We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Are the entities real?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 36 59 %
No 25 40 %

PREV123
Entities: real or no? Vote! Options

astralspice
#41 Posted : 3/7/2012 12:54:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say they are real for sure. How can you explain numerous people encountering the same entity, for example the JESTER. I've encountered that guy once and felt his presance others. also I've seen that little guy in the bottom right side of the nexus banner, the one wearing a black and white suit. He was small like in the picture and was pointing me into the infinite darkness.
I guess you could say that these folk are in my subconcious because of being on this site but I didn't even notice him in the banner until a month afterward
REALITY 5.0

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Dreamwalker
#42 Posted : 3/7/2012 2:54:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't say for sure what i think is "real or not" anymore.

I think I've just seen too much...

Wax
#43 Posted : 3/7/2012 2:57:36 AM

LUVR

I was torn between yes and no only because I almost said that we are not "real"
Instead I think that "real" is whatever form any persons consciousness wants to take, it is all energy and whatever the current situation the beholder is in is reality to them.
Are the entities made of matter? No I don't think they are.
Are they real? Yes most definitely.
I think anything that can be experienced by a consciousness is "real"
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

olympus mon
#44 Posted : 3/7/2012 4:22:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

archaic_architect wrote:

I think anything that can be experienced by a consciousness is "real"

So well put! here here!
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

nen888
#45 Posted : 3/7/2012 4:44:30 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i voted 'yes' because i am essentially of 'animist'/'shamanic' beliefs (with a little gnosticism thrown in)

i have known three people to report seeing the same entity moving in the same fashion (on ayahuasca) in complete darkness with no apparent cues (other than icaros)..only after the session were experiences compared..

20 years ago, when few had tried or even heard of DMT, i observed people (who hadn't even read McKenna) vaporize it..no prior descriptions except 'very strong psychedelic, fast, intense..' were given to them..and afterwards they often reported seeing entities like the now famous Mantids and others..there were no cues or cultural suggestions to most of these entities..this is how the folklore of 'elves' has further evolved - through direct experience..

the entities are at least as verifiably real as thoughts, which can lead to very real effects in the physical world..like thoughts, entities can change our brain states..more importantly they can influence our decisions or inform us (be this positive, negative or neutral) - part of core shamanic practice

from the multiple reports, i believe some of these classes of spirit are genuine 'discarnate entities'..truly 'objective' in at least the same way, say, the number Pi is..
though, really, i think it's a step further - does consciousness reside in the brain..?

Guyomech
#46 Posted : 3/7/2012 4:45:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Great discussion.

Real/ not real? That sounds like an arbitrary manmade duality. Neither definition describes the multilayered, nuanced reality of what the entities are.

My entities have always clearly been robotic representations of aspects of my self. At the same time, the boundaries of my usual self are nowhere to be seen.

Always present but not in a visual form: the big guy. Some call this being The Guardian. That feels pretty close. This being is bigger than I, yet at the same time, feels like me.

I'm not going to vote on this one. Not to be lame or anything- I just don't think that yes/ no applies here.

150 LSD or shroom trips
6 psilohuasca journeys
1 homemade phalaris/rue brew, Pre- Internet
24 spice journeys

Al Dimentiz
#47 Posted : 3/7/2012 9:54:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I voted Yes. But What is reality? isn't just what we perceive with our senses and our mind gives it a meaning made from past experiences?

Even if we don't see ultraviolet light, radio waves, microwaves, etc we know that they are real.

I think that our brain is a receiver and DMT opens it up to perceive something that always been there.
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

PrimalWisdom
#48 Posted : 3/7/2012 10:24:22 AM

Everything the light touches

I voted yes. I really don't know what to believe most of the time, but one particular pharma journey (my 1st) pretty much confirmed that the things that inhabit that space have some realness to them. I don't how to explain or describe what I mean, but for me after that experience I was convinced that they do in fact exist.

Peace
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

nexalizer
#49 Posted : 3/7/2012 10:53:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe (Multiverse?)?

It's one of the big questions of our times, the implications are enormous!
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Purges
#50 Posted : 3/7/2012 7:18:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I voted 'yes'. But tentatively, it is nice to think that there is more to this existence than what we are presented with, we perceive these things but are yet to prove them.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

toppy
#51 Posted : 3/7/2012 8:01:54 PM

Eon Worker

I don't understand the word "real" in any case. If you believe that the only thing that "exists" is energy, then yes i believe the entities are even more real than our physical being, i believe that the most entities you see exist in a more dense higher energy plane of existence and have bodies which consist of "higher" energy.
If everything is energy, then how can they not be "real"?

olympus mon
#52 Posted : 3/7/2012 8:21:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

interesting how the poll leaned to the NOT real side until it was revived. now its leaning towards REAL.

I for one went back and forth a couple times over the years of vaping dmt and aya. After my first contact i was blown away and was completely convinced they exist in some form of reality.
after a year on the nexus i wasnt so sure and had more of the agnostic stance for a couple years,(which btw really should have been an option in this poll to be accurate).
Then i had a really major break through one night and since then i do believe the entities are actual conciousness.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

tele
#53 Posted : 3/7/2012 8:59:02 PM
Explorer

I think there's no way to tell for sure but I believe they are as real as real can be.

kyrolima
#54 Posted : 3/8/2012 11:21:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

During a peak and a direct face to face contact it is VERY hard to believe that entities are NOT real.

To me it is determined by the way how much information is coming from this being.

I know that the mind is proven to make an "excuse" reaction while under influence of chemicals, but I am sure that if you try to explain everything trough chemicals and evolutionary circuitery -
the mind reasons itself until there is a pretty dumb-folded one-sided imagination process which reasons itself trough constant circular thinking.

Human being is much more than that!
So are entities which represent sometimes, NOT always, the nonphysical intelligences.

elusive illusion

PREV123