We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How thick should the wad of chore boy cu be in a GVG? Options

The Observer
#1 Posted : 3/31/2012 4:46:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks as though I have a substantial amount of crystals/etc that are collecting on the inside of the GVG everywhere from right below the bowl, thru the sherlock neck curve, and now forming on the inside of the glass on the mouthpiece side of the expanded portion of the glass.

Was wondering, since I currently have chore boy cu about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, if making the wad even thicker may allow more surface area on the cu ribbon, which may allow more to vape and be inhaled before it gets a chance to melt and fall below the bowl and collect on the inside of the glass. Or does it naturally collect there as the vape goes crusing by the inside of the glass as you inhale?

Any thoughts or answers as to how thick a wad do you find proper in your GVG with pure spice.\

I also left about a 1/4 inch airgap between the bottom of the ceramic heat filter and the top of the chore boy. that leaving a gap might keep the spice from burning.

Thanks.

Was going to post in the GVG sticky, but there are so many posts, not sure it would get read as quickly.

Namaste
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention by using totally fictitious verbiage...........

The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Coastal_Shaman
#2 Posted : 3/31/2012 4:58:52 AM

"That Guy"

I have never worried about the build up really. 1/4" of choreboy or steel wool on top of a screen or two should work just fine. Mine gets cleaned about once a year, and at this time probably has close to a gram of spice on the inside chamber. I pull the steel wool and screens out to clean them and the bowl once every few trips and just leave the chamber build up cause it looks pretty.. To clean the bowl without having to clean the chamber I use a Q-tip dipped in acetone or iso propyl alcohol to swipe out the residue in the bowl. The gvg is then left to sit so the bowl can evap any left over acetone or alcohol. When a substantial enough amount of spice builds up in the chamber I rinse it with acetone or iso then collect it so I can make infused herbs and such.

Hope this helps, if not oh well I guess..

C_S
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 3/31/2012 5:36:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

IME, a wad of copper or medium weight steel wool need not be any thicker than say 3-5mm to do the job well ie vaporisation can be achieved more quickly with a thinner disc and a good technique.Its important to make sure the disc is compressed enough to avoid dripping but not so dense that one has to inhale 'hard' to get the flow of heated air through it.

A disc of this thickness maintains a nice sized gap between it and the inner aspect of the ceramic disc; works very well, IMO.I also suspect that a GVG which is cleaned as Coastal_Shaman describes, but perhaps a little more frequently, is worthwhile as the bigger the build-up the more the subsequent vaporisations seem to condense on what already lines the GVG.

I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Global
#4 Posted : 3/31/2012 11:35:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Chore boy aside, when you are inhaling DMT through the GVG, the longer the vapor remains in the GVG (i.e. the longer it takes you to clear it), the more time the vapor has to cool and condense onto the sides of the GVG. This is especially likely to be the case for the DMT near the mouthpiece. Also as corpus callosum points out, the less you clean it, and the more it builds up, the easier it is for subsequent build up to occur because DMT likes to stick to itself, so the more of it there is, the easier it is for the vapor to condense onto the sides even more.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb