We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Protesting for full cannabis legalization. Options

Voidwalk
#1 Posted : 2/28/2012 8:11:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How many of you folk would do this? Given our state of free knowledge, do you think it would turn out effective?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TheDarkPickle
#2 Posted : 2/28/2012 8:55:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You mean protesting in favor of full legalization? Totally think itll be effective.

16 states are medical
17!!!! are applying for medical in 2012
(34 would be more than half Very happy)
Washington and colorado both are trying for full on legalization.

I would be surprised if the feds and select states dont legalize within 10 years. (hopefully 5 but all depends on who gets elected and how congress goes down)

But im hopefully Smile

Now everyone loves weed and constantly harps on it being illegal. I could see dmt, lsd, mescaline, etc etc other drugs being illegal for a long time because they wont have the same force and money behind them.

7Entities
#3 Posted : 2/28/2012 9:11:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have signed a petition for my state for legalization. I also saw that for the first time there is more wanting it legal then not. So its all about momentum now i guess.

Purges
#4 Posted : 2/28/2012 10:40:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I'm all for it, unfortunately it aint gonna happen any time soon in the UK Sad
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tony
#5 Posted : 2/28/2012 10:52:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
Yeah I'm all for it, unfortunately it aint gonna happen any time soon in the UK Sad

Maybe after the 2014 referendum my (perhaps soon to be former) part of the UK will have a different view on the subject from the muppets in westminster, lol. Unlikely though. I don't particularly care about the subject, I don't smoke weed and when I did it being illegal never caused any significant problem, so I wouldn't protest this issue myself... but in principle I am completely in favour of legalizing it, and everything else for that matter (in terms of prohibited states of consciousness).
-ะฏ ฮž โˆš ฮฉ L U T โ†‘ Ø N-

Purges
#6 Posted : 2/28/2012 11:20:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For me its about not being marginalised and judged by society for enjoying and using an incredibly useful and harmless plant. The issue seems to grow within me to the point where I have to do something about it, because i am sure as heck not going to stop using this wonderful stuff just because some numpty in a suit who has never even tried it decides he knows best what I can and can't put into my body. Really winds me up to think of it :evil:

tony
#7 Posted : 2/28/2012 11:30:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
For me its about not being marginalised and judged by society for enjoying and using an incredibly useful and harmless plant. The issue seems to grow within me to the point where I have to do something about it, because i am sure as heck not going to stop using this wonderful stuff just because some numpty in a suit who has never even tried it decides he knows best what I can and can't put into my body. Really winds me up to think of it :evil:

I hear ya on that definitely. It's always good to try and remember that a huge proportion of people in society (except the ones who fit under a very strict definition of normal) are marginalized in some way or another. Whether it's because they smoke weed, are gay, are of a differing race/religion/culture from the majority, unemployed, are mentally ill or even just people who don't want to conform to the status quo in terms of what they wear... I know very few people who don't fall into some category under which they can be marginalized. As long as you are happy with your choices then fuck those who want to single out and discriminate, in whatever form, against things they are ignorant of.

I would say though that, from my perspective, cannabis wasn't incredibly useful and harmless.... it was almost useless and definitely harmful. That's just my own experiences though and I know plenty of people who are in the same boat as you with it. Something being potentially harmful is no basis for it being made illegal and it's users stigmatized.

Purges
#8 Posted : 2/28/2012 11:44:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are always two sides to every coin of course, but I am glad that there are those who, like you, have had less than positive experience with it who see the potential for others.

You are also right about the marginalisation, I just wish I didn't have to think "fuck the others" - that's not how I want to think of or treat other people, regardless of how narrow minded they are. It runs against my spiritual and personal beliefs.

tony
#9 Posted : 2/28/2012 12:02:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it's probably healthier not to just think "fuck them". Bit reactionary on my part perhaps, lol. I guess I just meant "disregard their ignorance" but ideally it would be better to educate them. I think with the amount of information available to people nowadays it should be getting more difficult for people to be ignorant of something as well documented as cannabis... evidently this is not the case though.

Purges
#10 Posted : 2/28/2012 1:04:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well i think it is now down to people like me to make sure that the tides change, and start to apply some pressure on those 'in power'.

Ice House
#11 Posted : 2/28/2012 3:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Its not a matter of IF, its a matter of WHEN here in the USA. Just a couple more years.

Big business is slowly buying off the politicians. Greed and corruption will win out. There is allot of money being lost by the pharmacutical companies right now.

Those living in the USA will wake up one morning and turn on the news and hear that prohibition is over.

I believe this. I support it, I dont hide the fact that I support it. I am not an activist.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.