We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What is a true breakthrough? Options

un-known-ome
#1 Posted : 4/8/2012 3:45:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Several minutes have passed since a rather close encounter with...something. It's unfortunate I didn't find out but I'm confident I will. I felt a powerful sensation and then it dropped off. I have been trying to figure out how to smoke freebase for some time now, and I have finally figured out (albeit a crude method) how. I am relieved. But what I'd like to know is this: for a true breakthrough, will I literally hold in the vapor and...trail off? Is that how it happens? So I will vaporize, inhale, and if I've done this correctly I should be launched into hyperspace and not even be aware of exhaling?
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMT777
#2 Posted : 4/8/2012 4:14:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Most likely you will still be aware when you exhale. In my opinion the only way to truly know what a breakthrough is, is to experience it. Basically you are in a completely different place then you were before smoking. I usually broke-through 5-15 seconds after exhaling.

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 4/8/2012 8:24:48 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

For me you are just flooded out and you are definitely somewhere else.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

oden
#4 Posted : 4/8/2012 8:46:16 AM

odin the one

when it happens.... there will be no question.
you will not be where you were,and you will know it
? also you can be in many places at the same time?
taste the rainbow,enjoy the mystery...
smolik mour

DiaMondTongue
#5 Posted : 4/8/2012 9:23:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should inhale 2/3 of a lung full with your mouth, then get it really deep into the lungs with your diaphragm and fight the coughing reflex with the swallowing reflex.... 3 blasts like that, held for 10 seconds and not only will you not remember breathing out, you won't remember ever breathing in in your whole life.... For a little while.

I hope you have a pleasant and safe journey Smile

Vitalstatistix
#6 Posted : 4/8/2012 10:19:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually put more spice in the pipe than i'll need as putting more in after a toke or 2 can be impossible, I take 3 really big deep tokes. Often i'll only remeber starting the 3rd toke and by that time I've launced from the cosmic slingshot. It helps to have a sitter to take the pipe off you as by the time you need to put it down after the 3rd toke you are well on your way accross the galaxy.

Stay safe.
"You don‘t have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body." —C.W. Lewis

gibran2
#7 Posted : 4/8/2012 1:40:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

DiaMondTongue wrote:
... 3 blasts like that, held for 10 seconds and not only will you not remember breathing out, you won't remember ever breathing in in your whole life....

Vitalstatistix wrote:
… I take 3 really big deep tokes. Often i'll only remeber starting the 3rd toke and by that time I've launced from the cosmic slingshot…

With proper technique and an effective device, all of this “3 toke” business becomes unnecessary.

A full, measured dose can be inhaled in a single deep breath, with most of the vapor generated in just a few seconds. Administering DMT in this manner produces an experience that is qualitatively different than experiences where 2-3 or more inhalations are required. It’s not for everyone.

Regarding the OP: You’ll know a breakthrough when it happens. It will come when it comes. If you accept each experience for what it is without expectation, you will eventually be rewarded.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Orion
#8 Posted : 4/8/2012 1:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Breakthrough to me always means completely immersed in hyperspace. Forget here, you are in hyperspace end of. It totally replaces this world. Sometimes you can just SEE hyperspace, but I wouldn't call that a breakthrough.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Macre
#9 Posted : 4/8/2012 2:19:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT777 wrote:
In my opinion the only way to truly know what a breakthrough is, is to experience it.

Very very true. In fact, the word experience will take on a whole different meaning. You will be introduced to a way of being, that is completely unlike anything you have encountered before; to put it very mildly.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

un-known-ome
#10 Posted : 4/8/2012 3:29:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having never broken through myself, it's difficult to imagine what the feeling must be like. I have gotten close I think, and my latest attempt was the three-inhale method, but even if I was about to break through I gagged on the smoke and felt in distress, so I aborted. On previous attempts, I think I have backed off too soon after feeling a powerful sensation coming on that never comes. I have drank mimosa-huasca, but my understanding is that hyperspace is an entirely different experience.

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

tele
#11 Posted : 4/8/2012 4:17:08 PM
Explorer

For me it's reaching with my whole consciousness, totally other dimension. Other than that I don't know how to explain itSmile

emptymind
#12 Posted : 4/8/2012 8:45:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its astonishing. Terrence Mckinna talks about it in one of his lectures, and it really is. To paraphrase him, How often are you astonished? Really, never. Even amazed is pretty rare. We use the word amazing all the time, but really, how often are you truly AMAZED by something? And then ASTONISHED? I cant think of too many things in my life that have left me astonished. Where my brain is so overloaded I cant even begin to think where to start to process, and all I can muster out is a "hoooooly shhhhhhh" or something along those lines. Astonishment is when your jaw is literally left hanging.

