We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Just like rock candy? Options

fmc1228
#1 Posted : 2/21/2012 5:02:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone familiar with making rock candy should understand that the principle behind it is supersaturation. That is, the water becomes super saturated with sugar molecules and as it cools it collects on a stick that was pre dipped in sugar before being suspended in the heated water/sugar solution.

Could the same work for spice using freeze precip?

Would it be possible to after heating the naptha and performing a pull, to suspend a stick/string coated in spice in the naptha/dmt solution?

As it precipitates out of the naptha, it should collect on the stick/string, adding to the spice already on it.

This would make getting all of your super precious spice out of your precipitation jar very easy.

Any thoughts, guys?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ford Prefect
#2 Posted : 2/21/2012 6:05:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's what i was thinking... using a pyrex dish of good crystals as seeds for bigger ones. just add some evaped and refrigerated solvent/DMT soultion to the dish, throw it in the freezer & let dmt crash out and grow onto the existing crystals.

Oh yeah, a pyrex dish (with a lid) is easyer to scrape than a jar anyhow.
Earth: Mostly Harmless... Dont Panic!

TimeCat
#3 Posted : 2/21/2012 6:25:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ford Prefect wrote:
Here's what i was thinking... using a pyrex dish of good crystals as seeds for bigger ones. just add some evaped and refrigerated solvent/DMT soultion to the dish, throw it in the freezer & let dmt crash out and grow onto the existing crystals.

Oh yeah, a pyrex dish (with a lid) is easyer to scrape than a jar anyhow.

I will be trying this for sure !

Electric Kool-Aid
#4 Posted : 2/21/2012 7:17:37 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

you could make a fumarite salt stick, just like they do with sugar on a stick rock chrystals. Looks like polygon cylinders / square shapes.
I have not seen fumarite ever... Well there is one pic of it on the web and the salt chunk looks awesome! Then you can just store them and use them as you please.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

Ford Prefect
#5 Posted : 2/21/2012 7:30:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nice kitty Time Cat! Cool

gory dkalz
#6 Posted : 2/21/2012 7:53:49 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas

Check out this thread

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1520

Most beautiful rex I've ever seen.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name

I'm a pathological liar.

TimeCat
#7 Posted : 2/22/2012 6:43:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ford Prefect wrote:
nice kitty Time Cat! Cool

Thank you! Do you have one?

Ford Prefect
#8 Posted : 2/23/2012 7:24:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Naturally, this is a bit off topic but yes I do. A grey tabby and a white flame point siamese. I love them, there is always time for a lil Catophilia -even on this thread. Razz

Hey those flowers are sure impressive. Yeah? I want to try that now too. The thing that concerns me about my xtal growing idea above is there may not be any guarantee to the quality of the whole xtal. i'm afraid solvent and some impurities might deposit themselves within layers between additions. It may grow huge fluffy and impressive, but sub par (at least for any afficianado here). I think it will only work well with ultra pure product seeds to begin, then re-condense and re-xtal to grow clear large formations. my only problem is smoking it faster than I can mess with it Twisted Evil