We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
[WANTED] New forum Banners Options

Wax
#21 Posted : 3/2/2012 6:45:04 PM

LUVR

If anyone has any of their OWN pictures of our magical plant friends it would be awesome if they posted them here for any of us to use in the banner.
I would like to fit a couple more plants into the banner I am working on, mainly peyote and salvia and some whole or shredded pieces of root bark but I can't find any free images of them.
Thanks!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Electric Kool-Aid
#22 Posted : 3/2/2012 7:56:55 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Here is an idea! Have a different banner for each section. Then that will leave the doors open for many entries to get picked.
Another idea is to have a rotating banner, like there are 5-10 banners that could be changing every time we visit.
Yet another idea.... An swf flash banner that animates! But won't work on iPhone and iPad.

Or better yet! It changes based on how high you are Very happy
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

onethousandk
#23 Posted : 3/3/2012 12:31:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Something quick and dirty; created from open source NASA images:

Edit: uploaded second version to meet new specs.

Edit 2: added sacred geometry and increased text size
onethousandk attached the following image(s):
nexus banner.jpg (169kb) downloaded 485 time(s).

Wax
#24 Posted : 3/3/2012 4:47:33 AM

LUVR

Here is mine, there was a few things I wanted to put in but couldn't find any royalty free images for such as some traditional ayahuasca artwork and some cacti and vine pictures.
I threw in the butterflies and jaguar for some aya symbology.
Hope ya like it!
Wax attached the following image(s):
Dmt Nexus.png (729kb) downloaded 910 time(s).
Dmt Nexus 02.png (707kb) downloaded 1,807 time(s).
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

a1pha
#25 Posted : 3/3/2012 4:57:32 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Loving this thread and the art coming from it!

Very happy
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

MooshyPeaches
#26 Posted : 3/3/2012 5:17:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

looking forward to more banners!! Very happy Very happy

obliguhl
#27 Posted : 3/3/2012 8:59:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler
#28 Posted : 3/3/2012 12:09:23 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I really like both entries! Very happy

Here are a few new things that popped up:

FONT

The first thing I like to ask all who will make a banner is that if it is possible, to make a version of their banner with the font that is currently used for "DMT-NEXUS" in the current banner.

I have included the freeware font in the first post of this thread.

ASPECT RATIO

One other thing that caught my eye: the aspect ratio. I have said that I liked to have a banner with the aspect ratio of 5:1 but after seeing the banner from archaic_architect I have to admit I really like the smaller height ratio!

The aspect ratio of the banner from archaic_architect is 7.66666:1 and I would like all who are making banners to please keep to this aspect ratio. The main reason for this is that I want to rotate the banners on the forum while the competition is going on.

onethousandk, it is possible for you to change the aspect ratio on your banner?

DEADLINE

Since I do not want to push people into working too hard and give space for those that can only work on a banner later on, I have set the deadline for the admittance of the banners at May 31.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Tordyveln
#29 Posted : 3/3/2012 1:37:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about putting in a hidden Dmt molecule in the banner. Kind of like this:

(Only works on laptops)

Everything I write as Tordyveln is made up. I lie all the time.

"Thanks so far for being patient, no doubt you obviously share our contempt for the 1984 Gestapo Mordor Matrix agents style gits that are fucking up our world." - Pissed off mimosa seller

The Traveler
#30 Posted : 3/3/2012 1:47:43 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Tordyveln wrote:
How about putting in a hidden Dmt molecule in the banner. Kind of like this:

(Only works on laptops)

Nice idea! (Though I already love the semi-hidden DMT molecule in the banner from archaic_architect)

Kind regards,

The Traveler

SWIMfriend
#31 Posted : 3/3/2012 6:00:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! Both offerings are EXCELLENT.

What's especially good about them, IMO is:
1) They don't rely on "stereotypic" psychedelic images. It's GREAT to avoid cliche when trying to move in a new direction
2) They are both relatively SIMPLE. I have NO TALENT myself for designing such things--but one thing I've learned is that trying to put TOO MUCH into such things is a common amateur mistake; and never works well.

jamie
#32 Posted : 3/3/2012 6:40:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

archaic_architect wrote:
If anyone has any of their OWN pictures of our magical plant friends it would be awesome if they posted them here for any of us to use in the banner.
I would like to fit a couple more plants into the banner I am working on, mainly peyote and salvia and some whole or shredded pieces of root bark but I can't find any free images of them.
Thanks!

I can get a photo of one of my small mimosa hostilis trees if that will work..try to get it later today.
Long live the unwoke.

Wax
#33 Posted : 3/3/2012 7:08:02 PM

LUVR

Tordyveln, I like the hidden molecule idea even though I can't see it!
Jamie that would be great, I don't know if I'll be able to use it for sure I tried putting in a little mimosa and it wasn't quite working. It would be cool if you could get some close ups of the leave tips as well, thanks!

SWIMfriend
#34 Posted : 3/3/2012 7:32:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

archaic_architect wrote:
I like the hidden molecule idea even though I can't see it!

You can easily see it on a stationary display by moving your head up and down in relation to the screen. I see it by moving so that I'm at about a 45 degree angle BELOW the screen.

jamie
#35 Posted : 3/3/2012 8:39:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

archaic_architect wrote:
Tordyveln, I like the hidden molecule idea even though I can't see it!
Jamie that would be great, I don't know if I'll be able to use it for sure I tried putting in a little mimosa and it wasn't quite working. It would be cool if you could get some close ups of the leave tips as well, thanks!

I can for sure get some close ups of the leaf tips on the new growth where the leaves are very green.
Long live the unwoke.

jslattum
#36 Posted : 3/4/2012 2:35:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's mine

jslattum attached the following image(s):
banner.jpg (1,776kb) downloaded 731 time(s).

Ice House
#37 Posted : 3/4/2012 3:12:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

jslattum wrote:
Here's mine

You have my vote!

Bravo!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

SWIMfriend
#38 Posted : 3/4/2012 4:03:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really like the font on that, jslattum!

ms_manic_minxx
#39 Posted : 3/4/2012 6:01:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really am attached to the current banner because it's like a travel brochure to hyperspace. I had never been to hyperspace: I wanted to learn to extract: I had to come back every single day and READ READ READ STUDY STUDY STUDY, while looking at that maddening picture at the top of the page.

So, I think if we do elect a new banner, it might do well to be something like a "travel brochure" to hyperspace. That's why visionary art is so wonderful, it's all postcards from the other side.

The other banners are very nice, but I think more could be added to changed to make people envision the unspeakable world of vision. More intrigue! Why DO we see sacred geometry?

With love. <3

Edit: Or better put, there needs to be some kind of graphic encapsulation of where graduation can take us. Twisted Evil
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Electric Kool-Aid
#40 Posted : 3/4/2012 6:25:05 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

I too think it should relate to hyperspace somewhat. This whole education thing is nice, but kind of deturing from what DMT is really about. I think of how I would make a banner and try to think of education and stuff... The only thing I can come up with is hyperspace thoughts of entities, cool worlds and trippy visuals.
If it really is turning in to education, chemistry and whatever else it was to be. Then maybe my idea of having a banner for the front and then each main section gets a banner relating to that section. It could really be a nice way to welcome people to each section. Then it could be related to what section you are in. Makes sense, more work, but I think a lot of people are in to helping out. Just tell us what you want.

So then it could be the enducation on the front. Then each section gets its own banner. The DMT section would have some trippy DMT enhanced picture on it. Then the teks could have chemistry theme. And so on...

Smile
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

PREV1234NEXT»