We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Spirits? Options

nexalizer
#1 Posted : 1/30/2012 12:08:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I just finished reading this. I found it to be an interesting read, it was a nice story to follow.

Some of the stuff is a bit hard to swallow though; and while it didn't detract from the reading experience, I'm curious.

Have you encountered any spirits on your ayahuasca dreams? If yes, would you elaborate on the experience and your take on it?
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 1/30/2012 1:15:02 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I love that book so much. One of the most bizarre and gripping reads i've ever ripped through. I was taking a lot of ayahuasca during the weeks i read it and had many unbelievable syncronicities with it

I don't know what to make of the things i've encountered sometimes.. but the idea that i'm just generating all this stuff on my own gets more and more ridiculous. People have posted a lot of experience reports on here if you search around, and on ayahuasca forums to

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

nexalizer
#3 Posted : 1/31/2012 3:11:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh I have searched, I guess I was looking for more direct confirmation by watching a thread about it unfold.

At the moment there are at least two major "what ifs" when it comes to Ayahuasca(/DMT).. are you actually in contact with distinct beings, or are they parts of your own psyche, anthropomorphized.. and in the book, when he talks about the shaman being able to tune in on his visions.. I've seen many reports of similar stuff too, but also find it very hard to swallow.

If such a thing is really possible (and until/if it happens to me, it'll always be taken with a pinch of salt, naturally), that to me raises many questionsVery happy
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

۩
#4 Posted : 1/31/2012 6:50:26 PM

It's not a dream. It's realer than this place I'm typing this. Yes, I have.

Sure it raises questions, and it will drive you mad searching for answers.

universecannon
#5 Posted : 1/31/2012 7:00:46 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

nexalizer wrote:

At the moment there are at least two major "what ifs" when it comes to Ayahuasca(/DMT).. are you actually in contact with distinct beings, or are they parts of your own psyche

i vote both

At this point i personally think its likely (not saying i believe it 100%) that the mind has non-local properties we don't normally experience. Probably via something along a similar vein as the model Strassman and the other docs outlined in his second book. That said a lot of it is definitely parts of 'you' you just aren't familiar with. But there is another layer beyond this i think. Although they're seamlessly intertwined perhaps

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

aliendreamtime
#6 Posted : 2/5/2012 4:21:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Stan Grov has a lot of good things to say with basic scientific evidence. I believe he has a spiritual take on it all, its been a while since I've read anything about him. But this might inspire me to look again.

I thought what they call spirits are the shifting, "alive" patterns many people see on psychedelics. A least thats what I heard in this video, metamorphosis, its pretty good. its about Blue Morpho Center for Shamanism. Although ayahuasca does seem to give you more realistic visions i guess, so with it you might see something closer to what you would expect to recognize as a spirit. I once saw a group of robed faceless figures around a table in some decision making process, it was the most reality-esque vision I've ever had, but it wasnt that intense.It was from a rue extract and freebase you know what. Anyways, if spirits do exist, I doubt they look like what you would expect them to look like.

acacian
#7 Posted : 2/17/2012 12:41:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i havent used ayahuasca yet.. i plan to over in the amazon at the end of the year. however pretty much every single dmt breakthrough.. especially changa, i have come into contact with spirits.. or i like to think of them as ethereal doctors...who show me things about the nature of reality and myself. what a bunch o' legends. so noble.. and so jaw droppingly beautiful... if there was a drooling emoticon i would definitely use it right now to describe my awe Razz
i feel a very amazonian vibe to my changa experiences. had a very interesting changa trip a while ago that i will never forget in which i came into contact with what i interpreted as a shaman who was exploring the realms at the same time i was, and took a few moments of his time to guide me.. but hey who knows.. that was just the way it felt.. i like trusting my gut though
it was a male spirit and it was wearing absolutely mind blowing garments.. he had a staff like object and he was blowing smoke on me in between ducking and weaving himself through the patterns. this fella seemed to be able to navigate his way round hyperspace with ease. that experience felt like a bit of an initation in a way.. and a recent breakthrough really confirmed that for me.