We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Making this website private Options

Ironhorse
#1 Posted : 3/16/2012 3:14:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Over the past few months, a media witch hunt has been brewing over RCs (Research Chemicals), mainly involving high schoolers buying extremely potent raw chemicals and then dosing them without the proper technical skills required to accurately measure compounds in sub milligram quantities.

While not all of these compounds are psychedelic in nature, a common theme that I've noticed is that they are often labeled "as dangerous as LSD"...yes, even for benzos.

Appropriately so, many of the boards discussing these products have either become private, or have disappeared altogether, the same goes for the vendors.

Being that this is an election year, and that Rand Paul has filibustered three different drug control bills, most social libertarian types think "How wonderful, Go Paul!", however, the stalling of these bills allows them time to be rewritten, to include everything from Mimosa to Spores. THIS IS AN ELECTION YEAR after all.

It could be that I have simply lost my marbles, but for the time being, I would like to suggest that this board go private indefinitely, with an "invite/referral" only feature. This would not eliminate the need for member introductions, but it could simply allow our sacred medicine to maintain a longer life expectancy.

Now if only I could figure out how to convey this message to The Shroomery and other overly dramatic play pens.

Discuss

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

vovin
#2 Posted : 3/16/2012 3:18:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

This site does not support the use of RC's. I do not support the use of RC's that stuff is dangerous, long term effects are unknown and given the plethora of natural compounds IMHO foolish.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

jamie
#3 Posted : 3/16/2012 3:27:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I wont take RC's..I wont even take LSD anymore(not becasue I think it is bad)..just cant tell what it really is..I dont really have any interest anyway in synthetic substances at this point. I do find the reports of others interesting but I have my hands full just trying to research and experiment as much as I can with all the psychedelics found naturally in plants..even all the naturally occuring tryptamine psychedelics found in plants have not been fully explored or tested yet..there is just sooo so much still to learn.

I dont think people who use RC's are doing anything less than people who work with plants and "natural" substances..but there are many dangers and risks inherant in playing with RC's and also any street drugs/synthetic chemicals of unkown origion..just not worth it IMO.

Long live the unwoke.

Pandora
#4 Posted : 3/16/2012 4:18:42 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Due to the incredibly well-stated case made in this post:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=30730

focusing in particular on the parts that talk about our enduring responsibility and ongoing mission . . . .

taking that hand in hand with my deep trust in The Traveler's extreme and cutting edge programming skills keeping this one of the safest places to be on the web bar none, . . . .

I am firmly oppossed to the idea of making DMT-Nexus a private or invite-only website.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ayalove
#5 Posted : 3/16/2012 4:26:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

private is such an ugly word
"for as long as there is love and light; I will fight for what is right; as a warrior with all my might; I will guarantee that hope shines bright" --Prayer of the Paladin

"If you labor, you are a "laborer", If you work on a farm, you are a "farmer", If you flow, you are a "flower""--Forest Sage

Community, Love and Passion Smile

Ironhorse
#6 Posted : 3/16/2012 4:45:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
This site does not support the use of RC's. I do not support the use of RC's that stuff is dangerous, long term effects are unknown and given the plethora of natural compounds IMHO foolish.

I agree full heartedly. My concern is that there is a plethora of cross talk and comparison of DMT to RCs on boards such as Shroomery (I do not mean to pick on them, specifically) and plenty of others, almost to the point that DMT could be misconstrued as an RC by a political leading fountainhead such as rush limbaugh or any other legion of the scientifically impaired, truth deniers (thanks Rupert). I could hear the argument now, "Ladies and gentlemen, there's a new drug sweeping the nation, a designer drug that sent many children to an early grave, I am told that this research chemical goes by the name of {insert substance A, B,] and, DMT...[ad nauseum]".

It is frighteningly similar to what I witnessed during Operation Webslinger, where David Liner and others were taken down for selling LEGAL products, thanks to "expert" witnesses like Trinka Porrata, who had nod medical expertise, notice her curriculum vitae http://www.trendydrugs.o...custom/bios/porrata.html , versus her main opponent, Ward Dean, M.D. and the others in his team http://www.warddeanmd.com/about.html .

As has been shown innumerable times, those with the knowledge of human biophysiology are largely ignored when it comes to legal renderings. GHB and GBL were not even drugs as far as the DEA was considered, nor where they analogs. Heck, GBL and 1,4 Butanediol are not even federally scheduled, but good luck getting your hands on those unless you enjoy handcuffs.

Back to my point, even though this site in NO WAY PROMOTES RESEARCH CHEMICALS, and nobody here sells them, I wanted to point out that right now, the fire is beginning to burn, and it wont be long until emergency and permanent schedulings have evolved into a full strength santa ana wind fire. I was just hoping that disappearing from the radar for a while could help to delay or soften the indestructible iron fist that will eliminate access to much needed medication for those in need.

۩
#7 Posted : 3/16/2012 4:53:13 AM

DMT vs. DEA...

It's obvious to me who has the upper hand on this one.

ewok
#8 Posted : 3/16/2012 5:11:26 AM

۩ wrote:
DMT vs. DEA...

It's obvious to me who has the upper hand on this one.

DMT
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Shaolin
#9 Posted : 3/16/2012 9:35:07 AM

Stiletto Stoner

How do we know that this is not a LE tactic to prevent flow of quality information and luring us to a false sense of security ?

With the peaking interest, the search for knowledge will greater and greater. If Nexus vanishes, new sites shall appear. Sites over which we won't have any quality control. Sites likes this.

"so my buddy called me up today and told me he had gotten deemssters in and he basically talked me into it. i havent smoked them yet because i have some questions. i have heard to just put some on a bowl and blaze it up, but the problem is i dont like the effect of weed... i love tripping on lsd and bombies i love rolling and eating beans but for some reason i dont like weed all that much. any suggestions?
thanks
dan"

"It's psychedelic like LDS and shrooms, not like weed. You'll love it"

"I just made some DMT and i want to mail to a friend of mine now if i mail through USPS and mail it in a card like idk a fucking hallmark card do you guys think it is the best ideal i mean i know i cant get caught because i am not going to be a fucking retard and put my address on it but if my friend receives the package i don't want him/her to get busted that would be fucked up....i am just looking for feedback or personal opinions on my ideal"

"put whatever you want in the mail."
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

tony
#10 Posted : 3/16/2012 12:38:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Making the site private would kinda defeat the purpose of it would it not? The idea is for the information to be available for people who don't already know.

This site isn't hosted in the USA, American laws won't take this site down... although they could block it for the American population, in which case you just use Tor to get to it. Making the site private won't affect anything except people's ability to get the information they want from it.

As for RC's, I'm not sure what makes you think forums and vendors are disappearing... certainly if they are it isn't a matter of legislation, it is just the ebb and flow of sites appearing and disappearing. The RC community, especially in the UK, is booming. There are countless sites selling RC's and plenty of forums where discussing them openly is acceptable. They are legal after all. I'm wary of RC's, but I still take them from time to time. I guess everything had to be "guinea pigged" at some point or no one would have ever tried any substances.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

Macre
#11 Posted : 3/16/2012 1:24:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Nexus is an open community. It's a place to learn and grow as a person. I think we're a very responsible, intelligent group of people, who represent the world of entheogens in a proper and worthwhile way.

New people find the Nexus on a daily, or weekly basis. The Nexus can help people making profound changes to their life and way of seeing the world. I think that's important.

I also think it's important that people lurk and read the forums extensively before they join. That way, they can understand what sort of a community we are, how we conduct ourselves, and understand the general ethos of this wonderful community. Welcome one, welcome all, to the DMT Nexus.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Smerrel
#12 Posted : 3/16/2012 3:18:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The "learn, share and expand" seems to promote an open forum. And i like that. The only trouble would be if the forum were flooded with newcomers too quickly.

But i think the guidelines are pretty clear and the "trial-period" also helps to keep the forum sane. And as Macre points out, i really hope people lurks for a while first.

Regarding keeping the tone down and not getting too much attention, i understand the worry about loosing legal status of MHRB, for example. But i don't think it will happen because there are other uses for it like dyeing and soap-making. And don't forget there are many TEKs using other plants. It's comparable to file-sharing i think, it's hard to stop Smile

The best would be if we can prove spice is good for some practical reason and has no bad side-effect. Curing alcoholism perhaps. And this forum has the best chance for being taken seriously, just look at the work that is being done here Smile

alert
#13 Posted : 3/16/2012 3:36:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Making the Nexus private seems antithetical to its mission. Having knowledge is nice; sharing it is wonderful!

The Traveler
#14 Posted : 3/16/2012 3:56:56 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

The DMT-Nexus is a place where people can find and share information about entheogens. A lot of work is done on this site to maintain a trustable and reliable source of information about our beloved substances.

It is also important to recognize that the DMT-Nexus, as a 'face of entheogens', is a good representation of a community that responsibly thrives on the use of entheogens.

Going underground or into 'hiding' will defeat this purpose and will give way to unreliable other sites filled with bad information, bad attitude and even bad propaganda versus entheogens.

The DMT-Nexus will stay where she is at the moment, and the only direction we will go in the future is forward.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Ice House
#15 Posted : 3/16/2012 4:15:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

The Traveler wrote:

The DMT-Nexus will stay where she is at the moment, and the only direction we will go in the future is forward.

Thank you Trav! Thank you for keeping our best intrests in the forefront.

respectfully,

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Metanoia
#16 Posted : 3/16/2012 4:28:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe I'm just overly emotional today, but this thread brought tears to my eyes Laughing

spaceshuttle
#17 Posted : 3/16/2012 4:36:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
How do we know that this is not a LE tactic to prevent flow of quality information and luring us to a false sense of security ?

With the peaking interest, the search for knowledge will greater and greater. If Nexus vanishes, new sites shall appear. Sites over which we won't have any quality control. Sites likes this.

"so my buddy called me up today and told me he had gotten deemssters in and he basically talked me into it. i havent smoked them yet because i have some questions. i have heard to just put some on a bowl and blaze it up, but the problem is i dont like the effect of weed... i love tripping on lsd and bombies i love rolling and eating beans but for some reason i dont like weed all that much. any suggestions?
thanks
dan"

"It's psychedelic like LDS and shrooms, not like weed. You'll love it"

"I just made some DMT and i want to mail to a friend of mine now if i mail through USPS and mail it in a card like idk a fucking hallmark card do you guys think it is the best ideal i mean i know i cant get caught because i am not going to be a fucking retard and put my address on it but if my friend receives the package i don't want him/her to get busted that would be fucked up....i am just looking for feedback or personal opinions on my ideal"

"put whatever you want in the mail."

that place is atrocious :0
i'm a compulsive liar, dont take anything i say seriously, its all make believe.

tony
#18 Posted : 3/17/2012 3:53:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spaceshuttle wrote:

that place is atrocious :0

I disagree. The shroomery is a decent forum, just not as well organized or well moderated as the nexus. I'm not a member of the shroomery but I have read loads of useful stuff on it (although there is also a lot of shite posted there too). Many of the people here are also members there. It just has looser guidelines for what is acceptable to say. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to have certain places where loose talk is acceptable and certain places where it is not. The shroomery focuses mainly on magic mushrooms, so it makes sense that there are more likely to be uneducated posts about DMT there.

The linked thread is some young guy (my guess is a child) who has came across DMT and doesn't seem to know anything about it. He posted on the shroomery and within about 15 minutes someone had linked him to a thread posted by endlessness on some basics of how to smoke DMT and a bit about set and setting... a positive result for the poster in my opinion. The fact that people are openly talking about sending it through the mail is just a difference in forum policy, doesn't make it a bad forum.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-