We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What should someone try first? Salvia vs DMT vs Mushrooms or? Options

grey7grey
#1 Posted : 3/2/2012 10:28:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so first off I've only done weed. I am really interested in DMT (SWIM doing an extraction now). A friend recommended trying salvia first, before DMT because DMT can be so intense. I've done a lot of research into DMT and some into salvia. People seems to have more problems on salvia then DMT when I read individual reports. So I am leery of trying salvia as my first psychoactive. Not sure if I should be worried though if I take it easy when trying it?

I might also be able to get some mushrooms (but that is a big maybe), so that could factor in to.

So can anyone compare Salvia vs DMT vs Mushrooms? Any thoughts on doing one of them before another? Are there any other psychoactives I should look into first before the others?

Cheers!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/2/2012 10:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

mushrooms and DMT..basically the same thing if you compare them orally..except for that oral DMT you need harmalas and then the expereince changes. The harmalas make it something else. If you could take DMT orally with a non-psychoactive maoi(if there is such a thing) I bet it would be almost identical to a good dose of mushrooms(assuming you have a strain that is high in psilocin/cybin and low in other alks).

Salvia is very very different and I would not reccomend it to someone unexperienced with other psychedelics.

I would say eat a gram of mushrooms. Smoking DMT though can be alot easier to deal with compared to oral tryptamines because if you panic it is over soo fast. I prefer oral tryptamines but vaping does have some advantages. You can also just brew a light ayahuasca brew to start.
Long live the unwoke.

Global
#3 Posted : 3/2/2012 10:48:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Salvia is an easier compound to physically smoke than DMT, and I've found many of my salvia experiences to be more intense than DMT experiences. They're can also tend to be (for me) more disorienting, confusing, uncomfortable, dysphoric...I would say you'd have a better shot of DMT treating you nicer than Salvia of an equivalent intensity level.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Walter D. Roy
#4 Posted : 3/3/2012 12:16:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If your really unsure of yourself and how you will take the experience I would take a light dose of shrooms just like Jamie said 1 gram to 2 grams of shrooms should give you a nice intro experience. I have never tried salvia but my friend did and I sat with him, he said it was a good experience but it was only 10x which is probably why. He did however freak out and was trying to jump through walls and stuff, something you might not want to be doing for a first.
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

arcanum
#5 Posted : 3/3/2012 12:34:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your friend could be right, the Salvia experience varies enormously with the dose. If you took 1/5th to 1/10th of a gram sublingual of x5 ext., you'd just notice a subtle effect. Smoking would be a different matter. ( it's an acquired taste for those that persevere) Upside, it's still legal in most places. Everyones wiring is different, if I tried weed ever again I'd be in a world of mental pain for a very long time, whereas DMT and Salvia are salutary for me.

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 3/3/2012 11:38:41 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

If I were them I'd take some mushrooms and go to the desert/mountains/woods/coast.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

kyrolima
#7 Posted : 3/3/2012 12:21:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can't expect anyone but yourself to give you that answer -
the way i started was with mushrooms.

elusive illusion

grey7grey
#8 Posted : 3/3/2012 2:49:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses. I did try a little salvia last night (only thing on hand last night), just a couple small hits. Nothing mind bending happened (didn't really want that), but there was a very noticeable, kind of a deep thought inducing effect. I liked it.

DMT will likely be the first thing I'll really try and I'll update this when it happens.

deeplake
#9 Posted : 3/3/2012 4:32:52 PM

turn on tune in drop out

grey7grey wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I did try a little salvia last night (only thing on hand last night), just a couple small hits. Nothing mind bending happened (didn't really want that), but there was a very noticeable, kind of a deep thought inducing effect. I liked it.

You get a good hit of sally and bye,bye... It seems like it's all or nothing with that. I'd vote for shrooms for a first timer though.
I have an overactive imagination, and am certifiably insane. So anything I post is purely fictional.

tele
#10 Posted : 3/3/2012 5:53:30 PM
Explorer

I'd say low dose of DMT. I don't like how mushrooms can affect thoughts, compared to "sober" witnessing of DMT experience. Also the short duration is great if things seem to be stronger than one can handle.
Changes in thoughts can make a sensitive person paranoid etc when first time tripping.

clearlyone
#11 Posted : 3/3/2012 6:07:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Started with Sally and was really finding her an excellent guide and teacher, but she was never the same again after spice. Somehow Sally never was able to open up spiritually the same way again. Consider working deeply with one guide for a while and knowing when it is truly time to find the next teacher. The power and depth of Sally is greatly missed. If your here, consider knowing it well before moving on. You might not get her back again. Sad
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

Purges
#12 Posted : 3/3/2012 6:29:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT was the last in a fairly long list of psychs for me... Mushrooms were my first, after Cannabis, if you count that as a psychedelic, which I am still on the fence about...

