We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Do you take additional supplements besides eating?
Choice Votes Statistics
Vitamins from local supermarket 4 13 %
Vitamins from biological sources (expensive) 13 43 %
I eat healthy enough! 12 40 %
I don't care about my health. 1 3 %
It never came to my mind taking vitamins. 0 0 %

PREV12
Supplements for health - Who does it? Options

kyrolima
#21 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:06:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I used to smoke tons of weed and it made me feel tired and unmotivated all the time.

Laughing reaaaaly?
Very happy

For getting sick there is a treatment: Please don't understand this wrongly. Just look it up yourself: "MMS Jim Humble". Just google.

elusive illusion

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TruePsychonaut
#22 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:38:16 PM

Andy

Used to take supplements up til about a year and a half ago.Mainly due to long working hours i never really put much effort into my dietary needs.

Since then i've changed my habits and have been buying more organic based foods and fresh produce.

After seeing the results from my last medical,the changes have made a vast improvement.

Glad to know i have the right balance at last.And i feel good Wink

T'Psych

"Love is life.All,everything that I understand,I understand only because I love."

SpartanII
#23 Posted : 11/22/2011 2:15:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I take a whole foods-based multivitamin and plan on taking aniracetam soon.

ohayoco wrote:
It's my view that a healthy balanced diet gives all the necessaries and probably much more than a mediocre diet with supplements of whatever fashionable tablets are currently considered necessary by some (which may not be all of the ones our bodies really need anyway).

Think about it. Our bodies are "designed" to get these things out of our food, like our ancestors did. Who's to say the body likes getting it concentrated and in the chemical forms that they come as in tablets? Who's to say people aren't overdosing when they eat these tablets? Who's to say that having too much of one thing in one go inhibits normal absorption of another necessary thing? Etc. What happens after a lifetime of supplements? Not worth the risk in my opinion, I'd only take supplements when a doctor told me I needed to for a medical condition that was making my life miserable.

Some supplements do come from natural sources and IMO it is too impractical to eat a wide variety of healthy food every day, that's why I believe a full spectrum, foods-based multivitamin that includes food enzymes for natural absorption makes so much sense. They are even backed by studies which I can post if requested.

Plus not all amino acids, nootropics (brain boosters), and other supplements are food based, and for the ones that are you need to take higher dosages than what the food source can provide.

soulfood
#24 Posted : 11/22/2011 2:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I take an expensive Uber vitamin.

I don't see any obvious benefit, but my diet's a bit patchy so I think of it as deficency insurance.

SpartanII
#25 Posted : 11/22/2011 2:26:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to smoke tons of weed and it made me feel tired and unmotivated all the time.

I've heard that racetams (piracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, oxyracetam) with marijuana can take away those "negative" qualities and even enhance the high. I've also heard that they can enhance psychedelics too.Very happy

۩
#26 Posted : 11/22/2011 6:17:59 PM

SpartanII wrote:

I've heard that racetams (piracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, oxyracetam) with marijuana can take away those "negative" qualities and even enhance the high. I've also heard that they can enhance psychedelics too.Very happy

I naturally feel like I'm on crack. Superfast metabolism + high sensitivity apparently = a ton of energy. I've been this way for years now. Cannabis is the only thing that balances me out and makes me feel sane and relaxed. Some people take 1 toke and get so sleepy they can barely function. I do not feel sleepy from cannabis until I've been awake for 15+ hours and smoked at least a couple grams of the stuff. Funny how different we all are Twisted Evil

As for supplements...the only thing I supplement is psychedelics. I try to get the rest of my nutes from food and a burning star thing.

joedirt
#27 Posted : 11/22/2011 11:41:04 PM

Not I

benzyme wrote:
can't get aniracetam from fish or anything natural, and the japanese favor aniracetam.
omega-3's and phosphatidyl-aminos are nice for membrane regeneration, but do little to improve
overall signal transduction; for that, I favor ampakines. try finding those in fruits.

so yeah, I get supplements from online/local supermarket.

I'm curious to know more about this benyzme. Were do you purchase them and do you notice any difference?

thanks in advance.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

boogerz
#28 Posted : 3/4/2012 1:34:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just a good multivitamin & good fish oil (molecule distilled) if not eating fish regularly.
Also some whey for strength workouts.

none of this matters if you're not eating right!

flouro
#29 Posted : 3/13/2012 7:55:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started taking Vitamin B12 supplement 8 days ago as intramuscular injections of 1000ug of Hydroxocobalamin injected into the thigh with 2ml syringe and 25Gx25mm needle. B12 deficiency is not a joke, it can manifest itself in a lot of very very serious conditions, CHECK THIS OUT. If you do not know your B12 levels, go take a test and or see if the symptoms match and if you are low or doubting then supplement. Best forms of B12 to take are hydroxocobalamin and methylcobalamin. Cyanocobalamin breaks into cobalamin and cyanide in the liver so do not be taking that crap.

Self medicating is much more cheaper than going to the doctor and usually the doctors do not even know about B12 deficiency let alone wanting to prescribe the injections or treat you. In a lot of countries you can get B12 as hydroxo or methylcobalamin in ampules over the counter and of course from the internet if you live in a country that does not permit you treating yourself. 1 2ml ampule of 1000ug hydroxocobalamin, 2ml syringe and 25Gx25mm needle costs about 1-2e depending how much is ordered at once.

YouTube has videos on how to self inject B12 so if you are thinking of fixing things then check them out Smile

Sublingual and oral supplementation might work but IM definitely works.

More info (personally have not yet read the book, only flew accross the pages to check the treatment info but this books seems to cover it very well) in Could it be B12 for those wanting to know more.

Will probably add more or make this post more well put later as it already is late but this is so damn important that this lays here as is for now.

EDIT: subcutaneous injections are go over IM since IM goes too fast out through urea and also 50% of it does not absorb and SC absorbs more slowly and does not "spike" I have understood since posting this so if you have B12 issues check the book out and search engine this

slane
#30 Posted : 4/10/2012 3:45:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I take Magnesium maleate, Zinc, a DHA-dominant fish oil, and rhodiola rosea. All have helped with my health and stress levels. I used to utilize choline and I'm thinking of adding it back in along with piracetam, it's just pricey. I've noticed the most benefit from the fish oil so far. I've been taking these supplements for years FWIW.

PREV12