We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Nutmeg Options

polytrip
#21 Posted : 1/27/2009 5:58:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Oh, i'm sorry. I meant MMDA. I must say that i haven't tried this myself. That myristicin can relatively easily be converted to MMDA is a fact and in PIKHAL shulgin describes a procedure how to do it, a little more complex then the method i mentioned. However, he also decribes how myristicin is converted in the liver into MMDA by adding an ammonia molecule and when i asked some chemist about this, he told me that simply boiling it with ammonia in a pressurecooker would do the trick as well. So; myristicin can easily be converted into MMDA, that's for sure. But this 'super-easy-tek' i have not tried myslef, so i cannot vouch for it. But anyway; everybody can make MMDA out of myristicin. The method that with 100% certainty will work is described in PIKHAL.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#22 Posted : 1/27/2009 7:09:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

myristicin may be neurotoxic.

http://www.sciencedirect...e684c4bed65596a0d3e23e01

I haven't read that paper so i can't say how good it is but higher doses of this compound is probably not a good idea.

Also shulgins idea that myristicin gets converted to a phenethylamine metabolite in the liver has never been verified in humans (as far as i know).

chemical synthesis of the compound is another story.

acolon_5
#23 Posted : 1/27/2009 8:49:42 PM

The Great Namah

As interesting as making MMDA is (to me at least being supposedly more potent that MDMA) this forum is not the place to discuss even semi-synths of chemicals. Please keep the topic to nutmeg experiences and extractions.

Thank you.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

40oztofreedom
#24 Posted : 1/27/2009 8:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha, this thread brings back memories of elementary school!
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

Jorkest
#25 Posted : 1/28/2009 3:25:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

acolon_5 wrote:
As interesting as making MMDA is (to me at least being supposedly more potent that MDMA) this forum is not the place to discuss even semi-synths of chemicals. Please keep the topic to nutmeg experiences and extractions.

Thank you.

sorry dude..just curious
it's a sound

shoe
#26 Posted : 1/29/2009 10:35:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vodzy wrote:
Just DON'T DO IT unless you have an iron stomach.

Also you'll want a day to recover, and you'll feel nauseated whenever you have mearly a wiff of this spice in the future.

I have to throw my 2 pence in. I tried to get high from nutmeg when I was about 14 and I actually couldn't get my hands on anything else. I went home recently and found the remaining nuts, still there, after all this time.

Let me just say, that 1) It is HORRIBLE. 2) Its HORRIBLE. 3) ITS HORRIBLE!!!!

Don't even bother. There is a reason that they're used for flavouring and nothing else!
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#27 Posted : 1/29/2009 10:40:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

btw, Jorkest. I actually LOLLED when I read that you didn't know what an autoclave is! You're so knowledgeable about PEA/MMDA... Harmaline etc etc etc, but you've never encountered an autoclave?! LOL!

Mental gap much?
shoe

The Traveler
#28 Posted : 1/30/2009 7:20:31 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

shoe wrote:
btw, Jorkest. I actually LOLLED when I read that you didn't know what an autoclave is! You're so knowledgeable about PEA/MMDA... Harmaline etc etc etc, but you've never encountered an autoclave?! LOL!

Mental gap much?

LOL, first thing I thought when I read that was like: "why would you encrypt nutmeg with ammonia?"
At least Jorkest admits not knowing the word, I just search Google.

shoe
#29 Posted : 1/30/2009 7:32:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I encrypt nutmeg all the time. To keep it from falling into the wrong hands... Pleased
shoe

69ron
#30 Posted : 1/30/2009 7:36:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All this talk about nutmeg is making me want some egg nog. Mmmmm. I love that spicy egg nog with lots of nutmeg.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

shoe
#31 Posted : 1/30/2009 7:41:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Egg nog is something that has aaalways seemed delicious to me, but i've never tried it. Creamy, eggy and tinted with spices, I assume? i'll need to get some Very happy
shoe

69ron
#32 Posted : 1/30/2009 7:42:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh how I LOVE EGG NOG!!!!

So the active compound in nutmeg is myristicin. Is it this that is causing all the unpleasant experiences, or it is something else in the nutmeg? If one were to extract and purify the myristicin and take it in a capsule, would one feel the same effects as eating a bunch of nutmeg, or would the experience be much cleaner with less side effects?

Also, I’ve heard that nutmeg is an MAOI. Is this from the myristicin or something else in the nut?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#33 Posted : 1/30/2009 8:30:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Look at these quotes I found on the net from some other SWIMs all found using Google
Quote:
I once had two tablespoons of nutmeg with an average dose of magic mushrooms and the trip was definitley quite enhanced... i had a super bad horror trip on it and walked myself into hospital for some reassurance that I wasn't about to die... served me right for not reading up on the combination before I guess...

Quote:
I've eaten very much nutmeg during my entheogenic life. According to Shulgin the methoxysafrole turns into MMDA in the body. I don't know if the liver likes it or not. I've had great trips from it. It's something like XTC with the difference that you have closed eye visuals and in higher doses pretty good open eye effects occur. The other difference from XTC is that it doesn't energise you, it sedates like weed. It's deffinately not the best thing to use for a trip, but it's widely available, But I don't think my body will handle it corecctly if using an MAOI.

Quote:
Nutmeg is really toxic if it is not brewed or cooked in some way

Quote:
i actually took 1 1/2 nuts a few days ago and enjoyed it a lot. i didn't get any unpleasant side effects (nausea, dizziness panic, etc.) but i got the sedative effect

Quote:
Dymock, in 1883, noted that the Moslems of western India used nutmeg as an aphrodisiac

Quote:
in certain parts of southern India, M. fragrans is mixed with tobacco snuff and used

Quote:
After several occasions of low dose nutmeg use, SWIM decided to go all out for one last nutmeg hurrah, to see if he could actually achieve the alleged psychedelic effects of high doses. This presented a particularly difficult problem for SWIM: pure nutmeg has one of the most nauseating, unpleasant tastes SWIM can imagine, and to consume such a high does would require an extended period of tormented consumption. Nevertheless, SWIM trusted in his will power and resolved to go through with his plan. At the local grocery store, SWIM discreetly dumped a can of whole nutmeg nuts into his pocket and returned the empty can to the shelf before walking casually out the door.

Later, at about 2 o'clock, SWIM retreated to his room with a bag of barbecue chips, a bottle of Fufu Berry Jones soda, and 10 nutmeg nuts. SWIM arranged the nuts in a line, a nutmeg gauntlet if you will, and prepared himself for the unpleasant ordeal. The first few nuts were easy enough. The worst part is their drying effect, making it extremely difficult to chew up and then swallow the entire nut. By the 5th or 6th nut, SWIM struggled not to vomit or at least choke up everything he had just forced down. With alot of breaks and flavor blasting with the chips and soda SWIM finally managed to consume all ten nuts, much to his relief. So the hard part was over, now all SWIM had to do was relax and wait.

At about 8:30 pm, SWIM was in his girlfriend's basement playing mariokart 64 when he began to feel the telltale almost opiate like warmth of the nutmeg high. Only this time was different, because unlike his other experiences SWIM could tell that he was soon going to be absolutely blasted with this sensation.

10:30 pm: SWIM is now at home, as this occurred on a weeknight, and has begun playing multiplayer halo pc. The high is really overwhelming but pleasant now, not nearly as analgesic as an opiate high, but more powerful. The nutmeg high is comparable to the warm and fuzzy drowsy feeling you have when you've just woken up from a deep, deep sleep, only exponentially more intense. So far this is the same as SWIM's other nutmeg experiences.

12:00 am: The high is kicking in even more powerfully, in waves, taking SWIM by surprise. He's still playing halo and has become almost completely mentally engaged in the game, as though the screen is actually his reality. SWIM feels like the chat interaction with other players is paper thin, and he can almost see right through it and interact directly with each person he talks to.

1:00 am: Finally SWIM is noting psychological effects. His thought pattern has become very strange, in a rather indescribable way. This thought pattern feels strange but is decidedly pleasant; SWIM feels sort of like he's thinking from the depths of his childhood imagination, perceiving a variety of fantastical ideation as nearly real. At this point SWIM is satisfied with his experience and feels ready to lie down and contentedly drift to sleep.

This was an extremely pleasant experience, and of course very long lasting. The pleasant fuzzy feeling continued throughout the entire duration of the next day, although it was accompanied by a faint headache. SWIM would suggest nutmeg for any drug user who seeks new and unusual experiences, but SWIM would probably never use nutmeg again, the only reason being the horrible experience of consuming the nuts. It actually makes SWIM kind of sad, since he'd really like to experience this again but now can't even get the faintest whiff of nutmeg without feeling a swell of nausea.

There are apparently some positive experiences found. I suspect that the alkaloid makeup of the nut varies and this is why some have horrible experiences and other enjoy it quite a bit.

69ron
#34 Posted : 1/30/2009 8:33:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there any particular preparation method that minimizes the unpleasant side effects?

drainlife20
#35 Posted : 1/30/2009 10:04:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read that elemicin in nutmeg is psychoactive, I have no idea what that is, but maybe it reacts with myristicin? PiHKAL compares TMA to elemicin, so maybe that's where the hype comes from there.
Thanks for reading my dream diary! I hope you found it interesting! LMBO!

Phlux-
#36 Posted : 1/30/2009 11:55:21 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yeah 69ron - the tea tek with putting it in the fridge for the oils to butter-ify, then dose the butter only - the nauseating stuff stays in the water it seems - read my posts in this thread.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

69ron
#37 Posted : 1/30/2009 2:37:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I went back and re-read all your posts.

Phlux- wrote:
oh yeah more info that may help - it takes at least 4 hours for the fx to be noticable - first ur eyes go red - totally as bloodshot as they can be, then u start feeeling ztoned, at the correct dose it is like a cannabis muffin od. and like vodzy said - u must give urself ample time to recover as u will feeel farged the next day. It can be very trippy but is always sedating too.

I've read elsewhere that its sometimes stimulating. Does you preparation method remove the stimulant qualities?

Phlux- wrote:
get fresh nuts - grind em up fine - brew as a tea but cook it for a long time - like 6-8 hours. put the tea in the fridge and the oily stuff in it will go hard as hard butter - discard the water and consume the butter but beware the taste.

I've read elsewhere that cooking helps destroy the toxins.

So did you boil it for 6-8 hours or just simmer it?

At what point did you strain out the solids if at all?

Jorkest
#38 Posted : 1/30/2009 3:12:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

well see an autoclave doesnt really describe anything about the object...while pressure cooker does...

and just remember we are all learning here..so thanks for helping me out!!
it's a sound

polytrip
#39 Posted : 1/30/2009 4:07:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
http://www.mdma.net/mmda.html
So this is one of the reasons why nutmeg is an interresting substance despite all it's obvious downsides.

69ron
#40 Posted : 1/30/2009 4:31:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The method of preparation that Phlux- uses seems to get rid of most of the unpleasant side effects. I find this very interesting.

The next time ingestion is attempted, the preparation described by Phlux- will be used. In previous attempts, nothing at all was felt. A few flavorful nutmeg burps were had and that was about it. No hint of toxicity or other effects were felt.

With talk of nutmeg potentiating a mushroom trip, I’m wondering what else it can potentiate, and what the proper dose is?

Phlux-, was any of the solids ingested or were they filtered out?

PREV1234NEXT