We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mana replenishment techniques.. Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 1/16/2009 10:24:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey folks..

I have been giving energy to a lot of people in the last month. It has tought me to heal with the white light. Each day after healing someone I feel kind of drained a bit. I feel eating high-chi food helps to replenish my mana. Walking in the woods also seems to have effect on my mana supply. Do any others have any recommendations for mana replenishment techniques?

peace & white light to everyone
lorax
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 1/16/2009 10:50:05 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

You guys are talking about some RPG game? What is mana? (other than the food the Jewish god was sending to his people in the old testament)

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

lorax
#3 Posted : 1/16/2009 2:06:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mana is the force of life flowing through one and everything surrounding one.. like chi.. i would almost say it is probably one and the same. but being an old RPG player i like to use the term mana. when mana is high i feel very refreshed and very happy almost like i have too much energy in my body which must be put into something. mana is like the souls power supply. there is body food and there is soul food. i also have read recently that there is food which is high in chi and food which is low in chi. i try to stick with the high chi stuff and it seems to make me much more alert. i feel much lighter and my mood is way better.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

burnt
#4 Posted : 1/16/2009 2:10:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

What force? What does it do? What does it control what does it interact with? What evidence is there for its existence?

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 1/16/2009 2:42:10 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I would guess that "mana" in lorax' terms is the equivalent of psychological endurance? Not a force or anything like that, but just a measure of psychological and mental capacity.

I can understand how one can be mentally tired (termed here as loss of mana) or mentally "charged" like after a few hours of good sleep or a good cup of coffee/tea/cocoa/cola/mate/etc

But I wouldn't personally use the term "mana". Unless there's something more to that which I'm missing.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 1/16/2009 4:15:49 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Surely a community which uses entheogens understands that there are things that remain outside of science.

I believe shamans can do some crazy shit... for example I believe they can really "fly" and see far away people or objects.

They can also channel energy like Lorax is saying...
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

bufoman
#7 Posted : 1/16/2009 4:22:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Things may remain outside of science but I think science will be able to prove most things especially things that we can be aware of. There may be laws of the universe that science or our logic is unable to describe but I don't believe in magic and spiritual stuff, but that is me, I don't think people who do are stupid, I just value science and see its utility in obtaining answers to our observations.

Aegle
#8 Posted : 1/16/2009 4:49:22 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Lorax another way to replenish your chi, energy or what you like to call your mana Smile, is to meditate or do yoga ive found personally both work wonders. Something else i personally use is to immerse myself in water any kind of water, for me replenishes my energy, especially the sea. I'm not sure why exactly yet but i think it has something to do with when i was born, my element is water so maybe that has something to do with it.
There's nothing more compassionate than to heal others that's for sure.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 1/19/2009 11:22:02 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Mana is the concept of an impersonal force or quality that resides in people, animals, and inanimate objects. The concept is common to many Oceanic languages, including Melanesian, Polynesian, and Micronesian.

I am in no way linked to this site and im not spamming or anything like that - i was just looking around for something and came across it and thought it belonged here - if i am breaking any site rules by posting a link in this thread i didnt mean to and this post can be deleted.

Here is mana - http://www.thinkgeek.com...eine/drinks/a273/?cpg=ab
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

bltcRichie
#10 Posted : 1/22/2009 5:01:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

water ;; big ups for Water (the Life Force itself) for the restoration of mana. Passive Creative Channeling; i.e. doodling, fiddling with a musical instrument, simply letting your Muse stretch a bit can do wonders as well. Also plugs for yoga, chi work, and meditation fer sure.

namaste, lorax; the ships in the harbor appreciate the light house in you.
better living through change

we can either grow like the non-human beings around us, or try to stay the same just because we can.

posts are ment for entertainment only; and are highly suggested against taking seriously, seriously.

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 1/24/2009 7:13:24 PM

John Murdoch IV

Water not only cleanses your physical body but also your astral or light body and fills you up with light. That's one reason you feel so good and refreshed after a shower. For me water is a holy substance.

And there are many meditation techniques that focus on replenishing your chi or prana, mana or what ever you want to call it.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

soulman
#12 Posted : 1/24/2009 7:51:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
Surely a community which uses entheogens understands that there are things that remain outside of science.

I know man. There are some severly scientifically blinkered people on this forum
You have to go within or you go without

obliguhl
#13 Posted : 1/24/2009 9:01:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Mana is the concept of an impersonal force or quality that resides in people, animals, and inanimate objects. The concept is common to many Oceanic languages, including Melanesian, Polynesian, and Micronesian.

That's what I needed for my ethnology exam on monday Very happy

Beside that I know of no way to stack up mana. I envy you for you capability to work with it. How did you learn it ?

'Coatl
#14 Posted : 1/25/2009 1:21:54 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Absorb the light of the Stars and Moon..

Inhale mists and eat clouds...

This is what the ancient Taoist did.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb