We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hmong textiles from Sa Pa Vietnam Options

semios
#1 Posted : 1/24/2012 7:15:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey gang - I thought you would appreciate the hand-embroidered patterns on these Hmong textiles I picked up in Vietnam earlier this month. Also traditionally they use hemp linen for the blue batik backing cloth. Sadly the shirt/jacket was much too small and by far too overpriced in Hanoi but on my next trip I hope to get up to this region.

semios attached the following image(s):
Hmong-3722sm.jpg (214kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
Hmong-3723sm.jpg (258kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
Hmong-3727sm.jpg (253kb) downloaded 109 time(s).
Hmong-3512sm.jpg (268kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
Hmong-Jacket3522sm.jpg (246kb) downloaded 108 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 1/24/2012 7:24:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Very nice!

Theres a large Hmong community in Central/Northern Laos; I bought some similar stuff from them back in 1999, shortly after Laos made a concerted effort to get the tourists visiting.SE Asia is simply fantastic and well worth a visit for those who've not been.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

jamie
#3 Posted : 1/24/2012 7:27:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

wow..really beautiful..and colorful reminds me of some huichol stuff.
Long live the unwoke.

christian
#4 Posted : 1/24/2012 9:48:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it's really interesting to notice that mountain people in Asia and latin America have many similarities in textiles and ways of life- even looks. In Hanoi i went to a museum, and overheard a Spanish lady speaking about an ancient vase on display with designs on it looking exactly like something ancient Mayan, etc. I find it amazing all this stuff, not to mention pyramids being found in Asia, and mummies in Egypt with residues of the Coca plant. Makes one wonder....Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Ice House
#5 Posted : 2/9/2012 12:52:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Wonderful stuff semios, thanks for sharing!

Warmest Regards,

Ice House
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

DoctorMantus
#6 Posted : 2/9/2012 3:05:58 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Thanks for sharing very cool.

Vietnam is a beautiful place, and i hope to make there one day.

How is your stay there?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
โ€” Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Indoril_Nerevar
#7 Posted : 2/9/2012 5:35:26 PM

The third eye,humanity's only hope...

I want that shirt Shocked I really hope I get to visit Vietnam some day.
The character Indoril_Nerevar is an artistic work of fiction, and thus all his claims and ideas are works of falsehood and fiction and should be treated likewise. There is no relation between Indoril_Nerevar and any real living or dead person, and any existing similarity or seeming relation is purerly coincidental.