We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long can I Save Basified Solution for J-Spice? Options

DMTerrestrial
#1 Posted : 12/9/2011 7:49:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM is completing their first DMT extraction tomorrow! SWIM's reading about Jungle Spice and is intrigued. My question is how long can SWIM save their basified solution? Will it ever go bad? Should SWIM keep it out of heat or light?

As of now SWIM doesn't have the solvents needed to get the J-Spice. Maybe in a week or two. I hope SWIM can save their solution until then.

Thanks fellow Terrestrials! Peace & Much Love!
I can think of nothing more important for the survival of our species and those we live with then for us all to have access to the psychedelic experience.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 12/9/2011 7:55:26 AM

Couple things:

It can be saved indefinitely as long as it's not in a HDPE#2 jug because they will leak. This has been reported numerous times. A couple weeks ought to be fine but a couple months is a different story.
If it's kept in glass you gotta be careful of it etching and shattering, so keep the glass in a container just in case this ever happens saving you The Purple Caustic Nightmare.

And there's really no need to SWIM ;] The funny thing about the use of SWIM is that people use it when they are paranoid and up to illegal activities as a way to potentially help themselves out in an incriminating situation- but there's never ever been an instance where SWIM has saved anybody ever. With the way SWIM is used nowadays and has been used the past few years, I really don't believe it embodies "Someone who isn't me" anymore. It seems to point more to "Someone, me, who is very paranoid." /end rant.

Oh, and have I ever told you how much I love your avatar? Very Hyperspatial.

3rdI
#3 Posted : 12/9/2011 10:17:34 AM

veni, vidi, spici

good morning DMTerrestrial, i hope you are well

i kept my first few mixs, in jars, for a month or 2 before pulling the jungle spice and it was all fine, i think yours will be ok untill you get your solvents. Maybe just have a check for mould or anything else that looks abnormal.

Following ۩'s tips is probably a good idea, my jars never broke but if i had known they might i would have stored them in a safer place.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Purges
#4 Posted : 12/9/2011 10:32:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So is the stuff I saved in HDPE jugs for a couple of months no good now? Was hoping to give it a couple of pulls with some Limonene...
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

3rdI
#5 Posted : 12/9/2011 11:12:06 AM

veni, vidi, spici

if it hasnt leaked then i would guess its fine, but i know nothing of the jug in question.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Purges
#6 Posted : 12/9/2011 11:59:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a standard hdpe2 milk jug...

3rdI
#7 Posted : 12/9/2011 12:11:21 PM

veni, vidi, spici

has it leaked?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Purges
#8 Posted : 12/9/2011 5:12:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nope, all ship shape, I'm gonna run some Limo through them soon, will let you know how it goes!

Madcap
#9 Posted : 12/9/2011 8:31:16 PM

illudium Q-36

Sir Ben of zyme stated something fairly recently about storing the basified purp juice could lead to more n-oxide. I guess that is ok since your going after it with limo.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

DMTerrestrial
#10 Posted : 12/10/2011 11:59:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Couple things:

It can be saved indefinitely as long as it's not in a HDPE#2 jug because they will leak. This has been reported numerous times. A couple weeks ought to be fine but a couple months is a different story. If it's kept in glass you gotta be careful of it etching and shattering, so keep the glass in a container just in case this ever happens saving you The Purple Caustic Nightmare

Oh, and have I ever told you how much I love your avatar? Very Hyperspatial.

۩, thank you very much for the great information. What type of material will not decompose, or should I just keep transfering it into new jugs every 3 weeks? Will my solution become contaminated w/ plastic over time?

Also thanks for the compliment on my avatar. I usually have an Alex Grey piece of art, but when I was selecting this felt just right in the moment.

3rdI wrote:
good morning DMTerrestrial, i hope you are well

i kept my first few mixs, in jars, for a month or 2 before pulling the jungle spice and it was all fine, i think yours will be ok untill you get your solvents. Maybe just have a check for mould or anything else that looks abnormal.

Following ۩'s tips is probably a good idea, my jars never broke but if i had known they might i would have stored them in a safer place.

Good call on checking for mold! Thank you 3rdI

Madcap wrote:
Sir Ben of zyme stated something fairly recently about storing the basified purp juice could lead to more n-oxide. I guess that is ok since your going after it with limo.

n-oxide, is that a psychoactive or something you don't want?

Thank you all, that has pointed me in the perfect direction! Peace & much love!

I can think of nothing more important for the survival of our species and those we live with then for us all to have access to the psychedelic experience.

Attention All Shipping
#11 Posted : 5/20/2012 3:35:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've saved basified MHRB juice for over a year - just added all old extraction juices together, let sit in the garage & forgot about them. I still managed to pull some form of jungle spice.
The longer they sit the more the base wears away at the MHRB soup and frees up other alkaloids, but its a different experience, probably for that reason - things being pulled that wouldn't've been there to be pulled in the 1st week & because of n-oxides forming.

I think too the longer you leave it the less likely you are to get solid useable jungle spice, as a few people have reported getting oils or waxy red/orange from old MHRB juice.

Some relevant threads:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12329
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=5025

PrimalWisdom
#12 Posted : 5/21/2012 1:26:54 PM

Everything the light touches

Longest I've kept some for was 3 months, it still pulled very potent yellow oily goo (xylene pulled), that made AMAZING changa. Gosh I do love my jim-jam.
I'm actually planning on leaving my current STB for a month or 2 to pull similar yellow goo with xylene. I'm no scientists, but I think the longer the bark is left to sit, the more goodies get broken down/released into the solution (I may be completely wrong, but I like the idea)

I'd say anything over 6 months might prove to pull weaker stuff (too miuch breaking down etc...) but again me no scientist, so I dunno. Most of my ideas come from too much daydreaming while stoned.

peace
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

SnozzleBerry
#13 Posted : 5/21/2012 2:52:30 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Purges wrote:
nope, all ship shape, I'm gonna run some Limo through them soon, will let you know how it goes!

You may want to FASA and then clean the fumarates with anhydrous acetone to clean up any plastic compounds that leeched into your basified mixture from the jug...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור