We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT from Acacia Confusa vs. Mimosa Hostilis Options

cidilon
#1 Posted : 5/10/2012 5:11:13 AM

serenity

I've been struggling in finding a lot of information in regard to Acacia Confusa.
From my personal research I've noticed that it appears to come on slower, almost allowing a longer time frame for vaporization. The entry into the hyper space appears to be more "peaceful" (perhaps that is not the right word)? DMT from MH comes on quick, strong and merciless, where as DMT from AC feels like one is simply flowing out of the body, rather than being destroyed (before being rearranged). I've also found the extraction to be messier - it took quite a lot of washing and recrystallizing before the desired crystalline white was achieved. With Mimosa on the other hand, everything was clean and simple. Anyone here with more knowledge about the Confusa? Personal input from someone with experience would be simply wonderful! Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 5/10/2012 6:52:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

in all honesty i am not experienced with acacia, but my guess is you have a fair amount of other alkaloids, iirc confusa has a pretty hefty amount of NMT, as well as some others (presumably) some of which may be active and less potent, or inactive, causing the dosage to be diluted?

just a guess..

if the dmt is pure it should be identical to pure dmt from any other source. the only change that can occur (to my knowledge) is a "contamination" of other substances.

but i am no expert by any means.

also here is the acacia analysis endlessness did (scroll past acuminata)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

nen888
#3 Posted : 5/10/2012 8:07:35 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..A. confusa is around 50/50 DMT/NMT (stem and root bark)
NMT, while less active, can contribute to the experience, much as you've described..in larger doses the NMT adds extra depth..see entheogenic effects of NMT..NMT has difficulty crystalizing..

cidilon
#4 Posted : 5/11/2012 8:30:20 AM

serenity

Thank you for the responses!
Yes pure DMT should act the same, regardless the source.
The NMT "contamination" must be the one to blame for the interesting variation of the effects! I've got to say that i quite enjoy it.

sidefx
#5 Posted : 5/11/2012 9:08:16 AM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

From a science point of view, 100% pure DMT, will all be exactly the same, no matter the source.

Who really knows if something from the plant is imprinted and passed onto the DMT molecule even when 100% pure?

But not even the DMT used in the 'spirit molecule' Doco. was 100%.

So DMT less than 100% would still have unique properties from the source plant.
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

cidilon
#6 Posted : 5/11/2012 9:23:21 PM

serenity

sidefx, good point in regard to purity! Unless ultra-pure, some additional characteristics will be carried over - therefore making for a slightly different experience depending on the source! Such a fascinating subject!

endlessness
#7 Posted : 5/11/2012 9:32:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats theory though... Unless you do a blind (or double blind) test, you have no way to know if small amount of impurities actually make a difference in effects.

Its reasonable to suspect that 50% of some other alkaloid would make a significant difference, but if its 3, or 1, or 0.1%? Who knows... I guess depends on amount, what other alkaloid/s, and personal sensitivity too.

Remember DMT experience itself can be VERY variable even with same batch, so it might be hard to notice small alkaloid differences.

Its an interesting subject indeed Smile

cidilon
#8 Posted : 5/12/2012 9:45:58 PM

serenity

That's true it is rather hard to tell what additional or different effects manifest with the addition of rather small amount of impurities. It is most likely like you said, a large percentage of impurities will definetly pull the experience with additional flavours. As for the small percentage, it is all up to the additional alkaloids present (their strangth) and personal tolerance. A double blind test would be wonderful, funny thing is that i've been reading the thread dedicated to exactly that. Thank you all for such wonderful and quick responses, may your day bring you nothing but pleasure!

nen888
#9 Posted : 5/12/2012 9:56:11 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i should mention that the % of nmt to dmt in confusa seems to vary a bit..
i'm prepared to believe a 2-5% extra-alkaloid content could slightly modify the experience, if the extra alkaloid has some activity..hope the experiments happen one day..

BecometheOther
#10 Posted : 6/15/2013 8:01:30 PM

metamorhpasizer

This is an interesting subject to me as well..

I ask this as an honest question what reason is there to believe that dmt chrystals (pure) from different sources would lead to the same experience?

