We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Storing DMT longterm as liquid Options

deeplake
#1 Posted : 2/19/2012 4:27:09 AM

turn on tune in drop out

What do you think the best solvent/chemical would be to leave freebase DMT in?

Reason being, I have some dissolved in acetone in a glass eyedropper for making my enhanced smoke. I drop it on instead of soak it now so I don't lose any on the sides of the container. So that got me thinking of long term storage say in a old wart remover container so someone does'nt mistakenly think it's Visine or something. I just think it would be less obvious than say a vial of white Xtals...

And does anyone know if that would make it deteriorate faster? Stay the same? Or maybe help preserve it?

If you did the same with the fumarate what liquid could you use for that? An edible liquid. I would just do the math so I'm measuring my dose in cc's instead of mgs.... Water?

^Benzyme?^
I have an overactive imagination, and am certifiably insane. So anything I post is purely fictional.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SKA
#2 Posted : 2/20/2012 4:32:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As far as I know, DMT (and most other compounds) will degrade when exposed to Heat, Light, Oxygen, Water/Moist & contact with
other elements or compounds that may oxidize DMT. Storing DMT is best done in a container that shuts all these factors out.

So it's probably best to store DMT in air- & water-tight, well sealed (UV shielding)brown glass medicine bottles, which in
turn are kept in the freezer. You could label the bottles so they won't be confused with anything else.
(never heard of eyedrops that are kept in the freezer?)

Those Wart Remover Containers are probably quite expensive and I don't know if they're easy to obtain.
Besides, without liquid Nitrogen in them, those containers won't be cold, right? Or are they kept
cool by cryogenic liquid circulation as seen in food freezers?

I suppose you could store airtight bottles of DMT inside a Wart Remover container filled with liquid
Nitrogen, but I'm not sure even Pyrex bottles would stand up to a sudden plunge into -200 degrees
Celcius liquid Nitrogen. You'll need to make sure the bottles are made of material that won't crack
from such a sudden & extreme temperature difference.

The first, airtight, brownglass bottles of DMT in the freezer-plan is good enough and far simpler.
For exactly how long do you intend to store DMT?

deeplake
#3 Posted : 2/20/2012 4:56:46 PM

turn on tune in drop out

Guess I was more or less just curious. I do have most of it converted to fumarate which I can convert back to freebase. I have it it brown vials now. Guess I'm not too woried not having any extraction stuff around... Should'nt have to do that again for a long time. Say about a year?
I have an overactive imagination, and am certifiably insane. So anything I post is purely fictional.