than us ?

I really want to hear what someone like snozzleberry thinks about 9/11 but sadly I cant even ask him about it... and thats what seems wrong to me, that I can't even talk about something or ask a simple question. This is travelers site though and if I have to suffer not being able to talk about it here its a small price to pay for everything else I DO get from this forum.

Traveler I commend you for doing what you think is right and sticking to it even if I don't agree with you and the only reason I'm commenting here again is because of the recent activity in this thread.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

۩
#126 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:16:00 AM

Quote:
I really want to hear what someone like snozzleberry thinks about 9/11 but sadly I cant even ask him about it...

PM him.

RayOfLight
#127 Posted : 7/26/2011 5:18:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't do that house, spamming peoples inbox with CT related messages is a bad idea and probably unwelcome, you can get some pretty rude replys. better to have people discuss it on their own terms.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

ms_manic_minxx
#128 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:01:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Realizing that the world is not as you were taught it was can definitely open the doors to some heavy questions, and heavy emotions.

The bottom line is, the DMT Nexus is about... DMT. If DMT helped expand one's paradigm that involves the questioning of reality, we can talk about it.

PERFECT EXAMPLE: I can talk about how I feel when I drink Ayahuasca, and the pain I feel when I reflect on and communicate with the Earth in the wake of so many environmental disasters. It's all part of trying to keep my heart open, and raise my vibration in a challenging world, live my life in a more congruent way with the Earth as I have felt psychedelics taught me to do. How many nights have I cried reading about Fukushima?

BUT... If I have questions about Stuxnet, or underground uranium enrichment facilities, I'll take them to the ATS forums. Pleased

So, I think context is important. It makes sense to discuss what happened and how it makes us feel, how it effects our lives, and how we are trying to grow, cope, change, and evolve, this is all part of how psychedelics work in the mind. But if we want to talk about who did it--George Bush in the bathroom with glowsticks, Rudolf Steiner on the roof with a machine gun? The details are just beyond the scope of the Nexus, and not relevant to DMT. We're not here to discuss the specifics, argue about controlled demolition or weird tracks in the sand. But I think it's totally relevant to talk about finally REALIZING the world is a bit strange, how it makes us feel and how to cope, on a larger and more holistic level.

...my inflated two cents. Razz
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

a1pha
#129 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:53:57 AM

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
BUT... If I have questions about Stuxnet, or underground uranium enrichment facilities, I'll take them to the ATS forums. Pleased

Both of these topics are backed heavily by facts. While not DMT related, a conversation on Stuxnet would be interesting. From a programming standpoint, there was clear nation-state support. I could cite countless profesional reports and statistics (not to mention code) if such a thread existed. I can't say the same for 9/11 CT.

ms_manic_minxx
#130 Posted : 7/26/2011 8:00:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesyes, BUT, they're still kind of beyond the purpose of this forum, IMHO... which is the distinction I was trying to make. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

a1pha
#131 Posted : 7/26/2011 8:16:46 AM

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Yesyes, BUT, they're still kind of beyond the purpose of this forum, IMHO... which is the distinction I was trying to make. Smile

Agreed. I'll send over some info later. The whole thing is pretty interesting.

endlessness
#132 Posted : 7/26/2011 11:13:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Most (all?) of us in this forum are aware that the governments lie to us in several ocasions ( "(some) drugs are bad" , anyone?). Not wanting to discuss things such as 9/11 is not about accepting the official story.

The problem with 9/11 and other CT topics, the way I see it, is:

1- Discussions are extremely muddled with "noise". While there may be reasonable arguments around, there are also thousands of unfounded accusations, misinterpretations, lies, paranoia-fueled rants, twisted facts to support flawed or exagerated arguments etc. And this is not like drug misinformation that we can easily separate truth from BS considering the scientific publications around and our big knowledge database.

2- There is nothing to be gained in pragmatic terms. All discussions go round and round and round, and dont lead to anything practical. It's not like we can save someone's lives through giving safety tips or help someone in their daily spiritual practices, or potentiate positive changes in their lives, or give feedback on how to solve the current problematic issues, or help developing new techniques or anything else that is so common in our other discussions.

3- Since there is no end point or pragmatic objective that can serve as a contrast in each moment of the discussion, people rarely change their opinions. More than in other topics where opinions can be easily contrasted with truth and facts, and where there is an objective, such CT discussions as we have seen here before they were banned, are composed of one-sided rants and people just reinforcing their own opinions, instead of listening and learning.

4- Also related to the two above points, discussions become very emotional and divisive. It is very very very hard (impossible so far at least) that people maintain a reasonable tone in these discussions. It very quickly pushes someone's wrong buttons, and in snowball fashion, it just keeps degenerating. Considering the lack of pragmatic benefits, this is a recipe for disaster, for going against the forum's attitude without anything to be gained from.

5- CT threads are mostly disempowering. They do not seem to lead people into a mindstate where people feel empowered, feel like they can make a difference, where personal life changes and outer struggles for improving the world are potentiated. Instead, it leads to a victimized world-view, where the evil ones in power dominate everything and there's nothing we can do (except argue about it in forums and preach about "the hidden Truth" that all must wake up to). This is the inverse of what this community is about, which is helping people become more responsible for their actions, realizing the consequences of what we do and how this affects us and those around, to give tools that people can use in their own personal and social development, to help us all into becoming the change we want to see in the world.

