We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
psychedelic signal theory chart/poster Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 1/22/2009 3:46:21 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

http://tripzine.com/pit/signal_theory_poster.pdf
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

bufoman
#2 Posted : 1/22/2009 3:54:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yea this is a very interesting poster. It certainly appears to explain some of the simpler visual effects. However regarding the more complex imagery it can't explain it. James Kent is smart and has some interesting theories. I wonder the role of the trace amine receptors or other sites may play in the more complex visual effects as some HA have them while others don't and they don't seem to be mediated by 5-HT2AR. Although 5-HT2a definitely plays a role in the psychedelic experience there are many possibilities much more careful research is required using humans and drugs with specific pharmacological properties determined.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 1/22/2009 4:10:19 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

haha

that trace amine paper he hosts on his site...I actually sent that to him in an email, a few months after it was published.

long story short, I corresponded back and forth with Dr. strassman via email, inquiring whether or not chocolate potentiated psilocin (he didn't know, said it would make for an interesting paper), our discussion turned to dmt and he sent me that "Endogenous tryptamines reconsidered" paper in an attachment (dec '04). I then forwarded it to JK a couple months later.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

bufoman
#4 Posted : 1/22/2009 4:22:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wasn't referring to that one. There is a newer paper out on Trace amines and DMT. If you haven't seen it you should definitely check it out. It goes deeper into the possibilities than the older article.

http://www.erowid.org/re...=7404&DocPartID=6553

benzyme
#5 Posted : 1/22/2009 4:36:35 AM

analytical chemist

very nice, thanks

bufoman
#6 Posted : 1/22/2009 4:39:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem man. All this stuff is very fascinating. I can't wait to see what the future holds. There is so much great research to be done.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 1/22/2009 4:47:05 AM

analytical chemist

indeed

definitely think protein folding and neurosignaling are some very interesting fields of research