We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
LSD vs DMT Options

dwelz
#1 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:13:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,
So tomorrow i'm going out for my first try of LSD.
Has anyone here tried LSD, & Is is comparable to DMT?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

3rdI
#2 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:18:56 PM

veni, vidi, spici

DMT would win in the first round, by way of a knockout.Smile
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

curiousdream
#3 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:26:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To me it depends on dosages, set/setting, ect.
Lsd is an adventure all its own, and its amazing.
enjoy it and safe travels Big grin

Pup Tentacle
#4 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:33:57 PM

lettuce

LSD lasts A LOT longer.... be prepared for that... it's a definite good ride.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Purges
#5 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:36:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Both are great, but I find it hard to draw a comparison. LSD is a marathon and DMT is a sprint... With elves Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

didier12
#6 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:39:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I prefer LSD though DMT certainly is stronger.
I love to chill in nature for a day on LSD listening to some sweet albums with friends and good vibes nothing beats it.
I find DMT is a bit too intense if you have a proper breakthrough trip. LSD is my favourite drug of all and I tend to get more insights than with DMT, DMT can provide one intense insight though.

dwelz
#7 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:46:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh so you get more insight via LSD?
I heard DMT is the mind opener.

Should I go to a nice clean forest somewhere with a mate?
Or should I maybe stay inside.

Purges
#8 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:53:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ideally a nice house in the country (ie nice and private) with access to nice gardens or woods is the way to go, that way you have the best of both worlds Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

dwelz
#9 Posted : 5/4/2012 2:03:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have much control of where you go & what you do on lsd?
Because I don't want to be there in a forest with a mate, forgetting i'm with someone while he goes off to have a smoke, or something, then he comes back & i'm gone haha

Global
#10 Posted : 5/4/2012 2:20:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

dwelz wrote:

If it's a nice, warm, sunny day, then go outside. If not, staying indoors can be fun too. The thing with acid though is that (unlike with DMT) I get a lot of pent up energy and I can get pretty restless if I don't have a change in scenery. With DMT (even long-acting DMT with the help of MAOIs) I usually perceive little desire to (get up and) move or change environments. Also one of the big benefits of being inside is that you can listen to music.

In terms of differences between the two, the list (from my perspective) can be quite large. LSD has a specifically profound impact on my thought process. Specifically I've noticed, it seems to cause my thoughts to split at every turn so that practically every utterance takes on a variety of (often humorous) meanings. DMT on the other hand is more likely (for me) to cause a rapid-fire of thoughts originating from god knows where.

I've noticed that my LSD visuals are usually extremely symmetrical. Kinda similar to those old psychedelic video shot style where the image is fractured into 4 symmetrical converging/diverging quadrants. There appears to be a defined, regular and symmetrical grid upon which all other visuals are imposed. Even when looking at textures like snow, dirt, cement, etc...where the granules appear to be arranged into fractal clumps, even these open-eyed clusters seem to fall on the grid (often invisible in itself, but easily inferred if one knows what to look for). While I have seen grids of various sorts on DMT, the strict sense of symmetry does not appear to be conserved. With DMT, various scenes and idiosyncratic visuals seem to be much more the norm. There is a strong sense of interdimensionality and holography.

The bodily sensations also strike me as pretty different. LSD body load can be rather uncomfortable for me a lot of the time and can sometimes be the source of anxiety. DMT on the other hand is often physically euphoric or you may lose bodily awareness (also pleasant). When I take LSD, I usually like to smoke DMT towards the peak of it. The DMT lasts just a short as it usually does, and for those 5-10 minutes while it's in action, all that negative body load from the acid just fades away while all visuals become more vivid, colorful, organized and meaningful. As the DMT starts to fade, the acid body load creeps back in, the DMT visuals fade and I'm usually back to wherever it was I left off right before smoking the DMT. I can't recommend combining these two enough though. It seems to be surprisingly more manageable for most than either of the two taken separately, and has facilitated some of the most angelic, celestial, heavenly experiences I've ever had.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Global
#11 Posted : 5/4/2012 2:22:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

dwelz wrote:
Do you have much control of where you go & what you do on lsd?
Because I don't want to be there in a forest with a mate, forgetting i'm with someone while he goes off to have a smoke, or something, then he comes back & i'm gone haha

Yes. You should be in control. I used to drop some tabs, and go out and none of my friends would even know I was tripping for hours unless I finally told them. You should be fine.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

didier12
#12 Posted : 5/4/2012 2:25:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dwelz wrote:

On LSD I get insight in to all sorts of things like music, people's ineractions etc.

On DMT I never really got any insights, until I finally broke through and had a realisation I wish I never had.

I like to go to forests but be in a field like next to the trees to have like an open feeling but still getting the view of nature and the animals and insects. Having said that I remember having a trip with a friend just sat on a bench in the middle of a forest and we could hear every animal calling and rustle around like 360 super senses kinda tuned in to a previous state of conciousness that life has in nature, it was pretty cool, just make sure you dont go wandering off alone unless it's to piss.

dwelz
#13 Posted : 5/4/2012 2:27:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Global, I'm only taking one tab, for my first time this should be fine?

didier12
#14 Posted : 5/4/2012 2:30:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dwelz wrote:
Thanks Global, I'm only taking one tab, for my first time this should be fine?

These days tabs are a bit weaker, I'd say 1 tab is a good starting dose you get good effects without chance of being overwhelmed with mindfuck.

Global
#15 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:04:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For your first time 1 tab should probably work out fine. For a lot of people I know, many will only get the feelings of acid with little of the visuals from one tab. It would be a shame to have such a long trip without much to look at if you know what I mean. My first time I took a tab and a half and it turned out great.

DeMaTron
#16 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:09:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nature is great man, wouldnt wanna be trippin in my house, i've done it but It never feels quite... natural! haha, its better to be out with life instead of inside walls.

dwelz
#17 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:12:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks DeM & Global!
I'll deffo go outside for this then haha. I know this sick place with a waterfall, maybe that would be really mesmerizing.

DeMaTron
#18 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:19:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, it will be mesmerizing. The falls can show you some very interesting connections between perception, life, and the nature of the universe.

Keep a spirit of adventure and discovery about you! New depths and aspects will be available in every grain of reality.

Just be prepared to not be self-conscious if people show up, hopefully the falls are kinda remote. I always find that if theyre are random people, ill be worried about them thinking im crazy while tripping haha, and i shouldn't. Its good to be with another who is tripping, as well as to not worry about it!

I wish you good travels on your path of light ;] May nature keep your heart captive and your vibes pure!

peace

WarriorPriest
#19 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To me LSD=feeling more than human. DMT=Completely not human at all anymore.

I've had extremely profound experiences on LSD. It always felt like I was somehow enhanced for a time...able to see things as they really are, able to feel the connections I have with everything around me, animate or otherwise. Acid is great for breaking down internal barriers also. Here's an example:

Quite a few of my longtime friends are great dancers. Break, popping, house dancing, etc. I always wanted to learn how, but had NO rhythm, no groove, was too self conscious, etc. One night during the peak of an acid trip, I got the urge to try again. Put on some good tunes...I got the feeling that I was diving into myself, breaking down all these walls that I had built around the core of me.

I felt this surge of energy course through my whole body, and just started laughing...a gentle, self-deprecating laughter. The breakbeats dropped, and BOOM, I was MOVING with the music. This was 12 years ago, and I now dance every day, and am now considered to be the most accomplished dancer of our group.

The trip had showed me how to get out of my own way, and allow the pure joy of movement to manifest itself through me, and through the music.

DMT is entirely different for me. It's a feeling of leaving all that's human behind and becoming something...else. A being of pure energy, a single point of awareness experiencing the day to day life of another dimension. In terms of intensity, it's hard to compare. A spice journey is so fast and the come-up so rapid that it seems like a lifetime crammed into 15 minutes. The time dilation is really compressed.

Both extremely profound, life-changing and useful.

My only advice to you would be to make sure you're around people who you trust. Also, start slow in terms of dose. Nowadays it's tough to know what exactly is on your tabs in what quantities.

Safe Journeys my friend. Come back to tell us how it went, would you?

WP
Everything written by this poster is 100% fiction

“Poems are rough notations for the music we are.”
― Rumi

dwelz
#20 Posted : 5/4/2012 4:05:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WP, Yep I'll surely come back & give some words on how my trip went.

123NEXT»