We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Fumarate > Freebase using Sodium BIcarbonate (woops?) Options

Thrift
#1 Posted : 5/18/2012 7:20:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was trying to convert my DMT fumarate salts back into freebase and absentmindedly used Sodium BIcarbonate instead converting it to Sodium Carbonate. It seems to have worked just fine though. It has that freebase smell again and is drying on a plate of glass as I write this.

But I am worried because everyone suggests that you use sodium carbonate instead of bicarbonate but nobody explained WHY you should use one over the other. That or I have looked over it several times. I am going to assume that carbonate is just a stronger base than the BIcarbonate? Or the BIcarbonate is harder to remove than the carbonate.

Any insight to how bad this might turn out and how I can save it would be very much appreciated.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/18/2012 7:22:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can you explain the steps you did? Is this a solution conversion or doing it lie a dry tek with some solvent pull?

At most you'll have some dmt still in salt form, so what you'll have to do is convert some bicarb to carb and add more base to get the rest of the dmt

Thrift
#3 Posted : 5/18/2012 7:36:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

-I used 1:1 for the amount of sodium bicarb.
-Added a few drops of water to make a paste.
-Mixed it thoroughly for awhile.
-Spread paste across a glass plate to dry

Few notes: Very fine bubbles were visible across the paste in the beginning while stirring. Paste has taken on the strong odor of freebase.

If I add sodium carbonate to make sure everything is based properly will I still have issues removing the bicarbonate?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 5/18/2012 7:40:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How are you planning to remove the DMT from the paste and excess sodium bicarb/carb and inactive salts formed from the conversion?

Thrift
#5 Posted : 5/18/2012 7:51:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
How are you planning to remove the DMT from the paste and excess sodium bicarb/carb and inactive salts formed from the conversion?

Acetone.

69Ron wrote:
1 - Mix DMT fumarate with 1 part calcium hydroxide (calcium carbonate should work as well).
2 - Add enough water to make it wet and mix. (Freebase the DMT again)
3 - Spread it out and let it dry completely.
4- Dissolve it in acetone and filter out the solids. (At this point only alkaloids like DMT should dissolve)
5- Evaporate the acetone to get nearly pure freebase DMT.

These are the steps I was working off of from the FASA Method Summary.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=2546

endlessness
#6 Posted : 5/18/2012 7:56:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah that sounds fine then, I would just add excess sodium carb and a bit of water, let dry completely again and pull with acetone.

Thrift
#7 Posted : 5/18/2012 7:59:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
yeah that sounds fine then, I would just add excess sodium carb and a bit of water, let dry completely again and pull with acetone.

Thanks for the reassurance. I was working with a fair amount so I started to sweat a little when I thought I could have messed up.