I tried Salvia about 3 times and the only time it really affected me it really kicked my butt, so be careful with that one!

Mushrooms were usually a good time for me, but nausea often prevailed and made what could have been an outstanding trip just a good one. In future I will certainly be working with the Lemon Tek to reduce / eliminate nausea. The stronger strains such as Cyanescens appeal to me more these days as I am more interested in hyperspatial journeys than recreational trips.

For me, DMT is the ultimate out of the above mentioned, it is so versatile, you can eat, smoalk, snort, plug etc, so there is a lot to experiment with from that perspective, but it makes me reluctant to go back to other substances as it is just so incredible. 90% of my experiences with Spice have been incredibly positive and nurturing, with the rest being incredibly weird, uncomfortable or just plain scary - but I think all of these substances have that potential, so I would go with which ever one you find most interesting. Be prepared for the unexpected and you'll be fine Wink I'm sure which ever it is will be a (3rd) eye opening experience! Best of luck!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

daedaloops
#13 Posted : 3/3/2012 9:20:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

arcanum wrote:
Everyones wiring is different, if I tried weed ever again I'd be in a world of mental pain for a very long time, whereas DMT and Salvia are salutary for me.

This is so true, it's amazing how differently different substances can work for different people. For me salvia has always been something very common and easy, even big doses, and I've never had any anxiety from it. Then again I've never had anything spiritual from it either. I think it's because I started smoking it before I even knew what psychedelics meant, and I had no expectations, it was just something that I smoked and it took me to cool or weird places.

With DMT it's been the total opposite, I was reading ALOT about it before having the first experience, and it made me really nervous and scared to try it. And when I did, the experiences were incredibly scary and mystical. Like it's alot harder to just let go because you're constantly comparing everything to what you've read, so your mind can go into some pretty anxious loops.

So I think your expectations alone can make a huge difference in what effects you get from something.

tlong20
#14 Posted : 3/4/2012 4:29:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would not recommend Salvia as a first psychdelic experience. My experience with the substance was 60x potency and sent me to another world much like DMT, but it was uncomfortable and very scary. All my friends that have shared the experience with Salvia agree with me when we say that this is an evil psychedelic. I have met very few to have good trips off of it, not that the others are bad, but not quite as enjoyable.

I would choose DMT for a first timer over salvia since you are doing your own extraction you will have a good yield hopefully letting you test it out. I would start with something around a .03 dose just to get the smallest effects and see what you're dealing with and once you come down you can up your dose or try again.

Before both of these, I would try mushrooms first though, it would definetly be easier to handle the only thing is if you find you did not enjoy it you would have to stick it out a much longer duration.

Kash
#15 Posted : 3/4/2012 5:00:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

I would definitly say go mushrooms for a first experience. For an effective experience you can eat a large amount or small amount and still have a great time. I would say mushrooms are the least pushy and edgy of the three choices, with great visuals and good psych.

DMT ofcourse is a great option too and is actually more visually active. You can completely lose track of reality very easily and meet entities. It is alot more in your face and pushy psychedelic that may not be so comfortable for new comers.

Salvia is just garbage in my opinion. It creates a very strong body high like feelings of vibration and heaviness that can even feel like pain sometimes. For me, it was not very visually active but more like a dissociative psychedelic of chaotic confusion. Man.. I couldve sworn I was just looking down at myself from the ceiling..

Boomies for newbies. DMT is a good option too. NO to salvia. Cool

--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

acacian
#16 Posted : 3/4/2012 5:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
DMT was the last in a fairly long list of psychs for me... Mushrooms were my first, after Cannabis, if you count that as a psychedelic, which I am still on the fence about...

I tried Salvia about 3 times and the only time it really affected me it really kicked my butt, so be careful with that one!

Mushrooms were usually a good time for me, but nausea often prevailed and made what could have been an outstanding trip just a good one. In future I will certainly be working with the Lemon Tek to reduce / eliminate nausea. The stronger strains such as Cyanescens appeal to me more these days as I am more interested in hyperspatial journeys than recreational trips.

