We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Injecting DMT Options

mothballz
#21 Posted : 5/12/2010 9:18:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i once tried inject inermuscally some dmt that i got at a phish concert...i decided to try my calf....i broke it down with lemon juice...not only did it hurt like hell, i walked with a limp for a week with little effects...i'll never try it again

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

amor_fati
#22 Posted : 5/12/2010 9:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

A search can often be very helpful:
https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4128
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d....aspx?g=posts&t=1521
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d....aspx?g=posts&t=3016
https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7450

Endlessness, perhaps this would be a good topic for the FAQ? That way, whenever it comes up, the OP can be directed to that section of the FAQ.

Trickster
#23 Posted : 5/12/2010 10:44:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

mothballz wrote:
i once tried inject inermuscally some dmt that i got at a phish concert...i decided to try my calf....i broke it down with lemon juice...not only did it hurt like hell, i walked with a limp for a week with little effects...i'll never try it again

Pure DMT fumarate is the answer.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

TheReadyAwakening
#24 Posted : 5/13/2010 3:36:32 AM

Jimmy

I've never had the chance myself, only read about Dr. Strassman's experiments, as he only administered DMT by either IV or IM injection. These are some of the basic differences I remember, though I know that for a breakthrough, IV is almost a necessity.

-IM took a lot longer (up to a minute) to feel effects while IV was very fast (almost instantaneous).

-IM was much less visually stimulating, though colors were intensified.

-IM required a much higher (almost double) dose to achieve the "same" effects as IV.

Like others said, Strassman was using extremely pure (I remember it being around 99.8%) fumurate that was FDA approved. And while an experienced chemist, given the proper tools and ingredients, could probably make lab-quality DMT, this is no site for experienced chemists =) so judge your own skills accordingly.
โ€œEgo is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.โ€ - Terence McKenna

corpus callosum
#25 Posted : 5/13/2010 6:13:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Heres a list of a FEW of the potential hazards of using a needle:

For IM:

Skin infections ranging from a superficial abcess to cellulitis

Muscle abcess

Rhabdomyolysis

Renal failiure

Nephrotic syndrome

Compartment syndrome-requiring major surgery to sort out plus all the hazards associated with this ie idiosyncratic reactions to anesthetics, post operative multi-organ failiure,septicemia,deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, cerebrovascular accident with resulting paralysis/speech problems/incontinence and last but by no means least, death.

And for IV:

Thrombophlebitis

DVT and or pulmonary emboli

skin infections as above

Gangrene if banged inadvertently into an artery requiring amputation +/- all the complications associated with major surgery as mentioned above

Bacterial endocarditis with secondary septic emboli landing pretty much anywhere in the body

Cerebral abcess-both this and endocarditis can require surgery blah blah blah

This list is not comprehensive by any means.

On balance there really is no need to risk these problems when some effort spent working on ones vaporisation technique will allow you to access the same realms provided by the pin.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

endlessness
#26 Posted : 5/13/2010 9:25:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
A search can often be very helpful:
https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4128
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d....aspx?g=posts&t=1521
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d....aspx?g=posts&t=3016
https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7450

Endlessness, perhaps this would be a good topic for the FAQ? That way, whenever it comes up, the OP can be directed to that section of the FAQ.

Good idea, done! Feel free to edit or comment if there's something to change or add:

Can DMT be IVed?

Rivea
#27 Posted : 7/11/2010 5:17:39 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I have prepared injectable vitamins and Disodium EDTA chelation at home and taken them IV repeatedly. Sterility and purity is the absolute must in preparation. Using a laminar flow bench is absolutely required when preparing the final wash for the product, during any drying operations, and during mixing of the final isotonic solutions for injection.

Using sterilized vials to store the fumerate solution is also required. Total attention to detail is absolutely necessary as is the use of USP injectable water in the final washes of the multiply recrystalized fumerate while processing in a laminar flow environment. Plan on spending several hours under the laminar flow hood wearing gloves and a mask.

Mechanical sterilization is a requirement when filling vials, and again upon IV infusion. 0.2 um IV filters will keep bacteria out of the solution and out of your system. The determined person can do this at home, but it takes a lot of work to build a LF bench and develop procedures to make injectables that are particle and bacteria free.

After having done all that, then there is the matter of actual administration. Non mind altering substances are one thing to self administer, but with DMT there is no way to administer without terrible risk of harm without a sitter who has taken the time to learn proper aseptic technique and can place an IV catheter in a vein rather than using a syringe directly or even a butterfly needle. There is much less risk of injury if the infusion site is bumped if a catheter is used rather than a needle of any sort. By using proper infusion plumbing (hopefully DEHP free) the sitter can also flush using normal saline to help assure that the infusion site does not become irritated from the fumerate solution.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

sidefx
#28 Posted : 4/8/2012 4:43:53 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

But junkies shoot up battery acid, acetone and all types of unnecessary chemicals every day and do not die.

This topic crossed my mind just the other day, i first smoked DMT 6 years ago, and have started smoking DMT regularly the last year, every three months about, and it has been about three months now and i even smell DMT sometimes lately, so am ready i guess, i want to smoke it anxiously.
But like jumping into an ice cold lake am scared. Razz

****Naughtily i was thinking, about my next DMT experience, it has been a while, so was thinking brave now, i have NEVER used a needle, but have been pumped full of drugs by doctors and nurses for all types of reasons.

But anyway i have a friend and she is a registered nurse and maybe she could inject a little in me?
its crazy i know, but if i ever did use a needle it would have to be some crazy reason.

But everyone seems pretty set against this.

These photos are of half a gram of white crystal and a gram of orange shaded crystal, inside gram bags - with an ear plug at base.

i know the orange stuff is probably a no-no, might ask the crystal dude his opinion. I have thought a bit of doing this, i thought it first time last week .

I would probably just chicken out and not do it but if i was to do it, is it really playing with death or just cheating?
sidefx attached the following image(s):
camera 0 055.jpg (2,048kb) downloaded 456 time(s).
camera 0 027.jpg (1,753kb) downloaded 455 time(s).
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

tony
#29 Posted : 4/8/2012 5:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sidefx wrote:
i mean but junkies shoot up battery acid and acetone and all types of shit every day and do not die.

They do die. I get what you are saying though, lots of junkies shoot up all sorts of crap (black tar heroin is a good example) and more often than not they will survive it... but I think people here are interested in more than just "surviving".

Also, bear in mind the people who shoot crap into themselves often end up getting horrible infections, blood poisoning and all sorts of other horrible stuff. Also the thing with people who are injecting heroin (and all the associated crap and impurities that go with it) have been doing so for generations and the risks are well known... there doesn't seem to be very much info about what could result from injecting impure DMT so it's a whole different thing.

I have thought about the IV route with DMT, I have done IV amphetamines before and have no problem with IV but to be honest vaped spice blows my socks off completely and I don't really see much point in mixing needles into something that works fine without them.
-ะฏ ฮž โˆš ฮฉ L U T โ†‘ Ø N-

olympus mon
#30 Posted : 4/8/2012 5:33:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

corpus callosum wrote:

On balance there really is no need to risk these problems when some effort spent working on ones vaporisation technique will allow you to access the same realms provided by the pin.

I dont refute your medical knowledge at all CC but I do disagree that vaping is the same as IM. I understand you said brings you to the same place but in a way they are quite different places as described to me by a very knowledgeable friend talking at length about IM dmt. They are quite different experiences. IM comes on gradually and last's much longer as well as being easier to navigate through. Its compared more to using harmala's or a good harmala based changa. Its one of my friends most preferred method of working with dmt and can be as safe as an insulin shot with proper precautions.

I dont feel the same about IV at all as that seems like it can get dangerous. IV ive been told is very much like vaping. Rapid onset and intense! Not at all interested in that personally and like you said why risk it if its the same as vaping.

Some have a stigma about using needles feeling junkie like. I have never shot up drugs like cocaine or heroin and I make decisons with much thought so i dont have any hang ups about IM and plan on trying it myself when i get home with the help of a trained medic and fellow psychonaught who has also done both Im and IV.

Im glad this topic wasn't banned as it was suggested a while back. i see no reason that a responsible grown person should be discriminated or judged for this choice. Not saying you are doing this CC just other's in past threads.

Any ways... just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject and Im very much looking forward to trying Im first hand soon. Ill let you all know how it goes.
OM'
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

The Traveler
#31 Posted : 4/8/2012 6:03:53 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

sidefx wrote:
These photos are of half a gram of white crystal and a gram of orange shaded crystal, inside gram bags - with an ear plug at base.

Those pictures don't look like DMT to me.

Also we don't allow any talk about buying/selling on the DMT-Nexus. See this as a first warning, next time you're out!

The Traveler

rOm
#32 Posted : 4/8/2012 6:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just chime in about those pics. these crystals doesn't look like n,n-DMT to me either.
And IV'ing something that isn't clearly identified and purified is downright irresponsable.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Macre
#33 Posted : 4/8/2012 6:34:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sidefx wrote:

How was this "DMT" extracted? The top photo almost looks like magnified sugar, and the bottom picture almost looks like crack.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Shiva H. Vishnu
#34 Posted : 4/8/2012 6:47:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the book Lysergic, Krystal Cole claims that her notorious drug dealing boyfriend would regularly hook himself up to a dmt IV. Later, she claims he's used this method to torture her new boyfriend, a charge for which he was apparently convicted in court. I'm trying to imagine being hooked up to a dmt IV at thre will of someone bent on terrifying me. I can't.

olympus mon
#35 Posted : 4/8/2012 10:06:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Shiva H. Vishnu wrote:
In the book Lysergic, Krystal Cole claims that her notorious drug dealing boyfriend would regularly hook himself up to a dmt IV. Later, she claims he's used this method to torture her new boyfriend, a charge for which he was apparently convicted in court. I'm trying to imagine being hooked up to a dmt IV at thre will of someone bent on terrifying me. I can't.

