We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trichocereus "True Blue" peruvianus (or macrogonus) Options

'Coatl
#1 Posted : 1/27/2009 3:21:37 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Trichocereus "True Blue" peruvianus

High in the mist covered mountains of the Andes...

....there, grows the mythical blue cactus.

I believe Trichocereus "True Blue" peruvianus is a remanant of the ancient Trichocereus peruvianus sub-species, which diverged from T. pachanoi and T. bridgesii but was soon quickly reintroduced into the gene pool by human interfence.

There are so many T.pachanoi/peruvianus and T.bridgesii/peruvianus hybrids out there it makes it really hard to find "true" genetically pure plants, maybe impossible, but I think I can come close. Perhaps by hybridizing a number of "True Blue" peruvianus I can get something that both matchs the morphilogical appearce and potentcy of the "Mythical cactus".

A friend's questions about "True Blue" peruvianus-

Quote:
I asked him (a "true" peruvianus grower) if any of his plants in his patch had any fruit. NONE. All those are clones. I am wondering.. How common is your strain? Is the peruvianus in MS Smith's essay the same plant(Without glaucus, nothing in his garden seems to blue that much)?

If this clone is that special and rare than maybe we could try swopping a cuttings some time. To try and have seed parents. They look so simmilar I would like to try.

But obviousely my experience with pedro's aren't that good so I might have it all wrong and might be making a big deal out of nothing.

If this clone is that special and rare than maybe we could try swopping a cuttings some time. To try and have seed parents. They look so simmilar I would like to try.

Does ANYBODY know where this myth came from??? The myth that there is a Trichocereus cactus that is "Blue with long blood red spines and a potentcy that rivals Lophophora "Peyote"??? If anybody can find a source of this myth please send
me a link or just post a quote.

Post pics of your "True Blue" peruvianus!!! Here's mine-

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!