We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why is my fumaric salting so inefficient? Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 12/23/2011 12:28:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Namaste nexians!

So I'm wondering why I am doing so much FASW salting...

Solubility of fumaric acid in water is 0.6g/100mL. I use 1L of water and saturate with fumaric acid, so it's 6g of fumaric acid in there. And that should suck out 12g of DMT from my limonene. YET, I find that after salting with 1L of FASW, I can use another 1L of FASW and it is still changing color and tastes like DMT.

So, obviously I am a bit chem-naive. What's going on here? There's no way I've been getting more than 12g of DMT from one limo pull.. well, I haven't measured (just been throwing the liquid onto changa and evapping), but I'm fairly certain I did measure at one point and it was more like 3-5g of red DMT per limo pull from 1kg of bark.

Has anyone else been feeling a little over-salted?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

moyshekapoyre
#2 Posted : 12/23/2011 1:34:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think maybe it's because I'm using cold water... no hot water in the basement.

Also I find that FASIPA sucks out more impurities than FASW, but of course it also sucks out a lot more dmt...

I guess one of my main questions is, why am I doing so many pulls? I find myself doing like 10 pulls and still getting DMT-tasting and colored FASW out. Is it really not worth doing more than 3 or 4 pulls with the d-limo?

chemisch
#3 Posted : 2/18/2012 1:10:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah. im pretty new to using to using fumaric acid but making a saturated water solution can be useful in some situations but keep in mind water disolves salts and fumaric acid is a salt it makes no sense unless you dont mind product loss you can still save your dmt by evaporating it all and disolving with pure acetone or isopropanol. which arent to hard to find at hardware stores even 70 percent isopropanol is gonna give you better yeilds
if you can bassify in ammononia and extract with dcm why not smoke it?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/18/2012 10:02:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not sure if I understand what you say chemisch, are you sure you understand what the process of FASW salting is about?

moyshekapoyre, are you sure its really still DMT being salted out, or maybe other impurities ? Did you try yielding/bioassaying the latter pulls separately to see if indeed there are alkaloids still being salted?

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 2/18/2012 4:53:49 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

chemisch wrote:
yeah. im pretty new to using to using fumaric acid but making a saturated water solution can be useful in some situations but keep in mind water disolves salts and fumaric acid is a salt it makes no sense unless you dont mind product loss you can still save your dmt by evaporating it all and disolving with pure acetone or isopropanol.

Yeah man, this sentence makes no sense, it's important to be able to make (at least) some kind of sense!

Also, fumaric acid is not a salt, it's an acidWink

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Xt
#6 Posted : 2/19/2012 3:53:56 AM

Make sure the FASI is dry by the way.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna