We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
martin balls books... Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 1/13/2009 4:27:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I ordered martin balls book, mushroom wisdom...and ralph metzners ayahuasca, sacred vine of spirits.
i am dissapointed with martin balls book. I read about 1/4 of it so far, and while I could see how it could be helpful to someone very inexperienced with mushrooms and entheogens in general, I basically find it boring. It reminds me of an instruction manual...

Havent started Metzners book yet, but flipping through it, it looks much more interesting..

What I wanted to know here if anyone has read any other Martin balls other books?? If so, did you find them interesting?? I like his podcasts and wanted to order his book on salvia, but now I think I will order zoe 7's book, back from the void instead, which I was going to do after..unless i can find others who have read martins other works..

Either way, I am glad I bought his book just to support him cus I like what he is doing..dont want to discourage others from his his works. I will prob just buy his and zoe's books..
Long live the unwoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/13/2009 5:01:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know, personally listening to his podcasts I didnt find his understanding of things so incredible or particularly new to me. Plus it was annoying that he was all the time asking for donations. I mean, sure he is intelligent and talks about these subjects we are all interested in, but its not talked about in the level of, say, dennis mckenna, christian raetsch, ralph metzner, stanislav grof and so on..

not to diss the guy here, I dont even know him and didnt read any books. Just mentioning my own opinion from listening to some of his podcasts

jamie
#3 Posted : 1/14/2009 4:40:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah definatily no mckenna.. never bin another like him since in my opinion. He had such a way with language. We get the grahm hancocks, rick strassmans etc..but where is our generations leary, mckenna or lilly????

Sometimes I think they have been replaced by forums like thisWink...
Long live the unwoke.