We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1516171819NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

nen888
#321 Posted : 2/23/2012 10:37:29 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..radmotion, all known information on A. cyclops is in this thread..it is presumed to contain probably DMT/NMT from bio-assay and a TLC..
please consult the INDEX OF THIS THREAD on page 1, and utilize this thread as a research resource..that is in part what it is here for..
it is important with plant entheogens and chemistry to spend as much time researching and informing oneself of the topic first..
you need to be reasonably sure of what you are dealing with and doing if you plan to utilize a plant..

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Muttley
#322 Posted : 2/23/2012 2:06:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi.

Spice Sailor wrote:
just wanted to confirm with you that they are all of one tree/ plant or of a few in close proximity?
Spice sailor

all the pictures on post #305 are from the same plant. all the close-ups are from a branche that comes from the main trunk (cimg1679e)
Anyway all the other trees in close proximity look exactly the same.

And because alkaloids are greatly reduced during flowering, further extractions will be made.
"Once upon a time there was a giant bungee cord. One end was tied to my feet. The other end was tied to a spaceship in orbit. Suddenly, the spaceship went warp speed..."

wira
#323 Posted : 2/28/2012 2:36:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those last two pics look a lot like Acacia melanoxylon to me, though I can't say without a better look (and flowers too). Which part of Australia it was found in may narrow it down without a better look, though... (not that I expect you to divulge your location if you don't want to!)

acacian
#324 Posted : 3/6/2012 7:22:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen, was just wondering if you had any info on the seasonal variance of obtusifolia or floribunda?

nen888
#325 Posted : 3/6/2012 2:25:11 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..^, with the amount of variation seen with obtusifolia which is also strain related (see earlier in thread) all i can say with consistency is that after rain and during flowering/seeding are not ideal.. floribunda is a lot more consistent in the dmt vs other alkaloids ratio, with the rain/flower thing probably also applying..this is why, in terms of growing from seed, floribunda could be more reliable depending on what strain of obtusifolia has been sourced..
also, floribunda is a faster growing tree and found as far south in Australia as southern Tasmania, where temperatures have reached minus 11 degrees C, making it possible to grow in southern England or Canada..more extracts of floribunda need to be GCMS tested..

wira
#326 Posted : 3/7/2012 1:42:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It does a little, but it also looks like any one of numerous other species with slender, straightish phyllodes. Floribunda tends to have more pendulous foliage than the plant pictured above, and I'd bet you have a different Acacia species (or who knows, maybe not even an Acacia - without closer, clearer pics and especially without flowers at least, it's very hard to say).

nen888
#327 Posted : 3/8/2012 10:00:07 AM
member for the trees

..Growpen, if you're on the east coast, i'd say your acacia is a variety of A. mucronata..
wira, regrading A. melanoxylon vs cyclops, my eyes i think were weary, and i haven't seen a lot of victorian varieties of melanoxylon of which the pods do look like the posted photo, but in new south wales the pods are significantly more twisted, and the aril pale pink (not red) ..it really should be split into two varieties..depending on flowers you may be right..i do not know if this variety of A. melanoxylon has been chemically tested..it is the quite different NSW form that was found to have only very small amounts of DMT..

also wanted to also mention there have been one or two underground reports of finding DMT in Acacia baileyana (native Cootamundra, southern NSW, Australia and grown in Europe) but i don't know the percentages or details..

..as A. cyclops is of particular interest to the nexus (thanks again Primal Wisdom) here's some more images to assist ID..a reminder it is naturalized in many parts of Africa and also the Canary Islands..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
Acacia cyclops pods and seeds.jpg (113kb) downloaded 396 time(s).
cyclops_.jpg (72kb) downloaded 395 time(s).

Gowpen
#328 Posted : 3/9/2012 11:32:07 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

west coast nen888, ... I will take possesion of 4 mature acuminata tomorrow from a native nursery here. I will then be better equiped to id in the bush.... updates when ready

wira, thanks for the input, sorry for the bad photos but the pics are of leaves 9 feet in the air. I will photo these new 'official' acuminata tomorrow and I will take it as a pos ID. I know there are many everywhere..... I just need to see one,.. Iv probly sat on a few in my time....
Thank you all very much

bricklayer, I will collect some seeds to photo too
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

nen888
#329 Posted : 3/9/2012 11:26:23 PM
member for the trees

..if your tree is west coast, Growpen, it very well may be one of the forms of A. acuminata..it looks similar in habit..flowering time is around July, for definitive ID..

there are numerous forms of acuminata, and a number of very closely related species [see DNA study of acuminata table attached below]
..all the acuminata variants looked at so far seem to contain tryptamines in high percentages..the actual composition of alkaloids may vary..
Acacia neurophylla [photo p.8] is also related, grows in WA and South Australia, and was found by 'J' to contain reasonable amounts DMT...
nen888 attached the following image(s):
acacia_acuminata-01-large.jpg (196kb) downloaded 541 time(s).
acuminata-typical-2.jpg (38kb) downloaded 538 time(s).
acuminata genetic relations table.jpg (97kb) downloaded 538 time(s).

