We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Do anyone notice differences in their dreams after using DMT? Options

Global
#1 Posted : 5/14/2012 11:49:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

My dreaming changed when I started smoking DMT as well. Dreams became more vivid and I would wind up with lots of dream within a dream within a dream kinda scenarios. I would wake up from one dream into another and each progressive dream would seem more real and believable than the last. I would "wake up", get out of bed, go look in the mirror and wave my hands around to see if it behaves like a mirror, and it would, and based on everything, I would consciously conclude I must have woken up this time, only to do so for real a couple minutes later. That's pretty cool Mary that you can revisit earlier dreams. I wish I could do that.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tony
#2 Posted : 5/14/2012 1:26:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep same here, DMT seems to have changed how I dream. Not so much my main dreams, I always had really intense dreams and can almost always remember them completely, but I now frequently have very vivid dreams at the stages just as I'm falling asleep or in the morning when I have only partly woken up. Quite often I dream with my eyes open, my whole room becoming part of the dream accompanied by sleep paralysis. This is a new thing for me and definitely started at the exact same time as I started smoking DMT.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

ecuadorianmush
#3 Posted : 5/14/2012 1:36:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

oh yes... i dream so lucid... like reality... but so absurt.. a lot of science fiction

Jörmungandr
#4 Posted : 5/29/2012 8:20:32 AM

Everything I say is purely hypothetical

tony wrote:
Yep same here, DMT seems to have changed how I dream. Not so much my main dreams, I always had really intense dreams and can almost always remember them completely, but I now frequently have very vivid dreams at the stages just as I'm falling asleep or in the morning when I have only partly woken up. Quite often I dream with my eyes open, my whole room becoming part of the dream accompanied by sleep paralysis. This is a new thing for me and definitely started at the exact same time as I started smoking DMT.

My experiences have been very similar to your own Tony. Dreams have become more intense, lucid and sleep paralysis has become a more frequent occurance. I recognise the onset of sleep paralysis now. I feel an intense buzzing vibrating sensation in my head as start to drift off. When I was much younger and experimented with psychedelics frequently I recall getting this feeling often but I always pulled myself out of it from fear.

Now that I'm older and having had a considerable hiatus from psychedelics (until a couple of years ago) I have learned to relax and accept the onset of sleep paralysis. The next step I'd like to investigate is letting go of the body during sleep paralysis and see where that takes me.
“My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists.”

— Nikola Tesla

Raz
#5 Posted : 5/29/2012 1:07:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

contrast makes us able to see

You can see that a "dream" is only a dream if you associate it with this "awake" reality.

I pray to the universe; give me the ability to see, what is real and what is make believe.

I dance with the thoughts that flux in my mind

I have seen enough to know I´m blind

This is as it should be, we are all fine

Still, I look forward to the day, where I can open my eyes and truly say, I see you, I feel you, I know you, we understand us, we are aspects of one and our connection is as clear as day.

At this point it might be make believe, or we are just blind from contrast and we cannot see, that a tree is not a tree, it´s just called a tree, just like you and me.

perhaps contrast makes us blind to one world and able to see another

Able to see and being blind at the same time; the paradox of being in universe of apparent finite time with a seed of eternaly aware mind.

Enough rambling from me, sorry for drifting off topic Razz

*throws a smoke bomb and disappears ninja style*
*I used to think I was thought, I was however, not in my right mind*

*This cluster is clearly in fuzzy bubblegum*

dragonnexus
#6 Posted : 6/1/2012 4:35:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah i have been having very vivid dreams also. i had a dream where it was a memory of a past event where i saw myself as a young kid it was then when i walk pasted a window i saw i was seeing this event through my late nans eyes and i could feel the emotions and thoughts she felt. it was a weird sensations.

when i am tired or run down i can start to fall into a dmt like state where i begin to see colors and faces and patterns and so on. i have also woken up in a complete dmt state unable to see anything.
It's not the feeling of the high when you're running round. It's the friends that you find when you're coming down

tango
#7 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:39:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Many SSRI have the same effect of making dreaming a lot more vivid.

Parshvik Chintan
#8 Posted : 6/2/2012 11:50:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Raz wrote:
I pray to the universe; give me the ability to see, what is real and what is make believe.

"silly monkey, don't you see? reality is make believe"
Smile
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Global
#9 Posted : 6/2/2012 1:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Short answer is yes, it most certainly affects my dreams in a multitude of ways.

Most recently, I literally just woke up from a dream in which I orally consumed 4-AcO-DMT. Now mind you, I've never taken this substance much less consciously been in the same room with it, but I took in the dream what I understood to be 4-AcO-DMT, and proceeded to have a relatively long DMT trip. I remember remarking at how much it was like DMT, and I didn't even have to smoke it Laughing

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

tele
#10 Posted : 6/2/2012 1:53:10 PM
Explorer

Before falling asleep I sometimes see DMT visuals, which is interesting as it could mean natural DMT states(or at least mild ones) are possible.

I have also seen some DMT like dreams, and one lucid dream with the sound of the "carrier wave" on the background.

But I don't think dreaming has much or at all to do with endogenous DMT

wowowow
#11 Posted : 6/3/2012 12:59:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had dreams since I started using DMT that I know I never would have had otherwise. One thing I've really noticed is how much more aware I am of sounds in my dreams!!!
“There is no exquisite beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.”

Infectedstyle
#12 Posted : 6/3/2012 5:38:38 AM
I compulsively post from time to time

Nop, i haven't noticed any change in my dreaming. But i haven't broken through with DMT either, maybe that's part of the reason why.

Uno
#13 Posted : 6/3/2012 7:48:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

uh yeah...I dreamed some fat woman was mowing my front porch (yes porch not lawn), and when I yelled at her she told me to f--k off. so yeah that's certainly different.Very happy

seriously though, my dreams have always been so random that it's kinda hard to tell if they are different than before.

Tripburger
#14 Posted : 6/3/2012 3:46:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally have noticed that my dreams are much more vivid, colorful, and I am more lucid in my dreams than before I started using dmt. And when I am falling asleep I will get mild dmt visuals. I can realize I am dreaming, which I was never able to do. Its hard to decide what to do after you realize your dreaming, so you usually drift back off into the dream. I would like to learn how to control the dream better once your able to tell when your dreaming..
Love everyone, Respect everyone, Live Happy! - TB

sidefx
#15 Posted : 6/3/2012 11:06:36 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

HAS ANY ONE HEARD THE SAYING I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS FACT;

THAT BEFORE COLOUR TELEVISION, PEOPLES DREAMS WERE IN BLACK AND WHITE?
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

۩
#16 Posted : 6/3/2012 11:13:43 PM

sidefx wrote:
HAS ANY ONE HEARD THE SAYING I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS FACT;

THAT BEFORE COLOUR TELEVISION, PEOPLES DREAMS WERE IN BLACK AND WHITE?

Was this a serious question?

Look at it like this, sensory data you gather throughout the day is going to get sent via impulse from the brain stem to the frontal lobe for dream mash ups.

Have you ever played a video game and then dreamed of being the character playing? It's the same thing. If you spend a lot of time looking at something, or doing something, chances are it will wind up in the dream state. People experience this all the time with their job. Working all day then going to bed and dreaming of working all night...that has got to suck.

So sure people probably had black and white dreams from sitting on their butts watching black and white television. With that said, it's not like everybody had black and white dreams. Before the black and white television, it was probably quite rare or possibly non existent in those who do not have color blindness or something similar.

scudge
#17 Posted : 6/3/2012 11:29:36 PM

ab intra

My dreams seem as if they're trying to convey more meaning, ideas, and advice. More vivid brighter colors, and lucid states also seem more common. Maybe now that I'm more aware of my triptymine friends. Also seems as if I can visit other people dreaming by exploring their dream domain. sneaking around.
Its in your head

DisEmboDied
#18 Posted : 6/4/2012 9:37:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I notice no difference, but I notice a tenfold difference after taking chamomile or especially melatonin...
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.