We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
[WANTED] New forum Banners Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 3/1/2012 5:21:36 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi people,

Soon the DMT-Nexus will go through some changes and move into a new direction. We will move from "explorations of the the spirit molecule" towards "Entheogenic University: learn, share and expand".

With this new 'slogan' it will be clear that the DMT-Nexus will move towards a place where people can get more education about entheogens, undertaking a journey, extractions, chemistry and where new research of entheogens is taking place. We are already like this but we never spoke out for it and besides, it will also send out a good message to any new members to show what the DMT-Nexus is about: A place for learning and growing.

So because of this we have to change the slogan on the banner. The original file for the banner is gone so this is also a perfect moment to change the banner of the forum completely into something new and refreshing too. So with this post I like to call out all artists on the DMT-Nexus to work on a new banner and submit it as a candidate.

LOOKS AND 'INGREDIENTS'

This new banner needs to have a few themes in it:
* Entheogenic University
* Learn, share and expand (showing that this is for learning and growing)
* Psychedelics
* Inviting
* Art (your own and not any copyrighted art!)

Also, it has to look clean and mean, it has to be a jewel for the eye and of course, it has to fit in with the DMT-Nexus.

FONT

The first thing I like to ask all who will make a banner is that if it is possible, to make a version of their banner with the font that is currently used for "DMT-NEXUS" in the current banner.

I have included the freeware font in the first post of this thread.

ASPECT RATIO (SIZE)

We need a banner that is smaller height wise as the current one (the current one is quite big and soupes up a too large portion of the screen).
The aspect ratio of the banner should be 7.66666:1.

For example. if the width of your banner is 2500 pixels wide then your height should be: 2500 / 7.66666 = 326 pixels.

This is done since in the future the size of the forum might change and with this I can easily change the banners to the new required size. So make sure that you submit a very large banner (like the 2500 pixels wide one with a height of 326 pixels).

DEADLINE

There will be no deadline, keep bringing in those nice new banners. Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 3/1/2012 6:25:23 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Sounds good to me

I'd love to see one made by nexians, and this may be a fanciful idea,- but would it be possible to drop a line in with someone like android jones and see if they're up for the challenge as well? Very happy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Wax
#3 Posted : 3/1/2012 6:31:49 PM

LUVR

Well I was thinking about trying it until I heard Android Jones was going to compete!

What is the criteria for the art being "your own" does that mean it must be completely created from scratch or can it be manipulated stock images that aren't copyrighted?
This sounds like fun I might give it a go.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 3/1/2012 6:52:04 PM

"No, seriously"

universecannon wrote:
Sounds good to me

I'd love to see one made by nexians, and this may be a fanciful idea,- but would it be possible to drop a line in with someone like android jones and see if they're up for the challenge as well? Very happy

It might indeed be a nice idea to ask this! Does anyone have connection with this person?

archaic_architect wrote:
What is the criteria for the art being "your own" does that mean it must be completely created from scratch or can it be manipulated stock images that aren't copyrighted?
This sounds like fun I might give it a go.

It's is important that we do not have copyrighted material for the banner. So yes, only use art that is free to use and spread.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Vodsel
#5 Posted : 3/1/2012 7:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

The Traveler wrote:
universecannon wrote:
Sounds good to me

It might indeed be a nice idea to ask this! Does anyone have connection with this person?

Google does Razz
http://www.androidjones.com/contact/

And if we want to tease interesting artists, we might drop Andy Thomas a line as well.

semios
#6 Posted : 3/1/2012 8:02:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trav - and others - is there any chance that in this change you might also change from white-text-on-black to the more common and MUCH more readable black-text-on-white-or-light-background? I don't know about others, but when somebody posts more than a paragraph or two on here, I have trouble getting through it as white text on black.

If white on black is working for everyone else, I'll keep quiet.

۩
#7 Posted : 3/1/2012 8:04:13 PM

semios wrote:
Trav - and others - is there any chance that in this change you might also change from white-text-on-black to the more common and MUCH more readable black-text-on-white-or-light-background? I don't know about others, but when somebody posts more than a paragraph or two on here, I have trouble getting through it as white text on black.

Check your settings, there are other themes to use.

a1pha
#8 Posted : 3/1/2012 8:04:17 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

semios wrote:

Try the ASPnet theme. Just what you're looking for.

My Profile > Theme

EDIT: Trav, when you're making this banner change could you maybe consider a "Disable banner" option? I love the banner, but there are times I'd like this site to look like any other without the flashy psychedelic colours.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

The Traveler
#9 Posted : 3/1/2012 8:09:16 PM

"No, seriously"

a1pha wrote:

EDIT: Trav, when you're making this banner change could you maybe consider a "Disable banner" option? I love the banner, but there are times I'd like this site to look like any other without the flashy psychedelic colours.

Yes, that would be an option to make.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 3/1/2012 8:27:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What are the exact dimensions you're looking for?

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 3/1/2012 8:32:15 PM

"No, seriously"

Uncle Knucles wrote:
What are the exact dimensions you're looking for?

An aspect ratio of about 5:1 would be nice. And having a big picture that I can resize would be perfect.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Orion
#12 Posted : 3/1/2012 9:16:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If android jones does it, we are SCREWED lol, the guy is god of PS psychedelia.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

onethousandk
#13 Posted : 3/2/2012 2:27:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a timeline for this? I'd love to contribute, but I'm in my final semester so I'm a bit booked until the middle of May.

۩
#14 Posted : 3/2/2012 2:34:06 AM

Here's my minimal contribution to get the ball rolling. I don't expect it to get chosen, but I like it. Cool Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! I am also looking forward to saying goodbye to this old banner Razz
۩ attached the following image(s):
112.jpg (141kb) downloaded 4,057 time(s).

ayalove
#15 Posted : 3/2/2012 3:12:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeeeeeees house that banner fills me with cosy euphoria
"for as long as there is love and light; I will fight for what is right; as a warrior with all my might; I will guarantee that hope shines bright" --Prayer of the Paladin

"If you labor, you are a "laborer", If you work on a farm, you are a "farmer", If you flow, you are a "flower""--Forest Sage

Community, Love and Passion Smile

semios
#16 Posted : 3/2/2012 3:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Woah! Genius!! I can read the Nexus so much better in the ASPnet theme! Thanks!

tigerstrike92
#17 Posted : 3/2/2012 3:25:38 AM

Homo-divinorum

This is awesome. I really like the idea of the banner expressing knowledge towards all entheogens. (Not to take away from THE molecule, that is.Smile )
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Infinite I
#18 Posted : 3/2/2012 11:28:25 AM

JC

I love the current banner but change is good and this site does talk about all psychedelics. Like your banner house but I would prefer something similiar to what we have because it does look like dmt and dmt is the ultimate ime

smokerx
#19 Posted : 3/2/2012 11:38:06 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

۩ wrote:
Here's my minimal contribution to get the ball rolling. I don't expect it to get chosen, but I like it. Cool Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! I am also looking forward to saying goodbye to this old banner Razz

I like that , how about make that molecule darker a bit like more orange, so it stands out more ?
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

۩
#20 Posted : 3/2/2012 5:51:24 PM

smokerx wrote:
۩ wrote:

I like that , how about make that molecule darker a bit like more orange, so it stands out more ?

How about No. ^.^

123NEXT»