We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Health effects of Cannabinoids Options

۩
#1 Posted : 5/7/2012 6:05:26 PM

I have been on a quest lately to further understand the components that make up specific strains that I have found to be medicinal. Others and myself should use this thread for hoarding such data.

For example: GDP is potent and has a high degree of THC, CBD, CBN, CBT and CBC.
Source and the cannabinoid page.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 5/7/2012 6:42:39 PM

http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/307/2/173.short
20 year study on 5000+ cannabis smokers

Quote:
Conclusion: Occasional and low cumulative marijuana use was not associated with adverse effects on pulmonary function.

Seldom
#3 Posted : 5/8/2012 5:15:13 AM

Wiradjuri

very interesting, thanks for posting

in a biopsych unit i'm doing we're looking at the effect of cannabinoids on hippocampal neurogenisis http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....pmc/articles/PMC1253627/

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 5/8/2012 1:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great stuff thanks for posting, also really interested in the medicinal potential of ganja.

Purges
#5 Posted : 5/8/2012 1:22:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, the message is: SMOALK MOAR WEED! Big grin
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Pandora
#6 Posted : 5/8/2012 3:33:53 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Neat chart House. Here's a testimonial:

Currently CBD is allowing me to NOT dose any Vicodin for pain. I'm not smoking much currently. Before my little problem reared its head I was smoking a lot daily. Now I'm doing oral tinctures and tears with high CBD content.

Also, there is a second drug that CBD has allowed me to nearly eliminate (LOL) thus far and that is huge frakking doses of Bentyl (with doc suggesting I work up to doubling this dose which would be 16 pills a day - addictive too). Bentyl reduces intestinal motility. Awesome that the chart has an entry for that. My personal suspicion that CBD works even better than Bentyl.

Also, if I must stop suddenly, I'd much rather suck up cannabis withdrawl symptoms than the beginning of the list for Bentyl: dizziness, sweating & vomiting. Last time I withdrew from cannabinoids I had trouble sleeping, I didn't eat much, I withdrew socially and read about 2x as much as I normally do. Frankly that doesn't sound too bad compared to opening with physical withdrawls. I've done the formal physical withdrawl thing. Effective yet ugly.

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU