We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Gravity Options

bufoman
#21 Posted : 1/20/2009 6:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

The real question is what is gravity, is it made up of particles (gravitrons) or what? Check out QM field theory if you re interested in gravity. Also look at general and special relativity. Check out the reality thread too.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

bufoman
#22 Posted : 1/20/2009 6:32:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Matter is just one form of energy. In Q field theory everything is one, different particles,space and all forces are just distortions of the field. You should look into QM not everything is made out of matter. Furthermore matter is not what you think it is. It is not this solid thing made up of little particles it is much more strange and complex.

bufoman
#23 Posted : 1/20/2009 6:37:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Photons are made of photons. Some times they act like waves other times they act like particles. They themselves are "elementary particle" but this is a view that s rapidly changing. Many of these ideas are mathematical approximations that explain our observations but in actually exist in a much different form.

I can recommend some books if you like. i think you should read these things before you dwell further into these things. Reality is very interesting and very different from the classical view of the public.
the Tao of physics
The dancing Wu Li Masters
Quantum Enigma
The physics of Consciousness
That should get you started

Cheeto
#24 Posted : 1/20/2009 6:47:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Right now i want something that explains all existence, is Electromagnetic Waves what i'm looking for? Is everything in existence just a different frequency of EMW, made up of waves?
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

bufoman
#25 Posted : 1/20/2009 6:53:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No. Matter is not electromagnetic waves, neither are a lot of other forces. Matter can be a wave (QM) but it is not an electromag wave. There is no quick answer you need to read into these things. No one has the answer you are looking for. Furthermore Godels theorem and the Heisenberg's uncertainty principle show that our ability to understand and study reality has inherent flaws that are inevitable. And thus we can never prove certain things. or the truth of our theorems. Look at quantum field theory this is an attempt to explain reality this is the closest thing to what you are asking for. If you are interested in these things as you seem to be you really need to read.

Cheeto
#26 Posted : 1/20/2009 9:29:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i will get around to reading up. But how about this, lol, is it energy? Is everything in existence just a different form of energy?
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

endlessness
#27 Posted : 1/20/2009 10:12:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think energy is even a cruder level

maybe information is more like it.. or even deeper. I think the ultimate level can never be described

bufoman
#28 Posted : 1/20/2009 11:33:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check out the reality thread. Information is a better word. However the truth is we have no idea, and words are only descriptions, or symbols, of our observations, true reality is something we can never truly know or see. We only experience our brians interpretation of this information. This is a very disconnected strategy.

polytrip
#29 Posted : 1/21/2009 2:11:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I don't know if the graviton will ever be found. However, at some moment, at least with our current models, a particle will be OR directly be held responsible for gravity OR be held responsible for transitory effects of mass on space-time OR some 'space-time' particle would have to be invented, itself. This illustrates somewhat, why there has not been found a place yet for gravity, within the standardmodel. The standardmodel predicts that all forces that do have a place within it would be united at circumstances like at the beginning of our universe, or other high energy circumstances. It is tempting to believe that this will also count for gravity, then. Fact is that in the current model there is no place for gravity.
At some moment this will have to be dealt with, since you can not deny the effects of gravity and they will have to be explained somehow. So that's why at some moment a particle will have to be invented or the model will have to be transformed.

Cheeto
#30 Posted : 1/21/2009 2:48:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote=polytrip]I don't know if the graviton will ever be found.[quote]

I wonder if the answer could be to find a way to view, by how ever means, a magnetic partical, to view the actual partical. If its a partical like magnetics then its not visible to the naked eye, but it is a form of energy so it can be viewed. Wouldn't it be better to focus on a partical almost just like it that we have an abundence of? Or is someone already working on this?

burnt
#31 Posted : 1/21/2009 3:37:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Do you know what a particle accelorator is and what they do?

Google CERN or the large hadron collider if you don't.

polytrip
#32 Posted : 1/21/2009 7:37:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
burnt wrote:
^^Do you know what a particle accelorator is and what they do?

Google CERN or the large hadron collider if you don't.

I don't believe the graviton is on it's menu, though.

burnt
#33 Posted : 1/22/2009 8:48:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yea I am not sure I just think cheeto could do well to read up on it not so much for gravity but just to understand how they test for these things. But they do want to figure out why gravity is weaker then other 3 forces with the machine. Perhaps by looking for extra dimensions of space.

memo
#34 Posted : 1/23/2009 7:47:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Bufoman, I just bought the Dancing Wu Li Masters. I read the Tao of Physics and loved it..30 years ago..may have to read it again!! I just finished reading The Equation that Couldn't be Solved. That was a great book for the struggling mathematical layman like me who is still wants to try and grasp the cutting edge concepts of physics and mathematics.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

PREV12