BTW ray, I am pretty sure snozz would never offend you if you sent him a polite pm asking him for an opinion on CT or anything else. At most, he would say he doesnt want to discuss it, giving you the reason why.

blacklist666
#133 Posted : 7/27/2011 5:43:19 PM

imagined clarity

It took me 5 years to finally find out what's going on in this world including what truth is, and isn't in relation to all conspiracy topics. In the end, it's just an opinion even if you or someone else is willing to die for it. Instead of spreading my findings via IRC, Forums, IM, Facebook, Etc, I started my own website, and would advise anyone else to do the same. If somebody else took over my website's message board, forum, or began to post comments to steal the attention away to another site, belief system, or cause I would treat it like any other type of advertiser. The people here are intelligent, and that may be an attraction to discuss issues of a social political significance which often involve real world conspiracies. I say PM one another and communicate via email. I say leave the content of this forum as a well organized record of wisdom for future generations. Not some littered cyberpunk cafe of the conspiracy minded inter-nerds with guns! =)

My opinion once someone finds validity in their assertions towards conspiracy that effects our daily lives is to take it to their neighbors, family, and friends because in the end they are who are their for you in a national crisis. This route makes it unnecessary to "Wake people up" using forums when researching conspiracy. You have to become a competent conspiracy researcher in your own right; not input from somebody else.

I certainly wouldn't want to come on here to get my daily news (daily news is conspiracy news anymore because everybody's out to @#$% someone) & neither would anyone else.

(See "DMT NEXUS" banner image above)

Keeping on topic, the place from within is from where we speak subjectively upon experiences, scientifically upon extractions, yet seldom upon hyperspace with a conspiratorial slant, and for a good reason.

Example:

"If human genetics were alien tweaked to include higher consciousness, does DMT allow us to contact other beings in that consciousness where the speed / vastness of thought is sped up several times? Would that speeding up allow group / hive minds? I saw UFO after taking DMT; has anybody else had a similar experience?"

http://www.ted.com/talks...ry_does_brain_magic.html

Should we leave an exemption for "conspiracy" discussion like this? Would this sort of thing be off subject by it's conspiratorial nature?
I= SWIM = Not Me. The I AM I Does Not Exist, and is Referenced to SWIM Who Is Not A Friend I Never Met, Nor Hallucinated While Imagining The Is-ness of Suchness That Is SWIM Who Is Not Me, Myself, Nor I As The Expression Of Non Dual Aspect of Non-Dual Reality Subjectively Denied By Swim, or accompanying Me-Anti-ness'es. =) All Credit Goes To The ANTI-SWIM'ness of SWIM's cousin's room-mate's uncle's deceased cat's in-law's second removed nephew's aunt WHOM authored SWIM's 2000 Year Old Desert Scribblings from a drunk rabbit in the Serengeti desert found in an insane asylum under water, on Easter eggs, crucified by the on fire pagan music listening christian maniac from India running around believing he was Jesus repenting this bush he called the Acacia tree; So I Heard from a bum who claims to be SWIM, But I Forgot... And Again, "I" Refers To Someone Who Is Not Me.

endlessness
#134 Posted : 7/27/2011 5:48:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sidefx
#135 Posted : 5/23/2012 1:14:34 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

I do agree, we have run in circles on our Earth far too long.

this is a place for Entheogens to bring us together
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

Pup Tentacle
#136 Posted : 5/23/2012 1:20:38 PM

lettuce

As easy as it is to setup an online forum, if one were interested enough in the subject, one could set one up regarding conspiracy theories, and then invite like-minded people. On that forum, banter about DMT would be disallowed. Ballance would be achieved. Smile

Blessings
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Gowpen
#137 Posted : 5/24/2012 9:57:48 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Hahahahahahaa.......

(CT's) Guess its just a consequence of people waking up.... BOO.... smell the bacon ummmmm

Onward........Thumbs up
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

a1pha
#138 Posted : 5/24/2012 9:29:48 PM

Bump. Seeing a ton of unfounded CTs in the forum lately.

polytrip
#139 Posted : 5/24/2012 10:02:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
RayOfLight wrote:
I've heard countless rants about 9/11 mostly by alex jones but I have heard information from other respectable scientists that forced me to the conclusion that the official story is total bullshit.

The official story is always total bullshit. But that doesn´t nessecarily indicate a conspiracy.
Any official story on big events like 911, will always have huge hiates and inconsistencies. Sometimes people, even the brightest minds, simply don´t know everything.
Witness acounts are ALWAYS inconsistent. sometimes, a failure needs to be covered-up. Sometimes, experts disagree and have to come up with a compromis...so then you get these endreports that always leave a lot of things open for speculation.

How hard is it to simply accept that you´ll never, ever have enough answers to be able to leave the terror of someting like 911 behind, and move on as if it never happened?

Pretty hard. I know.

When i get confronted with the unimaginable, i become withdrawn and start smoking marihuana all day. Others cling on to CT´s, focussing all of their energy on finding the culprit.

Both are psychological mechanisms to separate and distance yourself from where it hurts.
Both have no real value other than for the individuals using them.

daedaloops
#140 Posted : 5/24/2012 10:56:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:

When i get confronted with the unimaginable, i become withdrawn and start smoking marihuana all day. Others cling on to CT´s, focussing all of their energy on finding the culprit.

Both are psychological mechanisms to separate and distance yourself from where it hurts.
Both have no real value other than for the individuals using them.

That's funny I was just thinking a few days ago that CTs are like drugs. Like once you get into all that and the more you research these things, the more addictive it becomes. Any single CT "evidence" is worthless alone, but once you start to get deep and see the connections, and you get these realizations like "holy s***!", the euphoria of making these discoveries is very drug-like and you're hooked for life. It's not like you can just suddenly go back to being a normal citizen and believe everything you're told again. You just move on to harder and harder stuff..

And those discoveries and connections are not useful for anyone else except yourself. So it's like an addiction of chasing the ever-illusive holy grail of proof.

«PREV5678NEXT