We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Emotional loss and DMT Options

EmptyHand
#1 Posted : 3/17/2012 3:58:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How has your use of DMT, or other entheogens, changed your experience of loss of someone or something you love?

My involvement with entheogens has something of a Buddhist perspective involving the end or alleviation of suffering. For me a primary source of suffering is attachment to something that has been born and therefore will die.

Any feedback very much appreciated.

eH

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

staresatwalls
#2 Posted : 3/17/2012 10:37:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dmt and other psychedelics have made me lose my fear of death and mostly my fear of others dying. it has definitely helped. i love these substances for doing just that. and they're really interesting and fun too so that's awesome.
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

Walter D. Roy
#3 Posted : 3/17/2012 10:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT helps me accept the existence of suffering.
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

EmptyHand
#4 Posted : 3/18/2012 4:24:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your responses. If you have the time and desire, I would love to hear more detail. Staresatwalls, WHY has DMT decreased your fear of death for yourself and loved ones? Walter Roy, HOW does DMT help you accept suffering? What have you both seen on your journeys to bring this about?

eH

۩
#5 Posted : 3/18/2012 6:24:43 PM

Death only phased me when I was a kid, as I had friends die and got used to it at a young age.
Nowadays it doesn't seem to bother me in the least. Whether it's my own death, death of family members, pets, friends. I feel bad because it makes people so upset and to me it's kind of like hearing the weather :/ natural part of life. I'll still lend an ear and time to those who are grieving and need someone to talk to, I can remember what that was like.

As for DMT, basically just emphasized this. DMT kind of just fortified and accelerated who I already was, deep down. No change in regards to death is noted. Still fascinated and partially excited by the notion.

From my limited perspective, the best way to alleviate suffering is to have suffered.

staresatwalls
#6 Posted : 3/18/2012 9:38:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well there was one trip in particular on 8 hits of some very good L and 3 grams of syrian rue out in this awesome nature park. all i saw around me (in spring with an abundance of life springing forth from dormancy) was death and life intermingling. it (psychedelics and that trip in particular) made me realize that it's just a matter of time and any energy spent on giving a shit about it (any more than needed) was a waste and not needed. psychedelics have reinforced my beliefs almost unbelievably so to the point that i know it's coming and have already accepted it.
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

Walter D. Roy
#7 Posted : 3/18/2012 10:09:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EmptyHand wrote:
HOW does DMT help you accept suffering?

That is a pretty hard question to answer, but somehow DMT seems to take away a very primal fear of suffering.

As an individual animal we instinctively wish to evade forms of suffering and the human consciousness also wishes to evade the animal inside of me.

Its almost as if DMT will bring me closer to that animal and make the human accept the animal. They begin to forget the fear of suffering.

I'm not sure if this is a good way to explain this but I don't want to go on a huge rant to just end up saying this.
The Unknown = A Place to Learn