We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
B+ Fruiting Stage Log Options

un-known-ome
#1 Posted : 4/16/2012 1:37:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Today marked the first pinhead appearance, approximately 10 days after introduction to the fruiting chamber. I'm closely following the PF Tek, and now have an improvised shotgun terrarium.

"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

smokerx
#2 Posted : 4/16/2012 9:03:53 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Gorgeous, thank you for sharing Smile
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Dante
#3 Posted : 4/16/2012 10:32:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yummy!
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

Sky Motion
#4 Posted : 4/17/2012 1:24:29 AM

<3

cute lil mushroom, looks good man

un-known-ome
#5 Posted : 4/18/2012 6:38:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

un-known-ome
#6 Posted : 4/20/2012 3:19:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

Perceptual Reality
#7 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:24:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice fungus !

It only took 4 days for that pin to mature?

We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

un-known-ome
#8 Posted : 4/20/2012 8:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it did. I've never grown before so I'm just along for the ride. Is that too short of time?

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

Dante
#9 Posted : 4/20/2012 8:47:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

4days it's pretty normal.
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

Dreamwalker
#10 Posted : 4/21/2012 1:36:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations Man!
Thumbs up

Fun hobby isn't it?

ckld
#11 Posted : 4/22/2012 7:50:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there un-known-ome. I'm in the exact same stage with my own b+ although I am a beginner and chose to begin with a grow kit. Today I counted about 25 pins on top of the vermiculite and many more underneath on the grow boxe’s side. A few are growing upside down.
It's amazing just to find out, so true and so clear that there is no good or bad, only love and fear and that is all we are messing with during our whole human history and WOW that was my first hit. A moment of freedom out of the ape's sealed skin.

Perceptual Reality
#12 Posted : 4/22/2012 11:06:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ckld wrote:
Hi there un-known-ome. I'm in the exact same stage with my own b+ although I am a beginner and chose to begin with a grow kit. Today I counted about 25 pins on top of the vermiculite and many more underneath on the grow boxe’s side. A few are growing upside down.

What kind of grow box? Do you mean "fruiting chamber" ?
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

un-known-ome
#13 Posted : 4/23/2012 3:01:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ckld wrote:

I am also a beginner, and just this afternoon I was able to enjoy the fruits of all of my "labor" and I was not disappointed. Not only is this my first time growing, but also my first time eating any variety of magic mushrooms. It's rather exciting to see the pins emerging, and soon enough you will have unveiled mushrooms ripe for the picking.

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

Perceptual Reality
#14 Posted : 4/23/2012 3:07:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ever considering making casings instead of cakes, un-known?

I'm a beginner as well, and I've already had success with cakes..

I'm doing a casing for my first time right now because I hear the yield is greater and maintenance is easier.

I'll let ya know how it goes!

Congrats on your fruits Very happy

ckld
#15 Posted : 4/23/2012 7:44:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perceptual Reality wrote:
ckld wrote:

What kind of grow box? Do you mean "fruiting chamber" ?

I have one of these easy to grow boxes where you add some water in a transparent grow box with the mycelium and rye-based substrate with a layer of vermiculite on top. After keeping in water for 12 hours I strained it well and put the box in the bag and all together in a warm, bright place. At night I leave it on top of my modem to keep them warm. 10 days later which is today I've counted over 30 pins on top of the vermiculite.
I know it's gonna be a lazy ass yield but I wanted to start easy step by step to more difficult strains and methods. I would have been more excited with mushrooms as yours but disappointed if I did something wrong and ending up contaminating them especially if that was on my first attempt. As you see it's just that I don't like risk on my first attempt.
It's amazing just to find out, so true and so clear that there is no good or bad, only love and fear and that is all we are messing with during our whole human history and WOW that was my first hit. A moment of freedom out of the ape's sealed skin.