We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
iboga and lower tolerance to other psychoactive plants Options

rOm
#1 Posted : 2/4/2012 4:22:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Working on a regular basis with iboga low doses (1 to 2 grams rootbark of couple of hundred mg TA) I notice the day after, microdosing others plants have a much greater impact and benefits in resonnance to my body, mind and mood. I now work on a schedule of microdose/low dose of a few plants with great results and increase sensitivity.
Most often using caapi, amanita pantherina, big mac cacti, achuma or san pedro, sometimes kratom (which is something I hardly use but have huge tolerance to it so it's very interesting in this case).
I'm sure about the cactus or kratom lower tolerance the day after iboga, be caus ei tried a few times (especially cacti)and dose as low as five grams powder cap or mix in apple sauce was ingested with very good results day 1 after 1 gram iboga rootbark, but without dosing the day before, it didn't do much consciously if anything (nothing beyond placebo anyway).

Of course we need more research on this one, we of course heard it is wiping off tolerance when flooding, as some opiates addicts sadly made the deadly experience, but we speak here about a 20th or a 10th of the dose.

Let's see where this lead with the suble entheogen as cacao for exemple...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 2/6/2012 5:31:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Iboga is a very weird substance in this regard. Each individual responds to it differently, it seems. In another thread, some people have mentioned that they´ve become less sensitive to DMT while others said that the effects of classic hallucinogens where being amplified after having had a flood-dose.

I think that part of this mystery lies in the fact that noribogaine is an SSRI.
Levels of serotonin (and maybe some other neurotransmitters like dopamine and choline as well) are elevated for as long as noribogaine is present in the bloodstream.

Part of the effects of classic hallucinogens is that serotonergic activity is temporarilly being diminished, so that elevated levels of serotonin could block some of the effects of psychedelics. But noribogaine probably has many other effects as well and maybe the ratio between the different effects of noribogaine is slightly different in each person...depending maybe on how high levels of different neurotransmitters already are, prior to the use of iboga, and other factors.

rOm
#3 Posted : 2/6/2012 8:39:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's true it's weird substance regarding tolerance. Maybe time will tell.

۩
#4 Posted : 2/6/2012 8:48:06 PM

For me I haven't noticed any substance effects diminish after iboga. Every substance seems to be stronger when noribogaine is flowing.

rOm
#5 Posted : 2/7/2012 4:02:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will try again a few time with my left over amanitas and some cacti, also with some microdose of psylocibe mu...

GratefulDad
#6 Posted : 2/16/2012 11:20:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think, possibly, that if you have a lot of iboga metabolites in you, it may reduce the effect of other substances that work on the same receptors, however if you have a low amount of iboga metabolites, it will actually potentiate these other substances. For instance, when I was on methadone, at 40 mgs, I would get way higher off of heroin, but when my methadone dose was raised up to 80 mgs, I never could even feel the heroin. I think it's the same principle.. I think some of ibogas affects are from stronger agonists, than certain other psychedelics metabolites. Or at least it's a hypothesis, anyways.. Razz

rOm
#7 Posted : 2/17/2012 2:21:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that is very intersesting GratefulDad, and could explain why some people feel less sensitive to psychedelics after iboga than other feel more sensitive, the hypothesis here to verifiy would be that people microdosing sporadicaly (from 100mg to 2grams rootbark) are more likely to see their other psychedelic potentiated, and those who have a accumulated a lot of nor-ibogaine by either flooding or microdosing for long time.