We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
to become a shaman... Options

'Coatl
#21 Posted : 1/27/2009 12:56:15 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Whiterasta I didn't even realize that was you who said that...

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#22 Posted : 1/27/2009 8:49:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

In some shamanic cultures, a young potential shaman gets his calling usually from what in the west is known as a psychotic break. Meaning these people exhibit many traits similar to someone who is insane. The difference is they don't get locked up but rather then enter a path of learning to use their mental powers + drugs to do their shamanic work. If they fail they go insane or die or maybe just go back to normal after a while I dunno.

I don't think this is the case with all cultures however I think some the insanity (note i am not saying insanity is a negative thing) starts when they start becoming a shaman because of all the realms they are forced to descend into.

Quote:
Umm... have you ever read anything about Buddhism? Your totally wrong. The Buddha himself says that every being has a "Buddha-nature"? Where the hell did you get that? Tell me what a Bodhisattva is?

Who cares what buddha said? All he did was get pissed off because he was a rich spoiled prince who saw that everyone outside his palace was poor and suffering and he got depressed and eventually figured out the only way to get over his depression was to meditate away all his earthly desires. That's what buddhism is based on some rich prince dealing with his depression because he couldn't handle seeing all the poor people.

All buddhism is a psychological tool to deal with ones own psyche and desires. Its also a tool to induce mystical experiences through meditation which is part of dealing with oneself. There doesn't need to be any deeper truth behind it because the mystical experience is powerful enough to shred away most peoples ability to continue questioning what a mystical experience is.

'Coatl
#23 Posted : 1/27/2009 5:21:27 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Who cares what buddha said? All he did was get pissed off because he was a rich spoiled prince who saw that everyone outside his palace was poor and suffering and he got depressed and eventually figured out the only way to get over his depression was to meditate away all his earthly desires. That's what buddhism is based on some rich prince dealing with his depression because he couldn't handle seeing all the poor people.

Your right... he should have ignored and shunned the poor like a normal person. I mean where the hell does he get off?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

burnt
#24 Posted : 1/27/2009 5:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Your right... he should have ignored and shunned the poor like a normal person. I mean where the hell does he get off?

I never said that shunning the poor is a positive thing nor implied thats what I believe. I am just stating what my opinion on buddhism and its origins are. But then again I don't think its a good idea to base my life around what any one single person said a long time ago. But thats just me. Now buddha did encourage people to help the poor etc but look at the reality of who buddha was and how he came up with an answer for human suffering and it becomes apparent that buddhism is more of a psychological tool then a religion.

I meant who cares what budda said in the sense that who cares what he thinks has to be done to live a happy life or become a "buddha" whatever that means. That is for each person to figure out their own way.

'Coatl
#25 Posted : 1/27/2009 5:34:34 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
But thats just me. Now buddha did encourage people to help the poor etc but look at the reality of who buddha was and how he came up with an answer for human suffering and it becomes apparent that buddhism is more of a psychological tool then a religion.

Ya I totally agree. I was just playing devil's advocate.

burnt
#26 Posted : 1/27/2009 6:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool^^. I think it also applies to shamanic traditions. Different cultures developed different traditions rituals about their shamanic practices that may or may not always apply universally. So if one pursues the path of a shaman don't necessarily try to emulate the path of another culture if it does not fit in with your beliefs or desires. Take what you find beneficial from the advise of others but ultimately follow your own path.

Faust
#27 Posted : 1/27/2009 7:09:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
Read carlos castanada if you have not already. While he may have made up the stories they are incredible and the logic and philosophy of don juan is incredible. It is relevant to shamanism and everyday life.
Good luck. I would try and talk with real shamans if I were you, they have thousands of years of knowledge on the subject.

Yes I was a follower of Somewhat; a great majority of Don Juan's teachings for about 3 years solid from when I was 13, though this was mainly to help me pick up girls, it also developed my own self-confidence (an invaluable quality).

And set the stage to undergird the future learning then honing of my skills in social/Emotional Intelligence Cool

"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

PREV12