We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Orange T.Bridgesii Sprouts Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 3/28/2012 5:50:06 PM

LUVR

I started a few bridgesii seeds about 5 days ago, 8 out of 20+ have sprouted and look good. The thing is the first one that sprouted has turned really orange and the second one is starting to go orange as well.

I have read that if they go orange they are getting too much light so I went from switching between sunlight and a florescent to just the florescent. I have the light about 3-4 inches away from the makeshift blueberry carton humidity chamber they are in. The light is on pretty much 24 hours a day. I am hoping someone can tell me if this is too much time or if the lights are too close? Or is there something else that could be causing this?

The thing is even though the one is almost all orange it is still growing and looks otherwise fine.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AlbertKLloyd
#2 Posted : 3/28/2012 6:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

archaic_architect wrote:
I am hoping someone can tell me if this is too much time or if the lights are too close? Or is there something else that could be causing this?

The lights are unlikely to be too close, however they are on too long, cacti breathe at night, give them 6-8 hours of darkness.

A bit of pigment (particularly around the base) in seedlings of this species is typical and not a bad sign, but that is usually pinkish red and not orange.

Wax
#3 Posted : 3/28/2012 9:40:09 PM

LUVR

Awesome, I have moved the light to about 10 inches in the mean time. I just figured they would just need to be on a "veg" type light cycle. I was kind of thinking it may have been a natural pigment thing because it looks like little tiny dots all over the seedling.

Thanks a bunch AKL, I will let them have their sleep and hopefully I'll have some nice pics to post in a few months Smile
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Dan
#4 Posted : 3/29/2012 1:21:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

im thinking too much light too soon or possible mold?

i know ive had bridgesii cuts that get an orange mold if not treated properly.

not trying to scare you, just trying to help you think about things.

pics would help.

goodluck friend.
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!

Wax
#5 Posted : 3/29/2012 6:13:41 AM

LUVR

Nah, I'm sure its not mold but good call I will keep an eye out for that in the future!