We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
iboga-healer arrested Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:37:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
A prominent dutch iboga-healer was arrested this week, after a person under her care has had a deadly accident. Apparently she had brought this person to his hotelroom and left him there. Later that night, this person managed to leave his hotel and winded-up walking on a nearby motorway where he was hit by a truck.

Don´t know what to make of this. It could be the beginning of a total ban on iboga in the netherlands, given how the media have responded thus far.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

actualfactual
#2 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:42:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Link?

jamie
#3 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:42:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

people that do this stuff need to be more responsible..not the best idea for a provider to leave the person all alone like that.

Sucks if they do ban it..I would get some seeds and start to grow it. Alot of people only use a few grams of bark I guess so it seems it could be grown and after a few years sustain like 2 doses a year..maybe not flood doses.

I want to get some seeds..I never tried iboga though.
Long live the unwoke.

ragabr
#4 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:47:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Iboga is notoriously difficult to grow, but with all your experience, could probably do it. SWIM had 10 seeds and couldn't get a single one to germinate!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

polytrip
#5 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:47:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

actualfactual wrote:
Link?

I´ve heard it on the radio and saw it on the tele...i´m sure googling 'iboga accident' or something will give some hits.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 12/16/2011 7:56:51 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

ragabr wrote:
Iboga is notoriously difficult to grow, but with all your experience, could probably do it. SWIM had 10 seeds and couldn't get a single one to germinate!

Order an iboga fruit. With this you will get the seeds still in the fruit. You can then grab them out of the fruit and plant them, success is almost guaranteed this way.

Currently I have three iboga's growing. Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

polytrip
#7 Posted : 12/17/2011 12:19:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, that´s interesting.
I may consider growing them myself as well.

ouro
#8 Posted : 12/17/2011 12:41:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.ibogafoundation.com/news/item/16/

Sarah Glatt has a very good reputation and is probably one of the most responsible, capable and educated iboga detox providers. Most treatments go without complications, but especially when dealing with addicted and otherwise sick personalities some patients become irrational. This patient demanded they leave Sarah's house before the treatment was complete and it would actually be illegal to detain him. So, he was taken to a hotel and checked on but he was found dead on the highway shortly afterwards.

polytrip
#9 Posted : 12/17/2011 12:55:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I wish there was something we could do. But i fear that in the current political climate, it would be better not to draw too much attention towards iboga. Most people have never heard of iboga and maybe it´s better for now, to keep it that way. (as with mimosa, chacruna, etc.)

polytrip
#10 Posted : 12/19/2011 1:37:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If i´m correctly informed, the justice department and/or health department are investigating the current legal status of iboga and iboga-therapy.

That means that it´s likely gonna get banned, considering that they´ve even banned shrooms, that are far safer than iboga.

GratefulDad
#11 Posted : 12/19/2011 5:07:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sara is the one who gave me my first treatment back in 2004. She is an excellent provider, and I can't see how she could be implicated in this tragedy. As a provider, she couldn't hold this guy against his will, she took him to a hotel as he requested, against her advice, and he apparently was doing well when she had to leave him. Even if he had some lingering effects, he was coherent and talking with her, and enjoying a coca cola at the hotel, when she left him. If someone is given a medication by a doctor and advised not to operate heavy machinery, or drive a car, etc., yet goes against the doctors advice and does so anyways, then gets in an accident, they don't blame the doctor.

It's unfortunate that she should have to deal with something like this, and I can vouch for her care and her methods of working with iboga, and this is just extremely disheartening. I have been informed that she was released from jail, however, so we should all send our best wishes for her to stay out of any trouble, and we should hope that the iboga is not blamed for this person's unfortunate demise. She has one of the kindest souls and gives selflessly to people that much of society would just as soon turn their back on in a heartbeat. IMHO, she is a saint, and doesn't deserve any of this nonsense they are trying to pin on her.

Sending all my love and appreciation for helping save my life so many years ago! Much love Sara Glatt!

polytrip
#12 Posted : 12/24/2011 7:18:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I´m pretty sure they´re gonna ban it. The site of the justice-department says they´re investigating the incident, both to find 'the truth' in relation to the accident (meaning: whether they have enough grounds to prosecute sara) and to see if they can ban iboga treatments in general.

They´re openly saying that the aim of their investigation is finding arguments for banning it.

jamie
#13 Posted : 12/24/2011 8:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

this is just sad. I hope people continue to grow, order and use iboga anyway even if it is outlawed.
Long live the unwoke.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 12/25/2011 1:43:41 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ragabr wrote:
SWIM had 10 seeds and couldn't get a single one to germinate!

did SWIY soak them in GA3?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

SKA
#15 Posted : 12/27/2011 4:12:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

They're really on an Anti-Entheogenic Rampage in my country.
I guess banning the mushroom was the beginning of a brand new assault on civil liberties.
Why don't these prohibitionist shitbrains just demoleculairise...

bindu
#16 Posted : 12/27/2011 8:50:19 AM

If this goes to court. Many of her customers could testify in her favour.

would most likely result in much positive publicity if noone high above intentinally wants to screw with it
blessed be all forms of intelligence

mindash
#17 Posted : 4/22/2012 5:03:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've found a petition aimed at helping Sara for those interested.
the following information is given regarding the petition and incident

______________________________________________________________________________________
Sara Glatt has been working with ibogaine over 12 years. She has helped, and even saved many peoples lives, by caring for them, and making ibogaine available.
Sara Glatt has become one of the best-known ibogaine treatment providers for the Western world.

With a high percent of success rate, Sara Glatt was able to help hundreds of people by using the psychoactive substance called Iboga, which effects the complex interactions between multiple neurotransmitter systems and can restore the proper functioning of the brain's neurochemistry. The substance has shown incredible results in treating addiction. In many countries the substance is banned, in the Netherlands this is not the case.

Unfortunately one of the world's most well-known iboga treatment providers is currently facing legal troubles, after a fatal accident on the highroad A2 on the 18th of March 2011, where a man was hit by a truck. The man was suffering from alcohol dependency and soon after he received his treatment, he demanded to leave. The man quickly started getting aggressive towards Sara's youngest daughter, so having her hands tied, she took him out with the car, trying to talk him out of his idea of leaving so early after the treatment. He demanded to be left in a nearby hotel, where later during the same night, Sara had sent a volunteer to check on him.

During the visit, the man seemed well, but unfortunately on the following morning news about his accidental death on the highroad was reported back to Sara Glatt.

She has been arrested but has been let go under harsh conditions. She is now waiting for more legal actions from the Dutch authorities. Until the court Sara Glatt is not allowed to work with ibogaine, and has the police coming to and in her house, to check on her, different times a week. The intimidation from the authorities is very harsh on the family, and also many people are in need of her work.

What Sara Glatt did was trying to help, the same way she has been helping for over 12 years to people who were seeking her help.

A mother of five children, who was legally providing iboga treatments for people, who seek them, should not be held in such a position!

i've included a link to the petition here

http://www.change.org/pe...ine-provider-sara-glatt#