We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Swim's first extraction (A. confusa) Options

TheMindBender
#1 Posted : 1/24/2012 3:48:57 AM

"Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

Swim and his friend just harvested from their first extraction a few days back, and all turned out well.

General method: DMT Handbook

Began with 500 gs of Acacia Confusa inner root bark.
Put it little by little into a blender. Worked well.

Filled up a pan with the grounded up bark then added acidified water of a ph around 3 (using Phosphoric acid).
Cooked the bark for about 1.5 hours at a time with 3 different rounds (don't think we had to top off the water during the process).
Combined the 3 rounds of acidified water (using milk container) and kept bark for possible future use.
That ends the first night.

The second night they boiled the water down to make the amount of liquid more manageable and to make it more concentrated.
After being rewarmed they basified the water using Sodium hydroxide to a ph of around 13.
Then prepared the solvent.
They added the Naptha (exact amount escapes me at the moment, will edit later if I come across it again... but I believe they may have used a tad too much).
Began shaking in 1 minute intervals with 1 minute air out breaks between. Shook vigorously 9 times.
After letting the concoction sit and separate they siphoned the base out then carefully poured as much naphtha off as possible. Once they got the levels down they used a turkey baster to further separate the two liquids.
Repeated that process 3 more times. The 2nd time shaking 6 times and the last round 8 times.

Once they collected all of the naptha there was, just barely, some darker colored liquid floating at the bottom so they separated it again (and probably lost a tad of naphtha/dmt in the process).
They poured the naphtha in a large glass bowl and covered it with tin foil (didn't rubber band it to make it air tight which they may do next time).
Set the large bowl in the freezer and then they let it mellow out for about 2 days (two nights and one day). When they opened the freezer the second day they saw more crystals than they were expected (though since it was their first time they didn't quite know what to expect).

They quickly removed it from the freezer and poured out the naphtha (losing a few tiny crystals but not a substantial amount), turned it upside down on top of two bowls and let it drip dry for about and hour and a half (occasionally blowing a fan through the gap between the turned over bowl and the table it was raised above).
They put the remaining naphtha in the freezer to see if anything else could be salvaged.

In the end they got a turn out of over 3 grams (maybe 3.25 to 3.5), not including the dmt we could retrieve off of the curves of the bowl.
The crystals were entirely white except for the very bottom (where it was still slightly moist) where it had a reddish tint to it. They ended up not using much of the redder dmt.
Starting with 500 grams of bark and ending with 3.25 grams gave us roughly a yield of .65%

Their next endeavor they may do a few things differently and may purchase some better equipment to make things more precise but they are pleased with the outcome.
Smells like dmt.
Tested it with some friends and it definitely does what it's supposed to!

Thanks for reading! If the community has any helpful hints they'd like to share it would be appreciated.

“Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TheMindBender
#2 Posted : 1/24/2012 3:53:14 AM

"Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

I'll also add that swim will probably upload pictures, after his next endeavor, of his results.
“Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

nen888
#3 Posted : 1/24/2012 3:57:27 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..that's great, thanks TheMindBender!..all-round good sounding acacia technique..
also sounds like you're not getting much if any NMT (yellow>reddy brown, slower crystalizing or oily) so that's good to know for the general info. of the community..though NMT's not a problem if present, experientially..

Gowpen
#4 Posted : 1/25/2012 1:37:42 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Great thread, Thanks sooo much for the interest in Acacia, coz Acacia is all I got... Looking for Acuminata (WA) Just to make you all smile, I did 5 long and careful yet ardious extractions on acacia podalyriifolia after reading a great post on Trout's notes
http://www.largelyaccurateinfor..._Acacia_revision2004.pdf

3 x STB leaves, seed pods and Bark, then 2 using A/B with white vinigar. All I got was the tiniest weasels ankle of yellow goo (10mg) from the leaves... took me ages !!! and I was disappointed to say the least..
However, my fatal mistake was not to use enough material.... 60g of each was just not enough, hahahah I hear you all .....I am doing a 'last one with 600gms leaves and tip twigs, like in the notes. Its here somewhere. There seems to be a white sheen on the twigs that looks interesting. I learned a heap from the exercise.
I need a test for tryptamines... a liquid I can put a leaf in or a bit of bark and the solution turns say blue for tryps. On the chat someone said there was one..... any one heard of such a thing... I also feel DMT is seasonal, and a test kit might be some darn good research..
Thanks again to hear your success, well done I am so jelous Doh !
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

TheMindBender
#5 Posted : 1/25/2012 11:00:00 PM

One thing that may have increased the yield was that it was the inner root bark and it was freshly harvested from the place we obtained it.

I personally haven't heard of such a tester, but if there is one I imagine it would be pretty inexact.

Good luck on future endeavors Iain1!
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Gowpen
#6 Posted : 1/28/2012 11:06:03 PM

OK, I have a litre of slightly yellowish shellite (naptha) of all my pulls from 600gms of Acacia leaves and twigs. I put a small amount in a glass and covered with cling wrap then freezer for test.... the next day there was some white spots precipitated out. There is definitely something in this solution, but the solution is yellowish.
Should I clean it somehow ? How... Im really looking for white crystals....Pure DMT to smoke..
This yellowish solution is a bit cloudy.... Im excited because this will be my 7th (6 negative ones) extraction however this is a particularly large one with 600gms leaves/end twigs...
Gowpen attached the following image(s):
photoss.JPG (134kb) downloaded 544 time(s).
photo[1].JPG (486kb) downloaded 540 time(s).

DeMenTed
#7 Posted : 1/28/2012 11:55:18 PM

Barry

The 2nd picture looks promising. Chop it up and recrystallise and see what you got m8 Smile

Gowpen
#8 Posted : 1/29/2012 12:27:07 AM

DeMenTed wrote:
The 2nd picture looks promising. Chop it up and recrystallise and see what you got m8 Smile

that is just the tip of the iceburg..... might take a week to precip all......

TheMindBender
#9 Posted : 1/31/2012 8:06:47 AM

Yeah, I'd recommend recrystallizing. Also, you should (if you haven't already) post the process you went through (that may explain the yellow tint in the crystals. It took us about 1 day (evening, night, day) to precipitate it out (afterwards we put it back in the freezer and after a weekend nothing else precipitated). Also, keep in mind that the inner root bark (supposedly) has more spice in it. Definitely keep us updated though!

Also, we're starting the second batch of ours tonight (the second 500gs). Keep you guys posted on that also!
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

TheMindBender
#10 Posted : 2/8/2012 6:11:07 PM

I'd like to add that the second batch is being finished (last 500 gs of Acacia con.) and that another (what seems like it will be) high yield was obtained (3.5 gs not including all of it).

Unfortunately, it appears to have more NMT (or other related byproducts) in the final product than the first time. So we recrystallized it. However, at the end there was still a slightly yellow tint and a bit more "goo/wax" than before... what the people who were involved in this endeavor believe is that because they reused naphtha, when it was redissolved and then reevaporated (only lost approx. .1 grams this time) it took some other materials/oils leftover from naphtha.

So, they again recrystallized it using fresh naphtha and afterwards it looked to be much more pure, though there was still some waxy residue at the bottom (weights-> crystals: approx 1.1g; wax: approx. .9g) so we lost a lot more in the latest recrystallization (little over 1 gram).

We plan on keeping the crystals and recrystallizing the waxy bit one last time.

This is learning experience! I'll also post their final yield once all is said and done.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Dante
#11 Posted : 2/8/2012 6:32:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well done TheMindBender! I would like to know the exact quantities that you've used though...
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

TheMindBender
#12 Posted : 2/8/2012 8:08:04 PM

This second batch we took a few more notes for record keeping. So I may post those notes, as they may be helpful for other people's extractions. But the next time the extractors do an extraction they may use Mimosa from the States (because ordering tree bark from Taiwan semi-often may be suspicious).

Either way though, the next time an extraction happens we'll do better record keeping and will post a detailed process and results.

Thanks for the interest, everyone.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Dante
#13 Posted : 2/8/2012 10:52:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, post those notes! Many thanks
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

fidget
#14 Posted : 2/23/2012 10:18:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIMOAIK have 250g of of AC bark, not sure its the good stuff, but will try an xtract this weekend.....

any tips or pointers on how to work with it differently yo MHRB would be good Smile

All of my posts are generated by CrapChatBot_V2.012a. No real parson is associated with any of the content which may be spontaneously created.