We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia + Vaporgenie Options

Bassface
#1 Posted : 5/27/2010 6:55:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Back when I first started experimenting with Salvia, I tried vaping some 5x with the genie and was not successful. Last night I decided to try vaping a bowl of plain leaf and got some surprising results. I cashed the bowl in 3 hits and got some very strong effects. There was heavy disassociation from my body, strong closed eye visuals, and bodily sensations that corresponded to these visuals. While it wasn't a full on, break through experience, this is way stronger a trip then I've ever had smoking a bowl of plain leaf. I'm going to try again a few more times to see if I can repeat the results. I'm wondering if vaporizing is a significantly more effective form of administration. Has anyone tried vaping salvia and noticed an increase in efficacy?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rOm
#2 Posted : 5/27/2010 8:35:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm SWIM tried vaping salvia, with success but had never the most amazing breakthrough either. However, enough for strong dissociation effects.
He only used extracts and pure salvinorin crystal.

Now with his GVG he enhance plain salvia leaf with other things such as dreamherb for vaping tryptamines...

Vaping does work, but is more tricky than smoking a bowl of it, however, it is so much smoother to vape thing (he's not so much a smoker of anything really but likes vaping a lot more)that it worth it to try few different vaping devices to get some salvinorin well.

The vaporizing point of salvinorin a is quite high compared to that of Spice or Weed so it might be a reason why it is successfull sometimes, whether sometimes it is not.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

lorax
#3 Posted : 6/30/2010 5:09:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it works best if the genie is already very warm from smoking a few hits of mj before.. then load it quickly whilst still warm. that way it doesnt need the 1-2 tokes to get up to its working temperature. have you ever tried salvia with a volcano vaporizer or the aromed(with bong)? it kicks in really hard. always have a sitter when vaping it through those high tech vapes.. you might end up falling into your vape and breaking it or so..
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Bassface
#4 Posted : 6/30/2010 5:32:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Having the pipe be warm seems to help I noticed as well. Also, because I'm working with plain leaf, grinding it up really finely also seems to help in getting dense hits. My friend has a volcano but I'm out of town right now. I decided to use this trip as a time to clear my head and not use any substances at all so I'm looking forward to returning to salvia with a fresh mind.

Felnik
#5 Posted : 6/30/2010 7:42:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think salvia burns at a hotter temperature . I found years ago that if you just take the top off the genie and smoke it straight thats the ticket.
but fasten your seatbelt after that.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Bassface
#6 Posted : 6/30/2010 10:38:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

At that point, it's just a regular pipe. If I'm going to burn it, I'd rather just use a bong.

Global
#7 Posted : 7/21/2010 12:06:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've never tried vaping it, but as far as smoking it goes, I've found the heat from a butane to make all the difference in a breakthrough experience. I think bong and butane are probably the best ways to go for the full-out experience.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

endlessness
#8 Posted : 7/21/2010 2:14:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never tried it myself, but in theory I think it cant be very effective to use the vaporgenie for salvia, because as others mentioned, salvinorin A's vaporization temperature is very high: 760 Celcius

kyrolima
#9 Posted : 7/21/2010 3:17:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I never tried it myself, but in theory I think it cant be very effective to use the vaporgenie for salvia, because as others mentioned, salvinorin A's vaporization temperature is very high: 760 Celcius

+1
I tried it numerous times via vaporizer. Even the hottest settings didn't deliver an effect beyond placebo.
elusive illusion

Istubar
#10 Posted : 2/17/2012 9:26:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an old topic, but if anybody still interested in this, maybe I could help with my response.

I have an Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer and definitely yes, vaporizing works, but as rOm said it's very tricky.

- I tried with different temperatures, and I think that the ratio of succesful vaporizing is placed between 235-245ºC (for plain leaves, never tried with extracts).

- If you set more temperature, the leaves will burn and it let your parafernalia really nasty, and it's unpleasent to clean it. If you set less temperature, it won't work.