Then in theory pure spice from mimosa would be the same as pure synthesized spice, and i just somehow doubt that is the case but im open to an explanation for why the experience should be the same.

forgive me if i sound scientifically ignorant. Perhaps when anylized by science dmt from different sources may appear to be the same, but how can it be known there are not differences they cannot detect?
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

joshisom
#11 Posted : 6/18/2013 12:44:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i love confusa at first i only managed to get goo but that was my first time extracting now i get slightly off white DMT that seems to be pretty damn pure 30-40 mg bows my mind all over the place. the goo however seems to have a totally different spirit than the crystals and much more visual 2 it almost seems as if the goo wich probly contains NMT+DMT is more potent. i have read NMT has a hard time crystalizing so i figure the crystals contain little to no NMT. my yields of xtals so far have been at least 12 grams b4 rx from 500 grams ACRB and 9 after reX

Fear
#12 Posted : 6/18/2013 11:34:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This might be a helpful guide for those looking to extract from AC:
http://www.psychonaut.co...t-easy-low-cost-way.html
Everything said by this profile is fictional and not to be taken as fact.

Elijah Phoenix
#13 Posted : 11/20/2014 11:16:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to bump this thread as I have currently been contemplating the difference. Although my experience with both is limited. My shaman brother says the acacia acetate was the smoothest sacrament he's ever had with limited body load. I agree with this as it was not intensive as sacrament we've had in the past from mimosa. I do believe that isolated pure sacrament from organic and synthetic origins will have a difference that we may not be able to yet define by scientific method. I believe there may be a organic impression, signature, that we don't see or yet understand that is capable of producing different effects even if very subtle.

The current differences experienced are probably different medicine spectrums. I must say that acacia is very friendly, and full spectrum as an acetate is delightful.

Had to share my thoughts on this, sure wish mimosa was still popular as I would love to work with this sacrament too and also tye-dye some shirts from the different plants. Acacia red, Mimosa purple, you get the idea.

locojuiceman
#14 Posted : 11/3/2016 1:10:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

N my experiences , both mimosa and confusa can you get you where you want to go, while mimosa blast you there right away, halfway through second hit, youre looking for someone to take the pipe because by the third puff, the elves are taking the pipe from you, sitting you down to shows
You something crazy..
Acacia confusa can be like that but a good vaporizer is needed to get ample enough dmt in the hit... the nmt comes in on after the dmt hits ya and adds a bliss to it with a lovely body high too, reminds me of how shrooms can be when everthing is a blur of technicolor for the next ten minutes but the closed eyed visuals are insanely intricate..
Mimosa it can just snatch you away in two good hits and ten minutes later you're comin too wondering if all that really just happened
I find they're both great for diffent occasions, settings, mood lifts
Acacia being the gentlest for casual puff n pass sessions
Mimosa for those who want to truly "see" ( vaporizer will do it right ) !!
Everything I say here happened in My own Imagination. The more fantastic it sounds, the more you can count on it being in the realm of Dreams,

Superdog
#15 Posted : 9/3/2019 10:50:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As some might experience the AC is much darker in the aqua/basic state resembling ink than with MH. The AC crystals are quick to form but it takes further separation to get a good concentrated solution. water washes and slow heat changes facilitate there formation. there is a bit of residue that forms a darker waxy even oily deposits when evaporated this should be discarded. The effects of the AC crystals is what I would call mild compared to MH spice. the waiting room is tame and all most disappointing with low dosages. Higher dosages provide a smooth transition between worlds and a peaceful space once there. The experience is less profound and better suited to first-timers or people that have disturbing encounters with MH spice. If you are in love with the intensity and profound realization associated with the experience then MH is the way to go. If you're new to the psychedelic experience or have had bad trips with spice before AC spice might be a better choice.

I've been all around this whole damn world and I just got back today.
In all things love is the answer.

twitchy
#16 Posted : 9/4/2019 6:55:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my most interesting experiences was with an orally administrated blend of Psychotria and Acacia maidenii twigs and phyllodes, there was only slight nausea and the CEV's were entirely other-worldly. It was heavy on the acacia with only a small amount of viridis, so I'm pretty sure most of the effects were attributable to the acacia. I'm terrible with recipes and unfortunately didn't note exact amounts but I would just about prefer an acacia maidenii to any other blend I've tried so far. Gentle and profound. I've not tried confusa, is it of a similar composition to maidenii?
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.