We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Make a snuff from Psychotria Viridis? Options

VisualDistortion
#1 Posted : 1/20/2009 5:20:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, this is my first post and hopefully you can help me out. I did a search on here about entheogen snuffs and mostly what i found was virola. Virola snuff does not sound pleasant from what i have read on erowid so i'm looking to go an alternate route. Supposing DMT is active naselly, which i believe it is, could i make a snuff from pychotria viridis? I would almost make it like ayahuasca, i would boil the leaves with low heat muliple times until there was nothing left to be extracted from them. Since the broth contains the DMT, I would then gather up every thing i had boiled out of the leaves into one pot, and leave it on the stove on the lowest heat setting possible so as not to destroy the DMT but to evaporate all the water. Then I would grind this left over material in a mortar and pestle with some edible lime, and then insulfate it. I hope that all made sense.

Thanks in advance
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

VisualDistortion
#2 Posted : 1/20/2009 4:03:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wrote that post last night when i was tired, so just to clarify, I would make a ayahuasca brew from psychotria viridis, then i would boil it until there was no moister left. I would scrape together this resin, mix it with edible lime, and snuff it.

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 1/20/2009 4:21:40 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

if its in salt form(the spice) and in a high enough concentration it may work ?
why not do a fasa on the leaves then sniff the fumarate salts ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

VisualDistortion
#4 Posted : 1/20/2009 4:43:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I'm still doing alot of reading and learning so I'm not sure what a FASA is, but I know where the related forum is so i'll look it up when I get home. But really the hope was to bypass all extraction just for ease. Plus if you carry around some crystals in a little plastic baggie is it don't look great if you get searched. But if you got some organic plant powder stuff in a empty snuff tobacco can then you won't get questioned for it.

coz42
#5 Posted : 1/21/2009 1:33:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

P. viridis is traditionally smoked under ceremony at times, but the alkaloid content in ground leaf is very small in comparison to a pure extract. I mean, you can try it but don't expect to much. I would assume you'd have to go under 20-30g of concentrated plant material..
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

VisualDistortion
#6 Posted : 1/21/2009 4:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM will try it in a couple weeks, but in the mean time SWIM has some yopo on the way to keep him entertained, or violenty i'll. But if SWIM can get past the sickness hopefully it'll be very meaningful and mind expanding.