For me, DMT is the ultimate out of the above mentioned, it is so versatile, you can eat, smoalk, snort, plug etc, so there is a lot to experiment with from that perspective, but it makes me reluctant to go back to other substances as it is just so incredible. 90% of my experiences with Spice have been incredibly positive and nurturing, with the rest being incredibly weird, uncomfortable or just plain scary - but I think all of these substances have that potential, so I would go with which ever one you find most interesting. Be prepared for the unexpected and you'll be fine Wink I'm sure which ever it is will be a (3rd) eye opening experience! Best of luck!

yeah i feel the same way about going back to other substances. its been months since my last mushroom trip. and acid just doesn't feel the same for me anymore, i feel it actually brings out my ego rather than relieving me of it. I am keen for a really deep mushroom trip soon myself, and would like to smoke a good dose of changa either during the peak or the plateau.

was wondering if anyone can describe the nature of the visions on salvia? I am told it is much differen't from other psychedelics. A friend of mine said he found it a little more dissociative. Is the geometry, trails, ego dissolution generally part of the experience? or is it a differen't feeling all together? I'd like to try salvia. unfortunately it is illegal in Australia and i don't know anywhere to get it.

Whoamiii111
#17 Posted : 3/4/2012 6:15:40 AM

Who Am I?

grey7grey wrote:
Ok, so first off I've only done weed. I am really interested in DMT (SWIM doing an extraction now). A friend recommended trying salvia first, before DMT because DMT can be so intense. I've done a lot of research into DMT and some into salvia. People seems to have more problems on salvia then DMT when I read individual reports. So I am leery of trying salvia as my first psychoactive. Not sure if I should be worried though if I take it easy when trying it?

I might also be able to get some mushrooms (but that is a big maybe), so that could factor in to.

So can anyone compare Salvia vs DMT vs Mushrooms? Any thoughts on doing one of them before another? Are there any other psychoactives I should look into first before the others?

Cheers!

hey grey7grey,

thanks for making this topic. im in the exact boat as you. only done weed and somehow got directed to this website through one guy i talked to. im interested in DMT, Salvia, magic mushrooms, ayauyasca(form of dmt) and dont know where to start first.
do you want to learn how to Astral Travel? there is a FREE ebook you can get, which works! I have tested it myself. watch the video, and follow directions in the description box

http://youtu.be/dmKQG9l7QKc

acacian
#18 Posted : 3/4/2012 12:15:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i can't comment on salvia, although the mushroom experience can be absolutely mindblowing. i have attained some really beautiful states on shrooms. they have a really deep egyptian/mayan flavour for me too. DMT has strong similarities to the psilocybin experience as it is a closely related compound, although it is much more intense generally. it is an experience that requires absolute surrender, but one which can also teach you surrender if you don't quite understand how to apply it beforehand. DMT has been my saving grace over the past couple years, and i continue to experiment with it to this day and am sure will do so until the day i depart from my body for good. it is a loving teacher if you show it the reverence and respect it deserves, and can be quite a nasty one if you don't show it that respect. As far as a comparison between DMT and psilocybin mushrooms, i find mushrooms to be like a glimpse of the dimensions DMT will take you to (high doses can get you pretty damn close though)... but that is not to say they are not a highly powerful teacher in themselves!
Oh, and don't forget mescaline.... a gentle and loving teacher ladling one with fresh and ecstatic sensations that rise as ones recognises them. but once again... must be taken with care and respect.
Its a toss up between these three for me for a first timer. DMT whilst much more intense in nature, is also a very forgiving and loving experience when taken with an open attitude and will to surrender (and remember, you can start low on the doses too to get more comfortable with the feeling). Psilocybin is just fantastic. It is capable of teaching one much about the nature of the universe and the nature of oneself and is a great starter psychedelic in my opinion. Start low with the dose too so you can get to know them- high dose mushroom trips are extremely intense, and a first timer may feel overwhelmed by the sensations.

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 3/4/2012 12:31:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia - Takes a lot of time to get it working properly, can be very strange and foreign in a confusing/disturbing way, tends to be dark for me and neither disphoric or euphoric. My experiences have been very fascinating. It is not to be dismissed, but in my opinion NOT a good way to start.

Mushrooms - In my experience are gentle in low to mid doses, comeup can be rough sometimes. Also requieres you to take some precautions. A good set and setting enables you to have a good experience. They can be euphoric and empathic....would be a good choice.

DMT - High doses can be very shocking in a good and negative way. Lower/mid doses are also a good choice. Short duration, very very visual compared to mushrooms...shopws you what's possible. My first psychedelic, i do not regret it.

I would say either 1-2g mushrooms lemon tek, or 20-25mg DMT.

rOm
#20 Posted : 3/4/2012 1:01:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would vouch for mushrooms in low-medium dose a good first choice.
too much breaking open the head at first might be disorientating.
but all depends of doses and set and setting of course.
high dose of mushroom is very challenging, more so than low dose of salvia or dmt.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

12NEXT