A full breakthrough is astonishing. If the first words out of your mouth when you get back arent "holy @*%(@" or something along those lines, if your jaw isnt left hanging, if your brain isnt going so fast trying to process what just happened that it seems to almost shut down and leave you in a state of astonished bewilderment, you probably didnt breakthrough.

۩
#13 Posted : 4/8/2012 9:48:22 PM

There is no coming back from a breakthrough, so to speak. Instead of trying to not be aware, try the complete opposite.

rainbow-dragon
#14 Posted : 4/10/2012 3:01:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

emptymind you put it perfectly! It was exactly that - jaw open, holding my chin in absolute astonishment in the same spot for a good half hour at least.

As for smoking I think it can be done by taking as much vapor as possible in one go, for me there was a bit left so I tried to finish it but things were already fractalising after the first exhale, and trying that second toke felt extremely weird I don't think I even did it properly, I also needed someone to help put it down. Within 20 seconds of the first inhalation I was thrown out to hyperspace.

un-known-ome
#15 Posted : 4/10/2012 4:04:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been trying to get there with sincerity, but my attempts are falling short. I will admit I've been using a lightbulb and/or a crack pipe. These are not my tools of choice, but they are cheap. I found myself most recently using the lightbulb method, and certainly I vaporized enough freebase for a breakthrough to occur, but before I can fill my lungs I gag, half-swallow, and cough. Whether or not either of these methods will work is irrelevant to me now, however, because I have bitten the bullet and will soon be acquiring a GVG. I dearly hope it works, and that the learning curve is not too steep, because I will only be using it for freebase and possibly changa if that is indeed easier to smoke and there is no return policy for used products. This is truly a journey.

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

MrLafiddy
#16 Posted : 4/10/2012 5:36:57 AM

Avoid inhaling vapors. Exposure may result in Nausea, headache, confusion, or instability.

un-known-ome wrote:
I've been trying to get there with sincerity, but my attempts are falling short. I will admit I've been using a lightbulb and/or a crack pipe. These are not my tools of choice, but they are cheap. I found myself most recently using the lightbulb method, and certainly I vaporized enough freebase for a breakthrough to occur, but before I can fill my lungs I gag, half-swallow, and cough. Whether or not either of these methods will work is irrelevant to me now, however, because I have bitten the bullet and will soon be acquiring a GVG. I dearly hope it works, and that the learning curve is not too steep, because I will only be using it for freebase and possibly changa if that is indeed easier to smoke and there is no return policy for used products. This is truly a journey.

Keep at it! SWIM has learned to really enjoy the non-break through experience and sometimes he actually seeks it. His method is the regular VG with the cap removed and a 4 screen sandwich with the spice in the middle. Works almost every time.
"People ain't only just people, they got animals living inside them too." -Blind Man

Sky Motion
#17 Posted : 4/10/2012 5:48:13 AM

<3

Too many threads like this;

You completely leave your physical body, at least that's what it is for me.

When you come back, you will have no doubts.

WarriorPriest
#18 Posted : 4/16/2012 4:45:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You'll get there Smile

Try the copper mesh scrubber disc method with your new GVG. I did, and it absolutely kicked my ass. I thought I had gone pretty far before...this was more like having a whole universe dropped on my head!

I see the low dose experience like this:

You're on a date with a girl who you really really like, at a great restaurant. The low dose is like the appetizer before the meal. Helps set the tone, gets you two talking about things...you're getting a feel for being with her.

The breakthrough is finishing the dinner, dating for several years, getting married, having kids, growing old together, etc, all in about 15 min. It's of a fundamentally different scope.

Everything written by this poster is 100% fiction

“Poems are rough notations for the music we are.”
― Rumi

Korey
#19 Posted : 4/16/2012 6:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know when you breakthrough.

Personally, I really like smoking freebase until I get there. Sometimes I take two large hits, sometimes upwards of four or five. I usually load my oil burner with about 100mg just so I don't have to worry about not having enough material, and to allow any bystanders to take a hit if they want as I hand them the pipe. Smile

There's nothing like taking one more hit while you're on the brink of shedding your body, it really propels you into that place.
“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

xcruefreakx
#20 Posted : 4/16/2012 6:24:01 PM

Mind Sailor

i had my first experience yesterday, similar to yours. but, i dont feel it was a breakthrough, though it was definitely close. something peered into my mind, and with my eyes closed i could see hyperspace, but overall it was a great, yet weird, experience. with time comes greatness, and i hope to have the great breakthrough soon
"when the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace" -Hendrix

12NEXT