Gowpen
#330 Posted : 3/10/2012 8:32:04 AM

invaluable info nen thank you...
I have in my possesion 8 acuminata seedlings grown from seed by a enviromental scientist I recently met who owns a native nursery ..
pictures below....

I 'could' sacrifice 1 or 2 for a test extrac but not sure there will be DMT in such young plants..
one or 2 years time i will be traveling with you guys....
Many thanx NOW I'm excited....
Gowpen
Gowpen attached the following image(s):
aa-1.jpg (110kb) downloaded 537 time(s).
aa-2.jpg (86kb) downloaded 530 time(s).
aa-3.jpg (132kb) downloaded 525 time(s).

acacian
#331 Posted : 3/10/2012 9:54:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so the phyllodes on acuminata are round shaped?

acacian
#332 Posted : 3/10/2012 9:58:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swear i've seen a few of these around vic.. can't be sure though

Gowpen
#333 Posted : 3/10/2012 10:10:28 AM

Phylodes not round, oval more oliptical like () & pointy.... and long.... yes they are in most of australia bud.. But I spoke with the crew from that nursery and these are from seed yes... they pour boiling water over them and soak for 24 hs then plant...easy...

If MHRB ever gets scarce we become by default, the DMT capital of the world...... SPOOKY

Gowpen a happy camper

nen888
#334 Posted : 3/11/2012 9:08:43 AM
member for the trees

..thanks for the photos Growpen, i'm sure you'll find helping them grow up rewarding..

..'acuminate' means gradually coming to a sharp/fine point (see botanical terms p.17)
the phyllodes of A. acuminata vary from very narrow (1mm or less and 'terete', see p,17, almost needle like) to 5mm-8mm to even broader (c.6mm-1cm), the kind tested by endlessness) ..
if given a well drained but moist soil (loose, to allow easy root development) and plenty of nitrogen, water and sun, acacias can be grown to 5-7ft in 3 years from seed..in a spot they like in the ground they will 'go off'..pruning branches can encourage more bushy growth, meaning more mass per metre...

Rocketchimp1
#335 Posted : 3/15/2012 1:25:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, I live in port hedland (pilbara) and am having some difficulty finding an Acacia that contains DMT. The weather can get extreme so I'm hoping that some species are good for it.
Could some one please point me in the right direction as I'm just finding out about this mind boggling world
Thanx

Rocketchimp1
#336 Posted : 3/15/2012 2:39:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, I live in port hedland (pilbara) and am having some difficulty finding an Acacia that contains DMT. The weather gets so extreme up here I'm just hoping there is a local strain.
Could some one please point me in the right direction as I'm just finding out about this mind boggling world
Thanx cheers Smile

nen888
#337 Posted : 3/15/2012 9:54:31 PM
member for the trees

..hi Rocketchimp1, your region is less explored than more southern and eastern parts of australia, but two tryptamine species found your way are Acacia colei and A. victoriae (see index of thread p.1 for info. )
..remember there can be seasonal variation in content...

pablokabute
#338 Posted : 3/16/2012 6:36:24 AM

"Look up, look within, it's SPACE and it's YOU."

hi, i am from the philippines. from the looks of it, the acacias closely resemble an acacia longifolia.. its definitely acacia, i just wanna know what specific kind so i could brew my own ayahuasca-logue. i will be posting pictures later, when i can, of the tree itself, pods and seeds..

does any one know if there are ethnic plant containing mao-inhibitors/beta-carbolines here in the philippines?? wow.. i would like to really brew it in the soonest possible time. cant wait. thanks for the help. all LOVE.
Also a proud member of the Shroomery.

Û©
#339 Posted : 3/16/2012 6:51:37 AM

Hi,

Be sure to treat the trees in the parking lot with respect. They don't have the most ideal existence.

pablokabute
#340 Posted : 3/18/2012 11:55:18 AM

"Look up, look within, it's SPACE and it's YOU."

it might be Acacia auriculiformis. i will be posting pics real soon.
Also a proud member of the Shroomery.

«PREV1516171819NEXT»