We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Cannabis parties Options

VoidTraveler
#1 Posted : 2/17/2012 11:04:26 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Quite recently I was thinking about parties and how they're usually way too dominated by the consumption of alcohol. I was stoned at the time and concluded that parties with cannabis are probably a brilliant way to have a very social happening going on and avoid the dreaded alcohol / get weed more socially accepted.

The idea is simple: Invite a bunch of people over as if you're having a socially accepted alcohol party. Invite people from various social groups to mix things up a bit and explicitly inform them that this will be a cannabis party. They should either bring some hash/weed, smoking supplies(papers, bongs, pipes), food or NON-ALCOHOLIC beverages that they associate with having a good time on cannabis. Have Chai around as Weed + Chai = <3.

Set up your house in a comfortable setting like a regular party. Dim the lights, having cushions around on the floor, have some tunes playing. Organize a few of these and get people themselves to organize them. They're good for two things: if more of these parties are happening, more people will attend and they will get socially accepted. And you'll be having a great time.

I'm having one of these next month as an experiment to see how it goes and how people like the idea.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Purges
#2 Posted : 2/17/2012 11:19:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shame a lot of my friends can't handle cannabis Laughing I always just smoke copious amounts of Ganja at 'drinking parties' any way - makes them moar tolerable Wink

P.S - can I come PLZ VT? Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

zealot619
#3 Posted : 2/17/2012 11:38:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think people drink at parties because they percieve it as making them more sociable, whereas weed makes certain people anxious or self-concious around large groups of peeps. That being said there are a large amount of people who do feel the same way as you (me included). I think its a great idea just watch out for the cops, having all ur close friends busted all together would suck.
Peace and light.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 2/17/2012 12:09:42 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

No fun partying without alcohol...

I'd avoid a stoners-only party like hell, full of whoooa, duuude people and all. I far prefer vomiting loud speaking violent heavy drinkers anyday. Partying is not chilling!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

universalshaman
#5 Posted : 2/17/2012 1:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ Yea what he said.

Although, I'm pretty sure that OP's idea actually takes place in various cities, I know I wouldn't want more than 15-20 people if even that, get any more people and just smoke cannabis, it would get really wierd.

At least for me. Cannabis is a heavy psychedelic.
Living beside the mystery.

chrissobo13
#6 Posted : 2/17/2012 7:02:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've often fantasized the same thing, as I don't really enjoy heavy parties like that. I'm not much of a drinker, maybe went through two years of enjoying it in excess, but now two beers and I'm done.

But it IS a good idea, just a matter of finding like-minded people who can thrive in that kind of gathering. I'm definitely one of them. All the parties I've been to lately involve me smoking copious amounts of weed to compensate for being not drunk. The last one involved a ton of K piled high on a beer pong table in the basement. Some criminal justice student called the cops. I booked it through the back yard ninja style.

Coastal_Shaman
#7 Posted : 2/17/2012 7:09:04 PM

"That Guy"

My friends used to throw parties like that back in highschool. You weren't aloud to enter the party unless you showed up with a bunch of bud, hash, oil or munchies.. There was a game we'd play called "gash it, pack it, smoke it.. I'm sure the name is fairly self explanatory. I never knew I could get hung over from pot untill I went to one of these gatherings.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

universecannon
#8 Posted : 2/17/2012 7:17:26 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

The best parties i had in high school were mostly outdoors and always a mixture of drinking and heavy marijuana smoking. Not one or the other.

I don't care for drinking anymore though

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Coastal_Shaman
#9 Posted : 2/18/2012 12:19:41 AM

"That Guy"

I just got word of such a party not an hour ago and am heading there now.. Should be a nice Friday evening haha.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

Indoril_Nerevar
#10 Posted : 2/18/2012 1:06:19 AM

The third eye,humanity's only hope...

Infundibulum wrote:

I'd avoid a stoners-only party like hell, full of whoooa, duuude people and all. I far prefer vomiting loud speaking violent heavy drinkers anyday. Partying is not chilling!

