We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Jungle DMT extraction question Options

tropane
#1 Posted : 1/25/2009 3:21:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim's been working on a STB dmt extraction from MHRB using naptha as the solvent.

They're thinking of attempting to extract the "jungle dmt" after they feel most of the normal dmt has been drawn out...
The problem is, their transportation situation (long story short) has them stuck with a brush cleaner.

Two chemicals IN it they think are fine are toluene and xylene.

It also contains acetone, methanol, and methylene chloride ... <-- Will these be an issue?

Anything posted on here is relayed fables from a friend of a friend
who does not own a computer. Since SWIM cannot type these up himself,
I reiterate his fictional ramblings word for word to be a nice guy.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#2 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:16:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The acetone and the methanol might be, but the methylene chloride (DCM) isn't.

DCM is great for pulling jungle spice, but it also pulls some other junk, more junk than xylene does. However, DCM pulls DMT N-Oxide, which is a very good thing. I don’t think xylene can pull DMT N-Oxide.

Acetone will pull a lot of junk, and methanol will pull the most junk of all. If they are only present in tiny amounts they should be ok, otherwise you’ll get a bunch of junk along with your jungle spice.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:39:59 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Try washing the solvent with water a few times to get rid of the methanol and acetone. Both are water soluble (as well as xylene/toluene soluble) and with sufficient amounts of water they will be driven away.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

tropane
#4 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:41:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good idea man. Thanks to both of you

Anything posted on here is relayed fables from a friend of a friend
who does not own a computer. Since SWIM cannot type these up himself,
I reiterate his fictional ramblings word for word to be a nice guy.

69ron
#5 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:54:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Try washing the solvent with water a few times to get rid of the methanol and acetone. Both are water soluble (as well as xylene/toluene soluble) and with sufficient amounts of water they will be driven away.

Yeah...sorry, SWIM is tripping on mescaline at the moment...he normally would have suggested that as well. Both are water soluble and easily removed. Although be careful which layer you discard because the solvent mix has DCM in it. If there’s enough DCM, the water layer will go to the top, but otherwise the water layer will sink to the bottom! Unless you know how much DCM is present, it will be hard to determine which layer is which. You’ll know for sure by just adding more water and observing which layer gets larger after adding the water, so that’s your water+acetone+methanol layer.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.