We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How can/should freebase be smoked? Options

JuremaSpaceship
#21 Posted : 2/9/2012 6:10:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will only use a bic lighter with my vapor genie...

I bought a torch lighter right when I got the vg, I went home and gave the new pipe a few test runs with some weed and a regular old bic lighter.
I was amazed at how good it worked and how great the hits tasted, it was equivalent to a very expensive electric vaporizer I had bought a few years ago!

Later in the week I decided to give the torch lighter a try (still with just weed) because I've been reading everyone saying how a torch lighter is "the only way to go"
After trying for a few minutes I realized I was just burning the weed to a crisp even tho I had the tip of the flame quite far from the ceramic.

I have yet to try the torch lighter for dmt because the bic works perfectly fine...break through in 1 hit! With only like 40-45mg spice on top of weed.

It just seems like in order for the torch to properly vape the spice the flame has to be too far away.
Rug•Wall•Ceiling•People•Fruit•Music

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TimeCat
#22 Posted : 2/9/2012 7:32:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle wrote:
TimeCat wrote:
I don't have much money so I utilize what I have .I use a glass pipe ,stuff stainless scrubber in bowl.I then push 3 screens down on top of scrubber.this is where I put xtals and then I makea top out of stainless scrubber,it fits down on top of xtals.blasted me off with very little.

nice pipe lol, it's kind of psychedelic just looking at that thing.

It really gets crazy looking when I hit it and I try and set it down.lol

Coastal_Shaman
#23 Posted : 2/9/2012 7:52:28 PM

"That Guy"

JuremaSpaceship wrote:

I bought a torch lighter right when I got the vg, I went home and gave the new pipe a few test runs with some weed and a regular old bic lighter.
I was amazed at how good it worked and how great the hits tasted, it was equivalent to a very expensive electric vaporizer I had bought a few years ago!

Later in the week I decided to give the torch lighter a try (still with just weed) because I've been reading everyone saying how a torch lighter is "the only way to go"
After trying for a few minutes I realized I was just burning the weed to a crisp even tho I had the tip of the flame quite far from the ceramic.

I have yet to try the torch lighter for dmt because the bic works perfectly fine...break through in 1 hit! With only like 40-45mg spice on top of weed.

It just seems like in order for the torch to properly vape the spice the flame has to be too far away.

This is the only way I roll with my gvg.. Works everytime and I've been trying to tell people as much as I can that a bic and good technique are all that is needed.

@TimeCat, That's a really nice piece. I wish I could remember putting my pipe down after launching but for some reason I never do and always come to with it in my hand still..
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

VisualAnemia
#24 Posted : 2/10/2012 2:07:11 PM

Chalgren

Wow, alot of answers already Smile

Why use a lightbulb?

Just make the Machine already Pleased Myself and several others have posts about it, nexus has a post about it. It's cheap, easy to make and fool-proof to use as long as attention to the technique is payed.
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

DudeMeetTyler
#25 Posted : 2/10/2012 2:47:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@timecat, you wrote:
Quote:
I don't have much money so I utilize what I have .I use a glass pipe ,stuff stainless scrubber in bowl.I then push 3 screens down on top of scrubber.this is where I put xtals and then I makea top out of stainless scrubber,it fits down on top of xtals.blasted me off with very little.

so to make sure I follow, you put scrubberat the bottom of the bowl, then screens on top of this scrubber, followed by your smoking product, then more scrubber at the top of the bowl?? is that right?

Thanks,

The Dude
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

seeohhdee
#26 Posted : 2/10/2012 8:56:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JuremaSpaceship wrote:

this is good advice i wish i would have had before making my torch purchase...

isnt that a good way to get soot on the filter though?
Turn your gaze inward and you will see the face of God.

seeohhdee
#27 Posted : 2/10/2012 8:59:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i cant see how you can screw up with the oil burner unless you are really trying to burn the stuff... that thing is made for smoking crack, sure... but that is also a freebase... plus plenty of room to watch what youre doing in order to get a good technique down...
Turn your gaze inward and you will see the face of God.

globiz
#28 Posted : 2/14/2012 11:18:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It seems to me that using an oil burner with DMT crystals has to be done the same way one would do it with meth crystals. You can burn those, too, but I know people who are very skilled. You just have to practice a bit with the distance you hold the flame from the bowl- Just close enough that you melt the crystals and heat them into a vapor and then a long, slow draw as the crystal vaporizes. I haven't done my extraction yet. I'm just going by what I've seen. If you are careful and don't hold the flame too close, you should not have a problem with wasting much, if any, of the crystals. Using a Bic is probably best for this. I've only ever seen people use butane torch lighters to clean the pipe. And I've never seen people smoke crack from an oil burner, just from a straight stem with some steel wool set in the end upon which they would melt their hit before using the lighter to heat it and the glass from the outside. Now THAT might be a method to look in to, also. Sounds very close to the methods mentioned in some of the other posts.

acacian
#29 Posted : 2/15/2012 12:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i haven't vaped dmt i've always used a bong and this method has never failed me. is dmt vapor harsh in anyway? i am interesting in purchasing a VG as i have heard they are very efficient, but personally i find changa very efficient and unwasteful with a bong

the reason i like to use a bong is because i have been using them for a long time and its a very familiar way to smoke for me... and if using changa its really easy to just rip a cone and breakthrough..

un-known-ome
#30 Posted : 2/15/2012 3:55:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a wealth of information. I actually have relatively little smoking experience and do not own and have never owned any pieces, pipes, bongs, or vaporizers. I'm taking mental notes though of every post.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

PREV12