We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Chaliponga Grow Log Options

Pony On A Rainbow
#21 Posted : 11/29/2011 12:31:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't be shy to pinch the new growth on top. I accidentally damaged the top and a few days later the vine branched out.
This plant can not be stopped Smile
Live and Let Live.
Humility Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dan
#22 Posted : 12/19/2011 12:54:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well my chaliponga arrived. they appear to be shipping them differently now days than they were when dreamer got his. mine arrived with the roots grown in an inorganic growing medium that was still wet. it did arrive with all the leaves dead and fallen off, but wasn't nearly as dried as dreamer's.

i went ahead and just potted it up. its been 9 days now and im having decent growth. weird thing is that the new growth is not coming off the tip of the stem, but off the 2nd node from the top. it has 2 growth tips, one on each side of the node. i figured it would just grow a new tip on the top, not two from the 2nd node from the top.

dreamer gave me the okay to post some pics of my new friend here in this thread, so ill be adding some pics of her soon. be sure to check back.
Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!

Parshvik Chintan
#23 Posted : 12/19/2011 4:13:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Zion wrote:
i figured it would just grow a new tip on the top, not two from the 2nd node from the top.

in time it may grow from there too..
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Dan
#24 Posted : 12/19/2011 7:59:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
Zion wrote:
i figured it would just grow a new tip on the top, not two from the 2nd node from the top.

in time it may grow from there too..

you would think it would but i have a feeling i won't get top growth.

im getting my second set of leaves currently on one of the growth tips, and on the other side of that you can see the growth tip is forming leaves.

ill get some pics up here by tonight when i get home. Laughing

BecometheOther
#25 Posted : 12/19/2011 8:05:51 PM

metamorhpasizer

any pics of your plant now dreamoar
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

rahlii
#26 Posted : 12/21/2011 9:09:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good work folks.

I have grown this plant from the seed provided by this vendor as I can't import plants or dried materials where I live. This is a real shame as I would have brought the chaliponga leaves also from the vendor to first determine the potential of this species before investing so much time growing these seeds out. The 6 vines are a year old and I have made one small test brew of 5 g of leaf with 40g vine but it was not active so I had to ride out a horrid vine only brewShocked. I figure it could be for a number of reasons first being that the vines are young or I brewed insufficient material. It could also result from a weak individual plant as all the test material was sourced from one plant. I soon plan to do an x when I have more older material and figure out a yield.

The vines that I am growing have large hairy leaves. Can someone please do me a favor and order some chaliponga leaves with their next order, brew them up and give everyone investing in this species an idea of her potential as an Ayahuasca source plant.

Thanks.
rahlii attached the following image(s):
chali3.jpg (281kb) downloaded 414 time(s).
From where is the noise?

Dan
#27 Posted : 12/24/2011 5:44:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i wouldnt worry about their chaliponga, theres viridis ia active so id assume their chaliponga would also be.

also you didn't wait nearly enough time before harvesting and testing it out, its still a young vine, its going a need a few years under its belt before it really starts to pick up potency.

ill get pics of mine up soon enough, just not enough to really show yet. looks like dreamers first pic or two.

rahlii
#28 Posted : 12/24/2011 9:16:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice Zion.

The leaves were harvested from two base vine sections that I layer propagated while still very young. These section were too young to propagate in the usual manner but produced roots while layered for a couple of months. I have only so far cloned this individual plant as I figure that its form of putting out long vines low down on the stem is ideal for cloning her.

As the remainder of the vine sections above the layer cutting was too thin to do a normal graft I decided to harvest the leaves to make a small test brew before giving the clones to my local ethnobotanical plant supplier. As you can imagine he is eager to know what the potential of the vine is before he puts to much effort into making the plant available and to also avoid controversy, which could kill her without a chance.

I would love to wait a few years to do a test but there are folks waiting to receive her and in the name of critical thinking they want to know with little doubt that she is true. I have watched a perfectly good source plant be near destroyed by controversy in the past and had to rescue her quickly by making yeild data available after only 10 and a half months of growth. I don't want this to happen to this plant so plan to have her activity all sorted before she is widely know about.

I have made a thread about this project over here - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=304632#post304632

If anyone is willing to help make this knowledge available please join in the discussion.
From where is the noise?

Dan
#29 Posted : 1/29/2012 8:10:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright so finally got around to taking a few pics of my chaliponga. I had not realised until reviewing the pics that some of the leaves tips were slightly burned, nothing too bad, but its there. It has been growing pretty steady for being winter and being grown on a windowsill. Probably important to note that it has been a very warm winter here, and usually is anyway here in florida. I have had the window open most days and close at night when it gets into the 50-60s. (cold for florida)

Anyway, here is my baby girl. Few different angles to show top, side, and how it grew from the second node. It may be hard to see but if you look close enough youll see the growth tip is coming from the 2nd node on one side, the other side had a growth tip too but it never grew after the other side became the dominate side. I never removed the little leaves and
I hope you can see and understand what I am saying.

