We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First Grow Log(B+ LC and PE PF style) Options

Godly
#21 Posted : 4/23/2012 8:12:28 PM

Dictating religion

Ha thanks for the heads up SozzleBerry!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Godly
#22 Posted : 5/2/2012 6:09:43 PM

Dictating religion

Update:
Things have escalated deiced to move things to a bulk scale. First jars are still colonizing but decided to slow their growth by lowering temps for a day for transition. Knocked up 18 PF style jars with B+ LC and knocked up another LC of PE.

Going to do monotubs like suggest by SnozzleBerry but just going to do casing of coir/verm/gypsum because coir has awesome contain resistance vermiculite for drainage and gypsum for boost in nutrients I believe.

Hey SnozzleBerry is lime necessary for the casing to balance the ph I'm guessing? Would it possible to do coir/verm/gypsum?

So far Im not quite sure what size tubs should be used going for large tubs that will be filled with polyfill after knocking up the casing. Any suggestions and or comments would help more updates will come soon!

Godly
#23 Posted : 5/15/2012 7:38:11 AM

Dictating religion

I had a question about anyone possibly using wild rye to gain more potentate mushrooms?

What would grow bigger fruiting bodies in a tray container or using the entire tub for their fruiting chamber? The tub would benefit more because more room for the myceliuem to grow compared to trays which would be smaller but more numerous?

SnozzleBerry
#24 Posted : 5/15/2012 1:28:39 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Hey man, sorry I never replied earlier, I didn't see your question Embarrased

Lime isn't, strictly speaking, necessary (especially with coir/verm). However, I usually make about 5% of the mix lime just to help stave off contams (as you said, it's for balancing pH and you can use gypsum just fine).

I don't know anything about using wild rye to grow more potent mushrooms. Afaik, potency mainly depends on genetics and the strain you are growing. Unless you isolate a strain on agar, any multispore syringe (or LC from a ms syringe) grown shrooms will potentially be somewhat variable from flush to flush (and even possibly shroom to shroom).More nutrients in a given substrate leads to more/larger shrooms rather than more potent shrooms.

I would advise starting in a tray container and then perhaps working up to a full tub. Personally, I have only grown in a large tube once and it was slightly unwieldy and while it produced nicely (until it contammed) it wasn't worth the hastle for me. I like 10 gallon tubs for monotubs and I prefer tubs from 2-5 gallons for placing inside of a humidity chamber that has 24/7 fae and 90%+ rh.

Up to about 4 inches, the greater your substrate depth, the larger your shrooms will be (assuming all of the environmental/substrate parameters are met). Iirc, after above 4 inches, you will start to encounter problems, but I can't remember what the issue's are. Again, I'd advise starting out in the smaller tubs/trays just to get a handle on what you'll be dealing with through a full growth cycle and then scale up...you'll be shocked by the yielding potential of even a "small" tub Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

PREV12