That girl wrote a book?! Rolling eyes
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Guyomech
#36 Posted : 4/9/2012 5:53:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

A crack pipe WILL burn your throat/lungs a bit. But with a VG (or even a larger pipe with the spice sandwiched between layers of ash) and good vaping technique, this becomes a non-issue... Just a little mothball flavor to brush off your teeth. And it hits so hard/fast, I can't imagine the advantage of going IV.

Once I ran into an acquaintance at a party and offered him some liquid acid. We went to a quiet stairwell and i got out the vial... and he pulled out his heroin spoon. What the hell, I figured, and gave him 5 drops which he banged right away. He claimed full effects by the time we got to the bottom of the stairs a half minute later. So yeah, with a much quicker onset substance like DMT, you are risking major blood loss if you don't have a sitter's assistance.

tango
#37 Posted : 4/10/2012 4:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Every time someone mentions injecting, a scene from Requiem From A Dream, where the guys are in a car and then the white kid uncovers his arm, comes to mind The black kid looks at the nasty infection and he's like WTF !

I know, I know -it's a movie; but then again, this guy I went to high school with gave up smoking cigarettes after seeing the image of a messed up lung in an anatomy textbook.

sidefx
#38 Posted : 4/11/2012 9:54:46 AM

Wow o.k i am sure i never mentioned purchasing or selling anything 'The Traveler'?

Do not think i did? i know most the rules. Will have to read ATTITUDE again.

Those are pictures of DMT crystals, from two different plants, a chemist in training likes to synthesize from all plants.

The photos are of DMT, get many different forms. Have you not seen orange DMT before? It is probably not the purest but it is rock it is not 5meoDMT it is DMT, There are many many trees in Australia to extract from, also and i have never seen white crystal formed that good before either BUT they both stink of DMT and i have a lot of trust and a lot of love.

I will be having a DMT ceremony with the white stuff in days so plrrrrrrr to the Good vibes

"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

endlessness
#39 Posted : 4/11/2012 11:21:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sidefx, a chemist doesnt "synthesize dmt from plants", you can extract dmt from plants, its the plant that synthesizes it, not the person extracting.

Also, that indeed does not look like DMT, and Ive seen DMT from all kinds of plants before, but for the moment lets give you the benefit of the doubt.

I think traveler may have been quick with the 'no buying' warning because you did not, as far as I can see, directly mentioned buying, BUT you did make clear that you are not extracting yourself, that you were gonna ask the "crystal guy", and this very strongly implies you are indeed buying DMT. You didnt say "im gonna ask my friend" or similar, it really doesnt seem like it was a gift and most specially, its pretty clear you have no idea how this was extracted, what chemicals were used, from what plant it was extracted, etc.. You base your whole identification on "they both stink", and if you understand that this kind of smell isnt limited to DMT but to a lot of indole-based compounds, you'll see why that is a poor argument.

Because you havent extracted yourself, you have no idea if the chemicals used had toxic compounds to them (for example fuel with anti-rust inhibitors, denatured alcohols, etc). On top of it all, you are displaying a very uncareful attitude towards health and safety, going against what we stand for in this community, when you justify injecting that unknown "dmt" by saying junkies inject battery acid and dont die... If you just think for a moment how incredibly bad example and faulty logic, I think you'll see why this has set up some alarms here.

This doesnt mean that for sure the person extracting did something wrong, or that its not DMT, but at least there's a possibility that something is not right there, even if your "crystal guy" is a good person with good intentions... And if you are considering injecting it, the dangers multiply exponentially. Its unsafe for you, its unsafe for this community which may take the heat if something bad happens to you and somehow it gets connected to you, and it may also have consequences to the loved ones around you.

Please, rethink your attitude a bit, and start extracting DMT yourself. Be well, be safe!

sidefx
#40 Posted : 4/11/2012 10:26:21 PM

ok i will not haphazardly post things as i am very light hearted and do like the information on this site.
I will not be injecting anything anytime at all, most probably and not just because i am terrified of needles.

Hopefully in the future i will extract my own DMT from some plants, i have looked in to one process but mimosa hostilis? is not available here and i did not want to chop down a tree and waste it, i think i will buy some seeds and grow them or take a cutting from a friends 'Black Wattle'.

I will be trying the crystal tomorrow the white crystal, so will post feed back, i have no reason to worry Pleased

The orange rocks are from a plant Misspelled 'OBTUSE OR OBTUSA'
The white crystals are from a plant again misspelled 'CORTI'

The white crystal is from an Aboriginal sacred tree, its wood is used to make 'chakra - vibration - clearing' healing didgeridoos.

Good vibes people plrrrrrr

PREV1234NEXT»