We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Why you should NOT take DMT Options

vovin
#1 Posted : 3/7/2012 10:19:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Not many will make a genuine effort to convince you that this might not be for you. Here we in the nexus realize the ramifications of this path. You cannot simply forget what will prove to be one of the most powerful experiences you will ever have in your life.

If DMT accomplishes nothing else it does do one thing, it alters perceptions beyond what the common mind can attain through conventional means, it opens doors, some which you may not be prepared to go through. It is a traumatic experience that is profound, intense and life changing for many, the most powerful mind altering experience a human being will most likely ever undertake.

The journey takes a great deal of faith in one’s own faculties to catapult themselves into this unknown territory, even more to deal with what comes thereafter. In the end you must decide if you are ready for such an undertaking and you must also realize that DMT offers very few answers, just bigger questions and a little perspective to let you see your life, our state of being, and the underlying framework of it all.

I promise you who are seeking answers you will have far more questions once you have broken through to the other side than you did before. Many of those initial questions will only grow deeper and more complex, you cannot unlearn what you see, for some at certain points in life ignorance is bliss, adding burden to an already struggling mind will afford no relief. This is a path that takes considerable dedication as well as mental discipline. It is so easy to lose oneself in a world that is far more real than the one in which you exist now.

There is no beginner level with this path. It’s all at once, choose wisely and think on this, you have a lifetime to experience things. Are you ready to take such a step at this point in life? DMT will always be here for you this experience will never vanish completely from the world. Sometimes waiting later in life makes this undertaking all that more beneficial. It is not a sprint to the end, it is a long marathon. Pace yourself, be sure you are ready, it is hard to turn back, for some it is impossible, this is not a game there are real consequences to this journey.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

InMotion
#2 Posted : 3/7/2012 10:39:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

Nice post vovin.

I suppose, I'd like to add that low-doses of oral and/or smoked dmt are not as reality shattering. I speculate they can be used by the majority of people without the warnings beyond changes in perception.

vovin
#3 Posted : 3/7/2012 10:47:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Very good point starting out in below breakthrough is definitely a good place to get your feet wet. However; keep in mind there's a world of difference between non breakthrough and a breakthrough experience. Just because you handled the lower dosages don't think you can easily handle the breakthrough.

Wax
#4 Posted : 3/7/2012 10:51:28 PM

LUVR

Great advice!
I am really glad you posted this Vovin. You are right, many people will not try to talk you out of taking DMT but it is extremely important that you heed warning such as this.
The same warning should come with salvia as well, take it from someone who's life was instantly changed in 10 minutes by the spirit of this plant (not that it was a negative change) but it WILL be very overwhelming regardless of wether you know what to expect or not.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

tony
#5 Posted : 3/7/2012 10:57:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
Just because you handled the lower dosages don't think you can easily handle the breakthrough.

I'll second this. For me there isn't even really any similarity between a low dose and a breakthrough dose. To me a low dose just feels like an uncomfortable and quite strong psilocybin type of thing. I went straight for the jackpot when I first took DMT and it gave me a bit of a hyperslap, but I don't think I would have been any less in awe and terror if I had worked my way up with lower doses first. At some point there has to be the leap off the cliff into the crazy place with impossible objects, intense sounds and (sometimes) very scary, very real characters in it... I don't think lower doses will really do much to make that cliff any lower. Although if someone has never experienced any psychedelics before it may be a good idea to start with a lower dose to acquaint themselves to the sorts of shifts of perspective that are possible. I had tried many drugs before DMT and had experienced very intense shifts in reality (such as the commonly experienced void and infinite loop of fly agarics) but still none of them really prepared me fully for what DMT can do.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

Visty
#6 Posted : 3/7/2012 11:01:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent post and advice. After a year of triweekly mushroom sessions I can tell you, your perception of reality does change. It is a hidden process. It has lead me to question even more than I already did. This sort of stuff is not to be taken lightly. But I have found I can take it on.

One thing it did for me is provide me with a new way of describing ideas. My ability to express myself has improved. I am much more empathic. I feel less...violent...in some ways. My girlfriend tells me I am more ...mellow I suppose.

Status quo changing stuff.

DeMenTed
#7 Posted : 3/8/2012 12:19:32 AM

Barry

Great advice!

Electric Kool-Aid
#8 Posted : 3/8/2012 12:45:48 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Nice write up! Disclaimers are a great thing. Maybe this could be in the health and safety section some day. Or something like this on the prescription DMT that the Doctor prescribes!

Yup just scary out there!!!!!! Brrrrrrrr
One day... No hurry.. The right place and setting.
But just the glow (low dose) for me! Big kahuna later...

BTW. 9th pull and still spice from my 1st extraction!!! Woohoo!! Time with the mix sitting and naphtha in for 3 or more days. 2 weeks with naphtha and I got tons on my 8th pull.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

eLeSaH
#9 Posted : 3/8/2012 1:35:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't think there is a problem of beeing awaken. Look how much harm happens around the world by greedy and abusive people. It's good that enough people stay conscious. After a while it makes you realize whats wrong in the world. It's like an antidote for all the years of media brainwashing. Razz

And yes, I also support anonymous and the occupy movement and all other peaceful protests around the world.

DudeMeetTyler
#10 Posted : 3/8/2012 2:40:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great post.

Worthy of a sticky? I think so
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

vovin
#11 Posted : 3/9/2012 8:58:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a danger, even for the experienced user. Sometimes, rarely, one undergoes a particularly intense experience, It can be brought on by overdoing it but I have seen others report that is can come from normal dosages, Shattering the veil and breaking through the break through. This results in a ego death experience that has broken even the most experienced of users often enough to get them to shun this chemical and anything to do with it for some time possibly for good. It's a role of the dice when it will happen, maybe never for most, but for some it does come.

tele
#12 Posted : 3/9/2012 10:54:14 AM
Explorer

I agree people shouldn't try to see answers through the use of DMT, but more like to witness/experience something unbelievable.
In general it can certainly answer the question "is there more to life than daily reality?".
I think it all depends on the person and what are his/her purposes of smoalking.
And why not to try if the person has genuine interest in it and not doing it "only to get high"?

Quote:
There is no beginner level with this path. It’s all at once, choose wisely and think on this

I have to disagree with this as one can start with low doses.

Quote:
. It is so easy to lose oneself in a world that is far more real than the one in which you exist now.

What makes you so sure?
How can something be more real than the other, even if the dimensions are different(Even if hyperspace would be the source of our own world)? What makes something more real than our daily reality?
I think hyperspace is real but what can make it more real than "our space"?

Enoon
#13 Posted : 3/9/2012 11:14:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

eLeSaH wrote:
I don't think there is a problem of beeing awaken. Look how much harm happens around the world by greedy and abusive people. It's good that enough people stay conscious. After a while it makes you realize whats wrong in the world. It's like an antidote for all the years of media brainwashing. Razz

And yes, I also support anonymous and the occupy movement and all other peaceful protests around the world.

I think it's wrong to think that DMT can somehow magically awaken you - whatever that means. It's not a short cut to enlightenment, higher consciousness nor world peace or righting the wrongs. DMT is a powerful mind-altering substance, but it can be illuminating just as much as it can be confusing, traumatizing and delusion-provoking.

this is what we should be aware of at all times when embarking in journeys. To remain open towards the experience does not mean to take everything at face-value. DMT or psychedelics are not the remedy for the problems we face in the world. It is what it is... but IMO it's not as eLeSaH puts it an antidote! So aside from the considerations of mental preparation we should remain aware of its limitations with respect to applying what we've learned to our real life in positive ways.

sure we might question more or feel less belligerent after significant psychedelic experiences, but that's still a long way from solving all the problems, from escaping conditionings we believe are harmful, from understanding, from making the right decisions in life... please don't forget this!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 3/9/2012 2:54:52 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

tele wrote:
Quote:
There is no beginner level with this path. It’s all at once, choose wisely and think on this

I have to disagree with this as one can start with low doses.

vovin wrote:
Very good point starting out in below breakthrough is definitely a good place to get your feet wet. However; keep in mind there's a world of difference between non breakthrough and a breakthrough experience. Just because you handled the lower dosages don't think you can easily handle the breakthrough.

WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Pandora
#15 Posted : 3/9/2012 4:32:40 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Interesting post. Perhaps should have been titled Why A Person Should Consider Delaying Use of DMT . . . .

Speaking for ME the details in this post are both true and false.

Basically to summarize what could be a 100,000 word rant I'll just say coming into it at the halfway point of my life, at age 41, then working with it for a couple years, but ATTENDING to the integration periods has yielded something wonderful.

1.) I no longer have much desire to consume DMT.

2.) I no longer live in a world of fear, in particular for the death of my loved ones and myself. This has stabilized my mind and my physical vital signs.

3.) The cacophany in my mind has quieted. I have found meditation to be easy.

4.) In fact, DMT never ever gave me what I wanted, it continually gave me what I needed. I continue to have answers to questions I have not yet asked and I am thankful for the insights and growth that the DMT use CATALYZED within me. It allowed me to quit talking about acceptance and embrace it as part and parcel of my essence.

I see a lot of young people here who get confused. I see some folks here who are older who seem to not show evidence of growth or change. I'm not sure what DMT has done for them and who am I to judge? Frankly I don't know these folks, I only see their posts over time. . . .

I'm thankful that I live in a time when it is easily extractable and that I was able to take some measure of comfort and growth from what it had to show/teach me.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

SWIMfriend
#16 Posted : 3/9/2012 4:45:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
...the insights and growth that the DMT use CATALYZED within me...

Love that thought: DMT as a catalyst for insight and growth. That's exactly how I see it.

3rdI
#17 Posted : 3/9/2012 4:48:39 PM

veni, vidi, spici

thats exactly what it is, its the finest switch flicker i have ever had the honour to come into contact with
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Bill Cipher
#18 Posted : 3/9/2012 5:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I appreciate the post, Vovin, and agree with it completely. I worry at times that we may be contributing to overly casual experimentation. From my own experience I can say that (for me) this thing does come with a price. I can't turn off the things I've seen. They are with me all the time.

alert
#19 Posted : 3/9/2012 5:27:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
I appreciate the post, Vovin, and agree with it completely. I worry at times that we may be contributing to overly casual experimentation. From my own experience I can say that (for me) this thing does come with a price. I can't turn off the things I've seen. They are with me all the time.

Agreed. I started getting interested in DMT many years ago while I was still a teenager and I'm so glad I waited to try it. It has certainly changed who I am and my outlook on life. This isn't a bad thing, but I can see it being negative for some people. The problem is lots of people think they are able to handle anything but you can't possibly understand what DMT is capable of until you try it, and at that point it might be to late because you can't unsee these things. It is amazing how much an experience not even 10 minutes long can change the direction of your life. This stuff should not be taken lightly and if a person is looking for a strictly recreational experience they may be in for a surprise. This stuff goes much deeper than people realize.

Felnik
#20 Posted : 3/9/2012 5:28:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me it has become a creative artform akin to
Learning a new instrument. Except on a more epic
Scale.

As a catalyst for personal growth it is unmatched.
In many ways it has saved my life.
It has ratically shifted my view of the world, my life
And my relationships with everything.
I carry its lessons with me at all times .

I am lured by its mystery and its beauty.
and overwhelming intensity at times.
It can be a wild animal that's impossible to control
Learning to roll with it is difficult and takes a lot of practice.

Vovins piece is very good and well written.
I would recommend it to anyone interested in this path.
Dmt is obviously not for everyone and a great deal of
Thought should be put into persueing it .
Seriously. For once this a substance that's no joke and
Can command your respect like nothing you will ever encounter .

love
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

123NEXT»