I prefer stoners to "drinkers" anyday.The typical "drinker" tends to be a college student that has/had controlling parents and finally has a chance to be "cool" and "grown up".You'll hear conversations like "wow man,last night i got so drunk i punched a guy!!!" "i got even drunker and ran on the street naked" "ahahhaha we are so cool and badass!!!let's take pictures of us drinking 0.5% alchohol beer and post them on facebook!!!!1".And of course if someone tells them pot is 1000x better a high and 100000000x times healthier they go "pot is drugs it will kill you thats what the school and my mum say anyway".Or he/she is an alcoholic.
The character Indoril_Nerevar is an artistic work of fiction, and thus all his claims and ideas are works of falsehood and fiction and should be treated likewise. There is no relation between Indoril_Nerevar and any real living or dead person, and any existing similarity or seeming relation is purerly coincidental.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#11 Posted : 2/18/2012 1:11:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All depends on the friends you invite to such parties. I've had them before and they can be awesome! Much more cerebral and though provoking than drinking only parties. But I could see that with the wrong people it could be a bummer of a party.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

stoneyone
#12 Posted : 2/18/2012 2:30:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WHOOA, DUDE a kick back stoner party! Good timez and even better vibez. to each there own and there is a time and place for everything but for the most part im all about just kickin back with my buds. less drama. But everynow and then i nice keg party can be a blast!

soulfood
#13 Posted : 2/18/2012 2:42:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Well in my experience the best party's involved light drinking, MDMA and lots of cannabis.

No-one vomited, no one was self-conscious and everyone was having fun.

But yeah... we were loud. Everyone of us a DJ of some sort. Very happy

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 2/18/2012 2:48:40 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Pot Parties

The hip new fad of the 21st century.

/me approves Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

arcanum
#15 Posted : 2/18/2012 12:33:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you kidding? I avoid a pot smokers party like the plague. Give me plenty of drink and lots of sophisticated ladies to flirt with, beats dredlocks and redeyes anyday.

Infundibulum
#16 Posted : 2/18/2012 5:06:24 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Indoril_Nerevar wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

I prefer stoners to "drinkers" anyday.The typical "drinker" tends to be a college student that has/had controlling parents and finally has a chance to be "cool" and "grown up".You'll hear conversations like "wow man,last night i got so drunk i punched a guy!!!" "i got even drunker and ran on the street naked" "ahahhaha we are so cool and badass!!!let's take pictures of us drinking 0.5% alchohol beer and post them on facebook!!!!1".

Well, these ARE the proper parties!! Or you prefer to listen to whoa dude, the government is like trying to like brainwash everyone with like this propaganda dude, we like must like let everyone know the truth about the herb man, you know like what I mean dude? They have a like agenda to like turn everyone to like slave dude?Razz

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Walter D. Roy
#17 Posted : 2/18/2012 5:19:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is pretty much what me and my friends do most of the time, or course not with a ton of people. Its usually way more fun than any drinking party I've been too. You bond better with your closer friends and don't have to worry about people doing dumb stuff. People probably don't do this as much because they want to do "stupid shit".
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

christian
#18 Posted : 2/18/2012 5:51:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Or you prefer to listen to whoa dude, the government is like trying to like brainwash everyone with like this propaganda dude, we like must like let everyone know the truth about the herb man, you know like what I mean dude? They have a like agenda to like turn everyone to like slave dude?Razz

-Cannabis parties??...umm, not really. Like you said, it's a psychadelic suited to deeper than usual conversations. I don't call that "partying" at all.

>BUT, like Soulfood said, Light drinking, MDMA, AND THEN, smoking lotsa cannabis, now THAT'S partying, or fun, etc.

--Cannabis is better suited to chilling with some friends. Sure you can arrange meet ups i suppose, but let's not confuse meet ups with ACTIVE, partying!! Laughing
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Sky Motion
#19 Posted : 2/18/2012 6:08:14 PM

<3

Meh, I've seen these cannabis gatherings before. A lot of people doing nothing and wanting to leave for food, there's not much fun in it for me.

A party for me definitely includes drinking and hopefully good MDMA. I know weed is much more healthy and it's a good idea to have buddies over to smoke and chill but not really as a party substitute.

zoopzop
#20 Posted : 2/18/2012 11:03:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe rather than cannabis 'parties' we should call them 'cannabis group sessions' or 'chill time with the buds'

because they would most likely not be very upbeat, as one would expect a party to be
i hate drinking parties though, I'd much rather go to something like this anyways.

12NEXT