We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Nutmeg Options

Dwhitty76
#41 Posted : 1/30/2009 10:24:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread is funny!!

I actually ate nutmeg when i was in highschool. My parents had grounded me and i was bored so i thought i'd give it a try.

First i tried eating the powder w/ water behind it (i really dont recommend this) and couldnt make it so i puked because of the taste.

My dad was really into vitamins and other herbs Wink, so he had gel tabs in the house, so i just started filling the gel tabs w/ nutmeg.

I wish i could tell you how much i took but there were definately psychoactive effects but not real intense (i'm sure if i ate more it would have been more intense.

I saw checkerboard patterns all over the place and everything seemed surreal. The whole thing lasted over 24hrs.

I believe you really have to injest quite a bit in order for any "trippy" effects and i would imagine that not everybody's stomaches could handle it.

I never tried smoking dried bannana peals.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

40oztofreedom
#42 Posted : 1/31/2009 3:02:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha. Yeah, I remember trying it a few different times, with different copiuous amounts of the powdered stuff you would buy from the grocery store.

First time I ate a whole 30 gram container and drank it with milk behind it. The taste wasn't bad at all. I just thought the texture was unbearable because it was so... SO dry.

I was sad because I ate a whole container and nothing happened for a few hours. I started to believe it wasn't going to work, so I went to bed for the night. I got up to pee a few hours after, and as I woke up I clearly remember just feeling like I was levitating. It wasn't a visual illusion or anything, it was just this sensation as if gravity had been turned off.

I definantly remember sleeping very well for the next few days after, and having the most unimaginably dry eyes, and severe cottonmouth for a long long duration.

Oh boy I miss those days.Smile
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

VisualDistortion
#43 Posted : 1/31/2009 4:03:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried to do it once when I was thirteen. I just couldn't get past the texture or the taste. I don't even remember how I heard about it, probably the internet. I was the only kid in my age group into trying to get fucked up. Sad really when I look back upon it now.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Phlux-
#44 Posted : 1/31/2009 8:22:56 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

69Ron

im not sure if cooking destroys toxins but they seem to stay in the water - only the butter is consumed.
The solids were not strained out - they sank and the butter forms on top so no need to filter.
I brought it to a rolling boil then i simmered it on as hot as possible while still simmering adding water when neccicary - no need to reduce but using a smaller diameter pot helps for butter collection.
?Not sure about the stimulation last time i had it was a good while ago and as with most experiences a lot of it is not remembered but there deffinately was a stimulating effect - to sum it up it was like good potent cannabis muffins mixed with a stimulant like catha edulis and slight hallucinations and effects like macroscopia etc.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

soulfood
#45 Posted : 1/31/2009 1:13:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Trips wrote:
Lmao. Ewwwww. I haven't eaten nutmeg in probably 8 years, but the smell of it or even the thought of it can still make me retch. Seriously. You have no idea what "conditioned gag reflex" means until you've done the nutmeg thing.

In my experience, the "journeys" go something like this:

10 pm, eat nutmeg
3 am, get sick of waiting for something to happen so go to sleep
7 am, wake up puking with such an intensity that it rivals the strongest cactus purge, yet it tastes VIOLENTLY of nutmeg, which in turn makes you puke more, which tastes more like nutmeg, which makes you puke more, which tastes like nutmeg, which reminds you you bad the nutmeg tasted the night before, which makes you puke more, which tastes like nutemeg, which makes you puke more, which coats your nose in pukey nutmeg, which makes you puke more.

Its like getting caught in a loop on most drugs, except its horribly real.

Then, you realize you have no coordination, everything is blurry as hell, and your body is buzzing like MAD. Which... makes you puke.

Haha, Nutmeg is for 13 year olds with no access to dope, In my opinion.

OMG it's just like that. I had no nausea but I did get bored waiting, went to sleep and woke up some hours later feeling like death and couldn't see anything for a very bright spiralling white light which is too much to deal with so you immediately pass out and wake up 5 hours later feeling a very dirty kind of stoned.

I don't know why but I did it again... then never again.

The after effects felt similar to that of Iboga, where boredom doesnt exist as just sitting listening to the ringing in your ears is enough to keep you content.

69ron
#46 Posted : 2/2/2009 7:29:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Look at this interesting bit of info from another forum
Quote:
the san pedro plant seems about the most perfect balance of constituents that I could imagine, taking different herbs in conjunction is a good way to try and augment experience though.
one of the best herbs I have used along with different cacti is NUTMEG, a very good synergistic spice for sure.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#47 Posted : 2/2/2009 8:07:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen sites say nutmeg is an MAOI and others say its not.

I wonder what sort of potentiation there is. I could not find another report of nutmeg potentiating the effects of cactus. The active chemicals in nutmeg are a little similar to mescaline so the potentiation might be caused by synergistic action rather than MAOI action.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

shoe
#48 Posted : 2/3/2009 8:19:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maoi or not, its still entirely unpleasant...
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

69ron
#49 Posted : 2/3/2009 8:51:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Didn't you read my posts! Some people find it very pleasant. You might not, but that doesn't apply to everyone. The guy who uses it with cactus likes it.

shoe
#50 Posted : 2/3/2009 10:00:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oh sorry, just being close-minded; its just that it was sooo aweful, I can't beleive that anyone would want to do it. But as you said, that guy does!
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

69ron
#51 Posted : 2/3/2009 10:44:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're definitely in the majority. Most people don't like it.

I’ve heard people who enjoyed it say it’s similar to a long oral marihuana trip. But most people just get a bunch of unpleasant side effects from it.

Like you said, you can’t imagine anyone liking it. But maybe their nutmeg is not the same as the nutmeg most people get. Maybe some nutmeg is actually pleasant and most others are just very toxic?

It’s mysterious to me how something so many people hate is actually pleasant for a small minority of the users.

I got no effects from it at all so I can’t comment personally. I didn’t even get an upset stomach, and I ate 2 tablespoons of it.

Jorkest
#52 Posted : 2/3/2009 3:44:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i have had a handful of 'ok' experiences with it...it was awful by any means...even fun...haha i think i did it on a class science trip..a friend and i ate some before we went the the science museum..and it took about an hour or so to kick in..and then when it did..it felt like we had just smoked or eaten a bunch of weed..it was rather funny...extremely red eyes...cotton mouth..everything...its just so nasty eating table spoons of the stuff...

this was from a freshly ground nutmeg nut too...
it's a sound

69ron
#53 Posted : 2/3/2009 3:47:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So every bit was eaten? A tea wasn't made and the solids strained out?

Do you recall the dosage used?

Jorkest
#54 Posted : 2/3/2009 3:55:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

yeah..i just ground up the nuts...and ate it...im thinking it was like a tablespoon..maybe two..cant really remember though..it was less than i have taken other times..but it was also freshly ground..which i hear is way way more potent...also i ate some preground stuff..and it wasnt much at all
it's a sound

Phlux-
#55 Posted : 2/4/2009 8:45:13 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

iv chewed up nuts before and it sux balls everytime for me. the tea seems to be much better and one could gelcap the butter to avoid the taste - just watch out for spicy burps.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

downwardsfromzero
#56 Posted : 1/19/2020 9:32:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
[...]

Myristicin is a mild MAOI. That’s interesting. I wonder, can it be used to activate DMT orally?

Ancient thread, I know, but I wonder if anyone ever tried this? Surely we would have heard about that, wouldn't we?

If anyone is thinking of trying this, remember nutmeg is very long-lasting and potentially quite unpleasant as well as highly disorientating in some instances. Please research very carefully before deciding to ingest a psychoactive dose of a nutmeg preparation. For Dog's sake, and by the Holy Cosmic Rabbit, don't just chug a load of nutmeg powder!!!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#57 Posted : 7/27/2020 4:18:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Just dumping this video here:

Highly relevant, be warned if you're sensitive/squeamish!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Aeroman
#58 Posted : 1/25/2021 3:18:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried some nutmeg tea this weekend, the same recipe mentioned in Erowid's vault.
https://erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg_info2.shtml

I took it on Saturday evening, I didn't feel any buzz or anything until I woke up on Sunday morning, as described, I felt high in a cannabis edibles kind of way. The effect lasted all day making me pretty lethargic and today (Monday) I'm feeling like I have a mild hangover, mild nausea.

I wasn't expecting it to be so strong and long lasting. Not sure if I want to take it again in the same form.

downwardsfromzero
#59 Posted : 1/26/2021 1:48:37 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yes, nutmeg can be tricky like that. It's highly lipophilic so it stays in the system for a long time. Then there's the matter of metabolic activation - what you eat can affect the way nutmeg works.

But which of the three recipes in the link did you actually use? I've always made a nutmeg tincture using 80% vol. alcohol which makes it easier to administer a smaller dose. The effects for me were then mostly mood elevation and a little sensory enhancement. This could take several hours to manifest when taken in a cup of coffee with full fat milk, but sometimes as little as 1 hour.

There are some well-written experience reports on erowid; one of them makes it clear how certain effects (particularly shared hallucinations) of higher doses of nutmeg are optimised by taking it as part of a group. Obviously you can't have a shared hallucination if no-one else is there!

Here is the obligatory link to all the nutmeg-related links, which I notice I haven't included in this thread yet:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=876594#post876594

and some more info.

Aeroman
#60 Posted : 1/26/2021 11:16:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Yes, nutmeg can be tricky like that. It's highly lipophilic so it stays in the system for a long time. Then there's the matter of metabolic activation - what you eat can affect the way nutmeg works.

But which of the three recipes in the link did you actually use? I've always made a nutmeg tincture using 80% vol. alcohol which makes it easier to administer a smaller dose. The effects for me were then mostly mood elevation and a little sensory enhancement. This could take several hours to manifest when taken in a cup of coffee with full fat milk, but sometimes as little as 1 hour.

I tried the first recipe with water and honey. Tincture sounds like a better idea, I'll try it that way some time in the future.
I'm still feeling the nutmeg effects 72 hours later, amazing.

PREV1234NEXT