We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Which B. Caapi vine should I get? Help! Options

Ford Prefect
#1 Posted : 3/2/2012 8:27:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I'm ready to order some Ayahuasca but I dont know which strain to try. Can any of you fine-vine folks shed some light on the matter. I've heard the effects can vary from strain to strain. Are the effects really different? Do some varieties make you purge more? Are some more visual, etc.?

The cielo strain seems to be popular (or is that yellow?)... I've heard the red and black are quite "resinous". The white is supposed to be "magical". Unfortunatly the suppliers cant really elaborate on anything because nothing is sold for consumption. Blah, blah, blah Rolling eyes

I guess i'm just afraid of throwing up alot and being far too uncomfortable to have a good experience. I tend to puke when using psychs... It's sorta wierd when I dont, actually. I find it cleansing though, and usually erupt with laughter when its over. But this is a new territory and I dont know what to expect.
Earth: Mostly Harmless... Dont Panic!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ford Prefect
#2 Posted : 3/2/2012 10:17:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, any advise, dosage or safety info for a first timer would be great. I've seen alot of conflicting info on that, so please chime in. I intend on useing it without DMT first, or maybe fb a little when i'm comfortable. Then trying it again whith a charcruna or mimosa brew alongside. thanks guys!

jamie
#3 Posted : 3/2/2012 10:42:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

sounds like you might want to start with white.
Long live the unwoke.

Agave
#4 Posted : 3/3/2012 4:05:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would caution against black vine to start with as it can get quite overwhelming in short order.
As Within, So Without.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 3/3/2012 9:01:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ford Prefect wrote:
Also, any advise, dosage or safety info for a first timer would be great. I've seen alot of conflicting info on that, so please chime in. I intend on useing it without DMT first, or maybe fb a little when i'm comfortable. Then trying it again whith a charcruna or mimosa brew alongside. thanks guys!

Check out this recent thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=29873

Ford Prefect
#6 Posted : 3/5/2012 6:44:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So at I***AM***SHAMAN dot com i found B. Caapi available in small quantites for a decent price. So I bought a small amount of "white" for starters. Then a decent amount of yellow and "Mckenna's" Red. I still want to try the "cielo" but they didnt advertise that. So I'll find that next time, I guess. I want to do more research about the "black". Any info would be great.

un-known-ome
#7 Posted : 3/5/2012 3:32:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently had the opportunity to taste the black vine after only ever having tried the yellow vine and the black vine certainly punches above its weight. At 56 grams, I needed no admixture to have a psychedelic experience. It did cause more stomach discomfort, however. The sight and smell of the black vine brew foreboded of a powerful experience, and once I had gotten it down, some external force intervened and stopped me from drinking any mimosa as if it had seen into the future and wanted to protect me. That is not entirely true, but I absolutely sensed the potency of the black cappi vine and knew not to drink anything else. I have white vine stated away, and soon the day will come that I get to indulge myself.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

Para
#8 Posted : 3/7/2012 1:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started with black caapi and I think I'll go back to it (now I take cielo); its effects are more potent and I can 'abandon' the body more easily.
I like black caapi, it separates me more from the ambient, I felt like it closed more tightly the door to the external perception, preparing me better to the light carrier.

I bought them from ~m_a_y_a~ Smile

McCoyBoy
#9 Posted : 3/7/2012 2:06:31 PM

enthusiast

i've only tried black caapi so far and it is amazing. get ready to feel mother nature
as above, so below

endlessness
#10 Posted : 3/7/2012 2:23:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you guys please name the vendor you bought the different caapi from, but in a "hidden" way (like the edit in Ford Prefect) to prevent search bots from identifying it? Im wondering if these experiences are related to one vendor only or to different vendors.

rOm
#11 Posted : 3/7/2012 3:30:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cielo or yellow vine (it is the same from what I hear) and white are generally softer. So they're generally good to start with.
I'd go red then and black after, though maybe there isn't much difference between white, cielo and red, the black apparently is always way stronger, thus for more experienced drinker.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

BecometheOther
#12 Posted : 3/7/2012 11:25:32 PM

metamorhpasizer

Last weekend i had a brew with yellow black and red in it.
My conclusion: they are all good!

You generally cant go wrong starting with cielo or yellow ayahuasca, and this is the strain recommended for beginners.

If you are getting different kinds of ayahuasca imported from the jungle, then you need to be very cautious when testing them out: some black cappi is not much different from yellow, where some other black cappis are EXTREMELY POWERFUL even at doses of less than 50 grams with no admixture.

The moral of the story is a serious one. when importing plant materials, test at a very small dosage first to make sure your expectations of the potency are at least close. This applies not only to ayahuasca vines, but any admixtures you may be useing as well, expecially chaliponga or charcuna.

cheers and good luck!

You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever