We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Scale and mg scoop review Options

anrchy
#1 Posted : 3/28/2012 8:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

(Please PM me with a link to a scale that you think works great too and I will add it in here.)

So I just wanted to share my review on a scale and these cool milligram scoops I got on amazon. This is probably the most common scale used on the nexus. So if your wanting a cheap scale that will perform accurately enough for dosing DMT this is the one to get.

The scale i got is the American Weigh Gemini-20. It's fairly small, you wouldn't really be able to weigh anything else on it. Med's/supplements and thats about it. What surprised me was how inexpensive it is for how accurate it is. Every time I use it, it shows me the same numbers. It doesn't diverge at all. I have only had to recalibrate it once, which is simple and it comes with 2 x 10g weights. 20g x 0.001g $23.50

http://www.amazon.com/Am...-Milligram/dp/B0012TDNAM

The scoops I got are amazing. I was only suppose to get 5 scoops, so you can imagine how surprised I was when I saw around 20 for the price of 5. $3.99 (5 scoops: supposedly)

http://www.amazon.com/Sc...ypropylene/dp/B00762UBGI

At first I was disappointed at how small the scale was, I didnt want to have to use the included tray. I use a folded piece of paper that is pre-weighed to hold DMT while I weigh it out. Then I just use the folded paper to slide the DMT into my GVG. Works quickly and cleanly.

I am extremely happy with my purchase. Hope this helps anyone looking for or wanting a scale.

Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

alert
#2 Posted : 3/28/2012 9:14:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The scoops I got are amazing. They almost negate the need for a scale. The DMT I have is more course than what these scoops were made for, which is fine. They are suppose to measure between 7-10 milligrams. And my DMT weighs out around 4-6mg per scoop. Every time. I was only suppose to get 5 scoops, so you can imagine how surprised I was when I saw around 20 for the price of 5. $3.99 (5 scoops: supposedly)

The reason you need a scale even with such tools is different batches can have different density. A scoop of this batch may be 6mg but another batch may be 12mg. Anyhoo, I have had the same scale like 2 years and it still works great. Make sure to remove the batteries between uses.

anrchy
#3 Posted : 3/28/2012 9:41:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats why I said "almost negate" needing a scale. After having gone in a few times, now I could, if i wanted to, just drop about 5 or 6 scoops in and know around what amount I have. Of course you would want to weigh out several scoops from a new batch before relying on the them for any amount of accuracy.

anrchy wrote:
For You Information... I do NOT do the above any longer. This resulted in me foolishly loading 50mg into my GVG which I then vaporized in one hit. NOT RECOMMENDED

I haven't been removing the batteries. Does it still draw from them pretty bad?
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]