We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is there such a thing as over sterilizing pf tek jars Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 4/24/2012 8:33:37 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I didn't think manure went into pf-jars...but I know nothing about the pf-tek, so apologies if that's ignorant of me Wink

You going for pans or just cubes on manure?

As long as the water content is good, there should be no problems from an excessive amount of sterilization with what you present...but why PC twice? It's possible that you didn't sterilize it long enough with that method, but I don't know, having never done 2x45 or reading of others doing it. I usually sterilize spawn jars for 90 minutes at 15 psi and have no problems whatsoever. Once you hit 120+ minutes, you start to run into problems with moisture content and spawn degradation.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

damon
#2 Posted : 4/24/2012 9:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
I usually sterilize spawn jars for 90 minutes at 15 psi and have no problems whatsoever. Once you hit 120+ minutes, you start to run into problems with moisture content and spawn degradation.

Thumbs up

Quart jars at 90 minutes is no problem. But a half-pint jar will lose a lot of moisture. If you plan on sterilizing for a long time, you can adjust for moisture, but if the jars are already made using a standard recipe, they need to be cooked according to the recipe. 20-30 minutes at 15 psi is plenty enough for half-pint jars.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 4/24/2012 9:58:31 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Stop no mention of jar size here Wink
fwiw...pints do fine @90min too Cool

sorry...these smilies are too much fun Razz
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Eliyahu
#4 Posted : 4/26/2012 11:37:17 PM
סנדלפון

If you overcook them the cakes get very tight and the Mycelium does not spread properly through the whole cake...
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

majesticnature
#5 Posted : 4/28/2012 12:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that. I believe something does get altered that effects it in a negative way personally tho I dont have scientific proof.
All of my post are fictional in nature for the purpose of self entertainment.