Happy growing

Dan attached the following image(s):
chalitop.JPG (415kb) downloaded 360 time(s).
chalilighter.JPG (280kb) downloaded 355 time(s).
2ndnode.JPG (260kb) downloaded 356 time(s).
chali.JPG (324kb) downloaded 358 time(s).

xantho
#30 Posted : 1/30/2012 11:55:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful pics! Thanks for sharing Smile

"Becoming a person of the plants is not a learning process, it is a remembering process. Somewhere in our ancestral line, there was someone that lived deeply connected to the Earth, the Elements, the Sun, Moon and Stars. That ancestor lives inside our DNA, dormant, unexpressed, waiting to be remembered and brought back to life to show us the true nature of our indigenous soul" - Sajah Popham.

Dan
#31 Posted : 1/30/2012 5:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks.

Can't wait for her to get older. Impressed by her fast recovery and growth for just being on a windowsill in winter. (traveled 2 weeks from peru with no water and lost all its leaves.)

Looking forward to seeing how dreamer's chali has progressed, perhaps he'll share soon enough. Very happy

jamie
#32 Posted : 2/25/2012 6:23:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but dreamer, it would seem that what you have is not true chaliponga..but actaully seems to possibly be Alicia anisopetala, which is in the Malpighiaceae family of plants and does seem to be used by curranderos as either ayahuasca or admixture(not sure which)..

You should read this whole thread..

http://forums.ayahuasca....amp;t=26779&start=45

Interesting..I would not be too put off though. That seems to be a very rare ayahuasca vine if it is what you have and for sure something to have in your collection..

I ordered some Banisteriopsis Muricata(white) seeds from them the other day..but was informed by another person that when germinated they seem to be neither banisteriopsis caapi or muricata..and also not diploterys..but seems to be another kind of ayahuasca curranderos use..I will find out I guess.

Kiwiboancaya seems to have alot of interesting stuff that is hard to find anywhere else..I can imagine with all the confusion and lack of knowledge surrounding the ID of all of these different plants(as we can see with the bulk of what people are calling "chaliponga" leaves on the market) that it can be easy to misidentify these things.
Long live the unwoke.

Dan
#33 Posted : 2/26/2012 3:45:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
Sorry to bring up such an old thread but dreamer, it would seem that what you have is not true chaliponga..but actaully seems to possibly be Alicia anisopetala, which is in the Malpighiaceae family of plants and does seem to be used by curranderos as either ayahuasca or admixture(not sure which)..

You should read this whole thread..

http://forums.ayahuasca....amp;t=26779&start=45

Interesting..I would not be too put off though. That seems to be a very rare ayahuasca vine if it is what you have and for sure something to have in your collection..

I ordered some Banisteriopsis Muricata(white) seeds from them the other day..but was informed by another person that when germinated they seem to be neither banisteriopsis caapi or muricata..and also not diploterys..but seems to be another kind of ayahuasca curranderos use..I will find out I guess.

Kiwiboancaya seems to have alot of interesting stuff that is hard to find anywhere else..I can imagine with all the confusion and lack of knowledge surrounding the ID of all of these different plants(as we can see with the bulk of what people are calling "chaliponga" leaves on the market) that it can be easy to misidentify these things.

would you say my chaliponga looks legit jamie? i too ordered from the same source and just assumed it was actual diplopterys cabrerana. any thoughts on my pics?

rOm
#34 Posted : 2/26/2012 4:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If it was banisteriopsis muricata that wouldn't be a bad thing though, as it seems to contain both harmalas and spice in good ratio (enough so that you'd brew around 50 grams for a brew.
I'm actually quite fascinated by all those different tropicals vines. You guys are lucky to grow them, I look forward to join in the greenhouse !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

dreamer042
#35 Posted : 4/7/2012 2:35:38 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Update:
The vendor has positively identified these plants as Alicia anisopetala which is a quite an interesting plant all it's own. Not quite the elusive Diplopterys cabrerana, but it is out there somewhere and the vendor has promised to find it for us eventually. Smile
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jamie
#36 Posted : 4/7/2012 2:40:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^lucky you! So you have black ayahuasca that can make a full brew all from 1 plant.. Alicia is one plant I want to grow..I have a few kilos of alicia vine here now so that will be interesting..and the leaves are active as an admixture as well! Seems like a good plant to grow!
Long live the unwoke.

Dan
#37 Posted : 4/8/2012 1:07:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
^lucky you! So you have black ayahuasca that can make a full brew all from 1 plant.. Alicia is one plant I want to grow..I have a few kilos of alicia vine here now so that will be interesting..and the leaves are active as an admixture as well! Seems like a good plant to grow!

Hey Jamie,

Please do come back here and let us know how brewing the anisopetala goes. I too purchased the same plant as chaliponga but it turns out its Alicia anisopetala, but I am actually happy about that, seems to be very rare and not well known as of yet.

Plants <3

PREV12