We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
some passiflora, mimosa, acacia acuminata and brachystachys. Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 5/20/2012 1:56:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

here are some pictures..

The first is passiflora caerula that I got a few weeks back..I grew this a few years ago as well and it took over a whole area completely and survived a the winters as well and kept real green..grows well here in canada at least on the west coast here in zone 8.

The next one is acacia acuminata, growing in a pot outdoors. This one is like 6-8 weeks old now..it is a slow growing tree apparently..and you can see that one green spot on the stem where the rest is purple..that is where I snapped it when moving it from a little peat pellot to where it is now..I also busted part of the tap root off..that was like 5 or 6 weeks ago and it has recovered well and grown about double the size since then so hopefully this one has survivor genes..I will be doing some more acuminata both outdoors for half the year and indoors all year to see how each differs..

The 3rd photo is of one of my mimosa hostilis trees that is outdoors for the summer..you can see how near the bottom it lost some leaf in the winter before it went outdoors..and you can also see some of the leaf yellowing..all my mimosa trees seem to have gotten burnt durring a hot spell we just had on some parts so I stuck them in a shadier spot and cut them back..this one was about double the size but the top got all burnt and I want them to bush out anyway so I cut them all back. I just started some more mimosa's as well and will be experimenting with different growing conditions.

The last 2 photos are of phalaris brachystachys I started a little while ago outdoors. As you can see some of the grass is stringy and yellow while there is newer grass comming up with nice and thick green leaf blades..I had this grass in full sun most of the day to start and it seems to have hated that..within 3 days of being in the for the afternoon it started to put out this new growth..so this grass apparently does not like full sun all day unless maybe it is filtered though a window or something.
jamie attached the following image(s):
DSC04876.JPG (2,658kb) downloaded 172 time(s).
DSC04879.JPG (2,442kb) downloaded 172 time(s).
DSC04877.JPG (2,332kb) downloaded 170 time(s).
DSC04880.JPG (2,603kb) downloaded 169 time(s).
DSC04881.JPG (2,514kb) downloaded 168 time(s).
Long live the unwoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 5/20/2012 11:16:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you can get mimosa to survive in bc?
i couldn't even get mine to germinate indoors up here in ak Sad

Thumbs up your garden looks to be developing nicely Thumbs up
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Vodsel
#3 Posted : 5/20/2012 11:47:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Nice pictures. What's with the dark red coloring in the mimosa upper stem? I haven't seen that in mine. Is yours normally like this?

Dan
#4 Posted : 5/20/2012 2:22:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vodsel wrote:
Nice pictures. What's with the dark red coloring in the mimosa upper stem? I haven't seen that in mine. Is yours normally like this?

The stem turns red before it goes hardwood. (brown)
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!

Vodsel
#5 Posted : 5/20/2012 2:43:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Dan wrote:
The stem turns red before it goes hardwood. (brown)

Thanks. So that's lignification. Maybe I'm not there yet, but the base of the stem in my largest mimosa (barely three feet now) is acquiring wood-like texture without going through that dark red stage. I'll keep an eye on it.

jamie
#6 Posted : 5/20/2012 4:03:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yes they tend to ged reddish as they turn more woody right before they get bark. I have some that have bark at the base now.
Long live the unwoke.