- The dose should be between 0.1g and 0.4g. The best results with 0.3-0.25g. If you add more (we tried with a full gram), the leaves will saturate the tube and you will lose your time. Besides, it could happen that due to the more strong suction you need to do, the leaves will start burning. You need to inhale it smoothly. This is the most hard and trickiest thing, the way you inhale, the ammount of g, and how you let the hot air flow through the salvia.

- The more you grind the salvia, better results (but don't make powder or it will go down through the gauze!)

- When I used the bag, I only got stupid laugh and nothing more. I only reach the salvia's world using the tube of the Arizer (which resembles like smoking in a shisha).

- If you put a bubbler or a small bong at the end of the tube, it will works, but the strenght of the trip will be reduced a little bit. Hydrating the steam is really pleasant and gives you less harsh. It really worths the lose of power. Once again, this is really difficult to make it works all the time. In some sessions I did it properly and without problems, but some times I needed to remove the bubbler and inhale like a shisha because it didn't worked. All is essay and error.

- The most interesting thing, is that you can recycle the salvia. I mean, when you vaporize it, you don't need to change the salvia and put new one. You can re-use it 3 times more (I reached 4-6 without loosing power, then you notice that it looses it's strength)

In my opinion, I think that with this you almost reach the vaporize temperature, but you really don't vaporize at all, just a little bit. It's like when you are heating water to boil. Before it starts boiling, you are able to see some steam (I hope that you understand what I'm trying to say). That means, that the salvia is really powerful, and the real (not almost) vaporizing very risky due to the possible overdose.

Cheers!

smokerx
#11 Posted : 2/18/2012 7:17:58 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Felnik wrote:

I think salvia burns at a hotter temperature . I found years ago that if you just take the top off the genie and smoke it straight thats the ticket.
but fasten your seatbelt after that.

That ^
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

gibran2
#12 Posted : 2/18/2012 11:41:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

A while back, I tried vaporizing about 1mg of salvinorin A in my GVG (on some copper mesh). Salvinorin A does indeed vaporize quite nicely in a GVG.

It takes longer to get up to temperature, but it does eventually vaporize (very quickly, I might add) and produced a “typical” salvia experience.

It was nice – no flavor or odor at all, and just the tiniest wisp of vapor. I probably won’t do it again, mainly because a dose of salvinorin A is too hard to measure with a cheap scale.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Istubar
#13 Posted : 2/18/2012 1:15:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vaporizing salvinorin-A seems more interesting than vaporizing plain leaves. Now I'm working in my first DMT extraction, after that I would like to extract salvinorin-A and try to vaporize it too.

rOm
#14 Posted : 2/18/2012 2:27:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I need to jump in at this point cause I had many weakish salvinorin a vaporization session.
I ended thinking hte sunlight was probably an big issue all the time and avoiding UV is crucial to preserve the qaulity of the salvinorin crystals.

Nowadays, I'm of course more into vaping than smoking anything, it feels lot more pure delivery to the system.
More experimentations !!

gibran2
#15 Posted : 2/18/2012 10:48:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

rOm wrote:
I need to jump in at this point cause I had many weakish salvinorin a vaporization session.
I ended thinking hte sunlight was probably an big issue all the time and avoiding UV is crucial to preserve the qaulity of the salvinorin crystals.

Nowadays, I'm of course more into vaping than smoking anything, it feels lot more pure delivery to the system.
More experimentations !!

Salvinorin A, especially when in solution, is rapidly destroyed by UV.

From the time I harvest my leaves on, I never expose them or extracted products to sunlight.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

rOm
#16 Posted : 2/19/2012 1:38:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the clarification Gibran2 you're always have been of great help on hte topic of salvia divinorum.
So from now I'll finish soon all of my extracts with ayahuasca - as they enhance each other pretty well it seems, salvinorins as a low dose is a great lauchpad to ayahuasca, cleaning the headspace before opening the gate it seems.