We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Amazonian Not Pinning (pics) Options

clearlyone
#1 Posted : 4/20/2012 1:29:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

These PF cakes have been sitting in a shotgun terrarium for twelve days. Mycelium seems to continue creeping out (spike like fashion) but only one or to very very small aborts. Humidity is about 95% temp is kept between 75-82F.

This novice has had success with B+ in same setup ... rather sure its not contamination ... any advice appreciated.

Peace
clearlyone attached the following image(s):
1.png (1,458kb) downloaded 122 time(s).
2.png (119kb) downloaded 121 time(s).
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Adivino
#2 Posted : 4/20/2012 2:16:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does it get enough fresh air?

Mycelium grows when the CO2 levels are high, which means that it hasn't yet reached the air, and thus it's not time to fruit.
The text above was typed by frenzy monkeys randomly hitting their keyboards.

Perceptual Reality
#3 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:22:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How long did you let the cakes colonize? What kind of substrate did you use?

Sometimes certain strains take longer to begin fruiting than others, so I'd say just wait it out. It looks like you've got some nice hyphal knots there. How much fanning/misting do you do daily?

I had a Penis Envy cake that took about 15 days to begin fruiting. It actually caught cobweb mold, and I didn't think they'd start to pin but sure enough I woke up one day and saw about a dozen baby pins, so just wait it out.

Keep us updated!
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

clearlyone
#4 Posted : 4/20/2012 12:52:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks.

The top is removed and fanned out twice a day. Misted then too. Too much CO2 could be it.

Will add a small fan far away in the same room - air in there has been very static - that should get just a bit more fresh air in the box.

Will also add patience. Smile

The cakes are BRF via PF tek.
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

damon
#5 Posted : 4/20/2012 2:40:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More holes just above the perlite should help. Or a fan, like you said.

Unless you dunked and rolled them, they look like they could have used a little more time in the jar. They should be completely white. It takes a little longer, but I would usually wait until I started seeing good sized knots and possibly pins before birthing.

I don't see any contamination though. It might do well without adjusting anything. You'll be happy soon enough!

Dante
#6 Posted : 4/20/2012 8:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps too much misting?
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

Dreamwalker
#7 Posted : 4/21/2012 1:02:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dante wrote:
Perhaps too much misting?

Thats the first thing I thought. Fluffy white mycelium is a sign its too humid.
Fresh air exchange is more important than misting when there in the fruiting stage.

Looks like you rolled the cakes in verm which already creates a micro climate. That coupled with your perilite should be giving you enough humidity.

I would stop misting and up the fanning.

Most hygrometers are crap and chances are your at 90% + humidity without the misting.

Looks like you should have more holes in the SGFC too. they should be 2 inches apart on all 6 sides including the bottom with the chamber elevated so air can get underneath. The holes in the bottom help the water evaporate from the perilite upwards.

I know you already had success with B+ so obviously you know what your doing. Maybe the setup is correct. Just hard to tell from the pic.

Just my 2 cents..

Good luck!

clearlyone
#8 Posted : 4/21/2012 2:42:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice. Will also refrain from misting. Yes, they were dunked and rolled.

The 1/4" holes are probably 3.5" apart and it is raised for good flow from the bottom. Sounds like hole spacing could be improved going forward. Hopefully the fan helps this flush - maybe offset the lid a bit too.

Peace